gunbroker.com

LarsMac

gunbroker.com

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1496175 wrote: No your don't. You want to know how George spends his money

The good guy is not murdered by the bad guy. Persecuted by a mob motivated by prejudice ready to tear down the jail for an old fashioned hang tie party.

George was hardly "The good guy" here. He was just a simpleton who placed himself in harm's way for no justifiable reason, and came away with his life. Martin was a dumb kid, looking for trouble, and he found it, and paid with his life.

Like I said. Two idiots out looking for trouble. They found what they were looking for. 'nuff said.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1496186 wrote: George was hardly "The good guy" here. He was just a simpleton who placed himself in harm's way for no justifiable reason, and came away with his life. Martin was a dumb kid, looking for trouble, and he found it, and paid with his life.

Like I said. Two idiots out looking for trouble. They found what they were looking for. 'nuff said.

Trayvon was going home & some fat, ugly white dude was following him. He was NOT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. Zimmerman WAS, that's why, against regulations of that condo he was carrying a gun on neighborhood watch.

Trayvon was Afraid, Lars, and yes, like a dumb kid, because most kids are dumb, he machismoed himself into confrontation. He overreacted to the situation, but only went out for candy & to peaceably go home.

Your comment, Lars, that he went looking for trouble is more disturbing to me than TD, as YOU should know better.

eta -- (later and more annoyed after listening to the news) Then again, you are a Republican. Said so yourself.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1496186 wrote: George was hardly "The good guy" here. He was just a simpleton who placed himself in harm's way for no justifiable reason, and came away with his life. Martin was a dumb kid, looking for trouble, and he found it, and paid with his life.

I am also a simpleton who cares about my neighborhood. I also watch what is going on. Always though that was a good thing.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

gunbroker.com

Post by Bruv »

You Yanks love a gun story, especially when it's about personal freedom.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1496191 wrote: You Yanks love a gun story, especially when it's about personal freedom.

Are you including me, Bruv? If so, why? If fate had you grow up in the usa, you wouldn't be cavalier about a very real problem. EVERY DAY, everyday, at least 4 people are murdered together by someone they know. I heard the news today, o boy.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1496193 wrote: Are you including me, Bruv? If so, why? If fate had you grow up in the usa, you wouldn't be cavalier about a very real problem. EVERY DAY, everyday, at least 4 people are murdered together by someone they know. I heard the news today, o boy.

Link please

I really needs clarification on this.

Thank You
Bruv

gunbroker.com

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1496193 wrote: Are you including me, Bruv? If so, why? If fate had you grow up in the usa, you wouldn't be cavalier about a very real problem. EVERY DAY, everyday, at least 4 people are murdered together by someone they know. I heard the news today, o boy.

Thought I was being ironic,kind of like...... the personal freedom to be shot dead is worth dieing for ?
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I know that, dear, but don't be so general. You know me. You know there are millions of Americans like me. Ones with brains intact, I mean.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1496196 wrote: Link please

I really needs clarification on this.

Thank You

I don't blame you for asking. I looked, under today's date, at CNN, MSNBC, FOX, as I was channel flipping this morning. Oh, HLN, too. I found nothing matching what I heard & will not take offense if you disregard this. Perhaps I might find it tomorrow, I'll try again.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1496199 wrote: I don't blame you for asking. I looked, under today's date, at CNN, MSNBC, FOX, as I was channel flipping this morning. Oh, HLN, too. I found nothing matching what I heard & will not take offense if you disregard this. Perhaps I might find it tomorrow, I'll try again.

Every time I read of an alarming stat I begin to question it. No matter what, though it shouldn't, and I know better. There are things which just don't seem right.

I have no problem with the straight dope.

These FBI as of 2013 shouldn't be all off the sake of discussion, me thinks.

TOTAL: HOMICIDES 1253

I figure 34 per day

HOMICIDES WITH FIREARM

I figure 23 per day

Not a pleasant picture. You did specify

at least 4 people are murdered together by someone they know

That is the hard one to swallow. If true i would be very interesting as that alone counts for 1460 people a year.

Oh wait, just had a brain storm. Remids me of the concept of a mass murder everyday. I Googled and this is on the top,

How Often Do Mass Shootings Occur? On Average, Every Day, Records Show

More than one a day.

That is how often, on average, shootings that left four or more people wounded or dead occurred in the United States this year, according to compilations of episodes derived from news reports.
LarsMac

gunbroker.com

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1496188 wrote: Trayvon was going home & some fat, ugly white dude was following him. He was NOT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. Zimmerman WAS, that's why, against regulations of that condo he was carrying a gun on neighborhood watch.

Trayvon was Afraid, Lars, and yes, like a dumb kid, because most kids are dumb, he machismoed himself into confrontation. He overreacted to the situation, but only went out for candy & to peaceably go home.

Your comment, Lars, that he went looking for trouble is more disturbing to me than TD, as YOU should know better.

eta -- (later and more annoyed after listening to the news) Then again, you are a Republican. Said so yourself.

Most people are comfortable with their own way of looking at the world. Martin was not the angelic youth some would have us believe, anymore that Zimmerman was the steadfast defender of the American Way that Tude would like him to be.

And, I am not a member of the Republican Party, anymore. They left me behind a while back.

And I am really sick of the whole thing.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

gunbroker.com

Post by Bruv »

I am so glad I was born this side of the pond.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1496207 wrote: Most people are comfortable with their own way of looking at the world. Martin was not the angelic youth some would have us believe, anymore that Zimmerman was the steadfast defender of the American Way that Tude would like him to be.

And, I am not a member of the Republican Party, anymore. They left me behind a while back.

And I am really sick of the whole thing.

Back up your comment Trayvon went out that night looking for trouble, instead of snacks. Since you can't, try watching your words in the future, & not try to appease both sides by being slippery with truth. If you stand by that comment w/ no proof, then it was probably based on latent, racist views.

Your being 'sick of it' doesn't let you off.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Tude, I only remember it was CNN yesterday morning. I will be out today, see you later.
LarsMac

gunbroker.com

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1496225 wrote: Back up your comment Trayvon went out that night looking for trouble, instead of snacks. Since you can't, try watching your words in the future, & not try to appease both sides by being slippery with truth. If you stand by that comment w/ no proof, then it was probably based on latent, racist views.

Your being 'sick of it' doesn't let you off.

We have no proof of anything going through Trayvon's mind, that night. But he was seen wandering around in the rain, looking into windows of some houses and that was what caught the attention of the other one.

And I don't give a crap what either side thinks, and have no interest in appeasing them.

Neither of those two should have been where they were, doing what they were doing. And both of them made poor decisions which resulted in the senseless death of a human being.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"We have no proof of anything going through Trayvon's mind, that night. But he was seen wandering around in the rain, looking into windows of some houses and that was what caught the attention of the other one."---LM

That's right. However, you jumped to a conclusion, based only on the words of the man who shot him. The one who said that is Zimmerman. No one else said that.

I do want to say I have always thought Zimmerman genuinely believed his life was in danger. He put himself in danger, and he knew he was armed.

You're a privileged white older male, living in a basically white society. That's no ad hominem Lars, just the way it is.
LarsMac

gunbroker.com

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1496237 wrote: "We have no proof of anything going through Trayvon's mind, that night. But he was seen wandering around in the rain, looking into windows of some houses and that was what caught the attention of the other one."---LM

That's right. However, you jumped to a conclusion, based only on the words of the man who shot him. The one who said that is Zimmerman. No one else said that.

I do want to say I have always thought Zimmerman genuinely believed his life was in danger. He put himself in danger, and he knew he was armed.

You're a privileged white older male, living in a basically white society. That's no ad hominem Lars, just the way it is.

I jumped to no conclusion.

You presume to know me, and base your statements on those presumptions. And you interpret what I posted based upon your own prejudices and judgements.

Let me ask you one question.

Do you think that Martin knew Zimmerman was armed?

Do you think Zimmerman really had any idea what he was getting himself into?

Both of these young men, IMHO, acted without thinking. They both made decisions that put their own lives in jeopardy.

However, only one may live to learn from those mistakes.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

1. No

2. No

He won't learn.

Sorry, Lars. This election season is making me a bit batty. I apologize.

Return to “Current Events”