gunbroker.com

spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

An odd sequence of events, this.

I registered on a gun auction site at lunchtime in order to bid for a handgun.

I arranged with an in-state Licensed Firearms Dealer to take delivery of it.

Then gunbroker.com cancelled the auction (the item you have requested is no longer in the system) and made its Twitter and Facebook pages invisible. I expect a media storm was about to break and they ducked.

The firearm being auctioned was the one which killed Trayvon Martin, and the person putting it up for auction was George Zimmerman.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

Huh?

What would one expect? Gunbroker is a business which doesn't need the threats and violence Zimmerman has had to endure.

Welcome to the nation of mob rule.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

gunbroker.com

Post by Bruv »

Firstly, why on earth would you want any gun and particularly that one ?

Secondly, that news report makes the worst BBC report look marvelous.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

Bruv;1495755 wrote: Firstly, why on earth would you want any gun and particularly that one ?

It's "an American firearm icon".

Secondly, that news report makes the worst BBC report look marvelous.

Something which might make one feel almost proud, don't you think.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

gunbroker.com

Post by Bruv »

Bet you can't wait for Enola Gay to come on the market.

Yes I do....feel proud I mean.......no almost about it.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1495755 wrote: Firstly, why on earth would you want any gun

Uh, like shooting guns? Maybe think they are really cool to have? It could be a life saver if an animal knocks you to the ground. Bashes your head in the concrete then straddles you doing a beat down on your head?

You think?

Bruv;1495755 wrote: and particularly that one ?

Personally, i would not go out of my way to buy that unless I thought I could turn a profit on it. But then again, I would have bragging rights to own the most vilified weapon in the US.

Bruv;1495755 wrote: Secondly, that news report makes the worst BBC report look marvelous.
Wandrin

gunbroker.com

Post by Wandrin »

Wow! An auction house with a conscience.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

Wandrin;1495768 wrote: Wow! An auction house with a conscience.

Conscience or business sense?
Bruv

gunbroker.com

Post by Bruv »

@Tude.....

This 'beat down' guy ? How are you going to use a firearm in such the circumstances as described ?

Oh yeah you shoot em first over there, then tell a good cover story, what jury could convict anyone who kills somebody that uses those 'Gang' signs on his Facebook page ?

Do guys need to have bragging rights ?

Shame........
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1495771 wrote: @Tude.....

This 'beat down' guy ? How are you going to use a firearm in such the circumstances as described ?

Oh yeah you shoot em first over there, then tell a good cover story, what jury could convict anyone who kills somebody that uses those 'Gang' signs on his Facebook page ?

Uhh, maybe if you had any idea of the facts of the case you would not say something so stupid.

Bruv;1495771 wrote: Do guys need to have bragging rights ?

Shame........

Hey, relax,I just threw that up for the heck of it.
FourPart

gunbroker.com

Post by FourPart »

It still strikes me as being the need for a phallic symbol.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

FourPart;1495775 wrote: It still strikes me as being the need for a phallic symbol.

What's that?
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

tude dog;1495776 wrote: What's that?

An artificial substitute for male virility.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

spot;1495784 wrote: An artificial substitute for male virility.

Thank you, but I think everybody here knows that. I should have been clearer. I was curious about the "need" part. Sounds like an adolescent attempt at humor.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

George Zimmerman is a narcissistic attention-getter. He is a needy, sick man & btw he is fat & ugly.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1495795 wrote: George Zimmerman is a narcissistic attention-getter. He is a needy, sick man & btw he is fat & ugly.

His socks don't match and his mother dresses him funny.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

He's plug ugly. His nasty soul shows through to his face.
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

Anne, you think that of Kim Jong-Un too. I think you should meditate on the virtuous benefit of impartiality for a while.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1495805 wrote: He's plug ugly. His nasty soul shows through to his face.

He popped his pimples and picks his nose. Snorts his snot and farts in church.
Wandrin

gunbroker.com

Post by Wandrin »

I wonder if he will also auction off the guns he used in the domestic assault cases for which he was arrested, or the road rage incident.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1495809 wrote: Anne, you think that of Kim Jong-Un too. I think you should meditate on the virtuous benefit of impartiality for a while.

Where did I say that? Link, please. I find the little general much cuter than that person. As for being impartial, there is no one on earth who is, and that includes you.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Wandrin;1495813 wrote: I wonder if he will also auction off the guns he used in the domestic assault cases for which he was arrested, or the road rage incident.

Nope. Those guns didn't make him infamous. There is something mentally wrong with this person, feeling the gun belongs in the Smithsonian; thinking he did something important and revels in it. Even if I were in complete agreement with him; that his actions were pure and in self-defense in something he did not start I would say that. Move on, live your life----but no, glorify your deed, be grandiose that you accomplished the greatest act of your existence----pathetic.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

Kinda wish I made him my best friend.

Going for $65 million: George Zimmerman’s gun is up for auction again

I'd be shocked if it turns out that good for him. He deserves something for all the crap he was put through.

I've tried logging into that site but I am told it is down.

Reding the article is another reason I don't like paying for progressive newspapers. More editorial than news.
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1495818 wrote: Where did I say that? Link, please. I find the little general much cuter than that person. Have we ever seen him in uniform? I don't have a memory of it if we did. You may not have described him as physically repellent in which case it's someone else I've confused into the story.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1495824 wrote: Have we ever seen him in uniform? I don't have a memory of it if we did. You may not have described him as physically repellent in which case it's someone else I've confused into the story.

You mean, have we ever seen him out of uniform. At this last conference or convention or whatever, he was dressed in a Western suit & tie, new glasses & hairdo & I thought he looked very well indeed. I may not have described him as physically repellent because I didn't. I see it is hard for you to admit when you are just plain wrong.
Wandrin

gunbroker.com

Post by Wandrin »

tude dog;1495820 wrote: Kinda wish I made him my best friend.

I'd be shocked if it turns out that good for him. He deserves something for all the crap he was put through.

Reding the article is another reason I don't like paying for progressive newspapers. More editorial than news.

Okay, how about this quote from Bill O'Reilly on your favorite Faux News? "Now, Mr. Zimmerman's action is despicable. You simply do not profit from a tragedy."
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

Wandrin;1495833 wrote: Okay, how about this quote from Bill O'Reilly on your favorite Faux News? "Now, Mr. Zimmerman's action is despicable. You simply do not profit from a tragedy."

If in Mr. Zimmermans position I would certainly make the most of the injustice done to me.

George acted legally in his self-defence. If not for Martin wacko mom and the perpetual Neegro grievance industry there would be no controversy.

Just to bad he had to kill Obama's son.
Bruv

gunbroker.com

Post by Bruv »

@ Tude

Two = number 2

Too = also, as well

To = move toward

Can't educate your attitude, maybe can help you express it eloquently.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1495835 wrote: If in Mr. Zimmermans position I would certainly make the most of the injustice done to me.

George acted legally in his self-defence. If not for Martin wacko mom and the perpetual Neegro grievance industry there would be no controversy.

Just to bad he had to kill Obama's son.

A$$hole.
LarsMac

gunbroker.com

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1495844 wrote:

Can't educate your attitude, maybe can help you express it eloquently.

Good luck with that.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

gunbroker.com

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1495820 wrote: Kinda wish I made him my best friend.

Yeah, the new American Success Story: "How to profit from your stupidity."
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

Just too, two, to bad for ya all.

Y'all must be taking Trump lessons. Picking the low hanging fruit to further your self-sense of importance.
Bruv

gunbroker.com

Post by Bruv »

" Your sense of self importance" ?
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1495861 wrote: Yeah, the new American Success Story: "How to profit from your stupidity."

Who's stupid?

Apparently Trayvon would be first on the list.

Mom who threw him out of the house managed to profit on her son's death. Trayvon Martin’s family settles wrongful death lawsuit with Sanford, Florida, homeowner’s association

I bet it is more than Trayvon could have stolen if he live a long life, mostly in prison.
LarsMac

gunbroker.com

Post by LarsMac »

It is not about Martin and his family.

Zimmerman is, was, and probably will continue to be a fool.

No matter what he gets out of this sale, in a few years (maybe less) we will once again encounter him in the news, over his next misadventure, and some day, he will show up homeless and penniless, and probably on the wrong side of the law.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1495876 wrote: It is not about Martin and his family.

Zimmerman is, was, and probably will continue to be a fool.

No matter what he gets out of this sale, in a few years (maybe less) we will once again encounter him in the news, over his next misadventure, and some day, he will show up homeless and penniless, and probably on the wrong side of the law.

I take a different view.

Not here to defend George or his actions. What bothers me is from day one the way he has been treated, among a few, MSM, Obama (Holder), and the state of Florida.

My first interest, in this case, was inspired by Irreverends Jackson and Sharpton. See those two together sure to be an interesting story to follow, and it was.

I don't know George Zimmerman. After harassed and persecuted like he was, really don't know how well I could stand up.

Zimmerman pulled over in Texas for speeding

And that passes as news?:-5 Oh I forgot, he had a gun, like many of us might have.

The Martin family refuses to admit Trayvon grew past that angelic picture so often shown and become a violent criminal threat to society.

Police investigated Trayvon Martin over jewelry
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

Be honest, how much would anybody think Georges's gun would go for if it were allowed to go for sale?

My thought was ten thousand dollars. Good thing I don't act so impulsively.

The 7 Most Expensive Guns Ever Sold

I did what the Washington Post intended to do, which is to inflame.
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

It's only an auction if the bids are collectable. Thousands of people are screwing the auction up - literally thousands, on both auction sites - to prevent the gun from finding a buyer by that route. Mr Zimmerman will only succeed in finding a buyer if the sale is arranged privately and excludes the interference. The Washington Post knows the $65m isn't collectable and doesn't represent the auction price, and you know it, and Mr Zimmerman undoubtedly knows it. I fail to see any inflaming.
FourPart

gunbroker.com

Post by FourPart »

Chuck it into a steel foundry.
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

In order to do that one must first own it.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

I hope this is the final bid.

Gun auction winner to be notified 'immediately'

The last bid of $138,900 was made one minute before the auction closed by a user named "John Smith."

That does sound bogus but I do hope whatever it comes to would come close.

Before the auction closed, Todd Underwood, who runs the site, commented that despite internet trolls driving up the price, the auction might have helped Zimmerman find a real buyer.

"Regardless, (Zimmerman) has been contacted by several real bidders with verified funds," Underwood wrote.

In the statement released this afternoon, United Gun Group said there were actually two auctions running simultaneously – one for the public and another for "pre-qualified bidders." Results of the alleged non-public auction haven't been released.

More money the better just to stick it in the face of all those who hate.
AnneBoleyn

gunbroker.com

Post by AnneBoleyn »

The one who hates is You.
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

Manners, children. No punching in the playground.

My bid appears to have been too low to win, even when the spoof bids get taken off the top.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1496043 wrote: The one who hates is You.

I do have hate for bigots and those who lie for personal gain. Really despicable when they do know it may cause an innocent man to spend the rest of his life in prison. Continue to use and expand lies for a political advantage. Not to mention those who make death threats.

Cowards all.

Gun auction winner to be notified 'immediately'
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

tude dog;1496049 wrote: Gun auction winner to be notified 'immediately'What that means is the list gets processed high to low until someone sends the money they offered.
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

Mr Zimmnerman has now described gunbroker.com as "Nazi loving liberal liars". How he justifies the "liberal" bit I have no idea.

Gun that killed Trayvon Martin 'makes $250,000 for Zimmerman' - BBC News
LarsMac

gunbroker.com

Post by LarsMac »

So the gun sold for 250K USD.

Interesting. Wonder how long that will last him.

I will be happy when the whole matter has passed on, never to be brought up by the media again.

Two idiots on a collision course, and the one with the gun survived. Isn't that one of the ages-old basic plots?
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

gunbroker.com

Post by FourPart »

It puts me in mind of one of those old "Tales of the Unexpected" / "Tales From The Crypt" / "Twilight Zone" stories about a gun that had some particularly murderous history of having previously belonged to notorious gangsters, which then went on to take the owners under its evil control, where the spirit trapped within the gun would dominate the owner to commit further dastardly crimes.
spot

gunbroker.com

Post by spot »

Just as well my bid was too low then.
tude dog

gunbroker.com

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1496147 wrote: So the gun sold for 250K USD.

Interesting.

Wonder how long that will last him.

I will be happy when the whole matter has passed on, never to be brought up by the media again.

No your don't. You want to know how George spends his money

LarsMac;1496147 wrote: Two idiots on a collision course, and the one with the gun survived. Isn't that one of the ages-old basic plots?

The good guy is not murdered by the bad guy. Persecuted by a mob motivated by prejudice ready to tear down the jail for an old fashioned hang tie party.

Return to “Current Events”