Tubman on the $20 bill

tude dog

Tubman on the $20 bill

Post by tude dog »

Someday we will be over the firsts of this or that then maybe we will learn to just judge people by their merits other than making a mark in the history books.

It was first suggested that Alexander Hamilton be removed from the Ten dollar bill. To me, the replacement would have to jump a high bar.

Well, Arriet Tubman

is on the road to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20.

I could find no more fitting change in our currency.

It gives me joy to hear from the Trumped who historically shares some of Jackosn's less honorable traits.

Trump: Tubman on the $20 bill is 'pure political correctness'

(CNN)Donald Trump thinks anti-slavery icon Harriet Tubman is "fantastic" -- but he says the move to have her replace seventh president Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill is "pure political correctness."

Harriet Tubman will be face of $20

Harriet Tubman will be face of $20 02:04

"Well, Andrew Jackson had a great history, and I think it's very rough when you take somebody off the bill," Trump said during a town hall on the "Today" show on NBC Thursday morning. "I think Harriet Tubman is fantastic, but I would love to leave Andrew Jackson or see if we can maybe come up with another denomination."

Trump suggested -- as Ben Carson also has -- that Tubman be put on the $2 bill, which is no longer printed.

Coming from a guy who most likey never cracked a History book or held a $2 dollar bill in his hand.

For the Firebrand Ann. Maybe Pesach made me so enthusiastic.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
flopstock

Tubman on the $20 bill

Post by flopstock »

No big uproar over the announcement among my co- workers. Then again, I don't remember being consulted on any of the other bills. I think they so a vote for stamps from time to time.

If they had asked, I would have voted to put her on the $25 bill.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AnneBoleyn

Tubman on the $20 bill

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Happy Passover tude. :-)
LarsMac

Tubman on the $20 bill

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1494872 wrote: No big uproar over the announcement among my co- workers. Then again, I don't remember being consulted on any of the other bills. I think they so a vote for stamps from time to time.

If they had asked, I would have voted to put her on the $25 bill.
I remember when they did the survey for the choices.

I voted for Mankiller, myself. My niece threatened to dis-own me if I didn't.

They can change the faces on the bills all they want, for all I care. Long as the numbers on the corner don't Change, I'm good with it.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Events”