The state joins in McCullough’s request to set aside his conviction

spot

Post by spot »

Jack D. McCullough falsely convicted in 1957 murder of Sycamore girl, state's attorney says | Northwest Herald

I recall following the tale when this chap was found guilty and it seemed a very unsafe verdict at the time - unsafe enough that I put a Google alert against his name to see what happened next.

I hope it's not just swept under the carpet.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Charges dismissed against Jack McCullough in '57 slaying of Sycamore girl - Chicago Tribune
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Has anyone paid passing attention to this?

Jack McCullough was freed, then he went back to the judge and asked not merely for the case to be dismissed but for a court certification of innocence, and he got that too.

Now he's trying to get a response from those who selectively withheld relevant documentary alibi evidence at the trial.

Jack McCullough sues police, prosecutors, Sycamore, DeKalb County | Daily Chronicle

Return to “Current Events”