Vandalism

spot

Vandalism

Post by spot »

Tintagel Castle Merlin carving sparks 'Disneyfication' row - BBC News

I'd rather see spray-paint obscenity, at least it would wash off over a few years.

That dreadful carving was commissioned by English Heritage.

Why on earth do they think they exist. Whoever signed up for the idea should have the thing permanently tattooed on their foreheads as a reminder never to be so insensitive again. The remit of English Heritage is to protect, not destroy.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Vandalism

Post by gmc »

Haven't been to Cornwall for years quite fancy a visit to dorset as well.

Course everybody now knows arthur was probably a borders based warlord
AnneBoleyn

Vandalism

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Outrageous!
Bryn Mawr

Vandalism

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Totally agree - how did we sink so low?
FourPart

Vandalism

Post by FourPart »

How big a bung was made in order to permit it?
spot

Vandalism

Post by spot »

Perhaps English Heritage can describe in detail how they intend to hide this eyesore for the next century now that it's shattered, and whether they had a fallback plan to deal with this outcome. They could go on to describe how many of their Trustees will resign as an apology to the nation. Which of this lot signed off on the project?

The interference done to this site by English Heritage in an attempt to promote tourism was permanent and it never, as in never ever, should have been. They have an absolute overriding duty to conserve.

Tintagel's Merlin carving suffers nose damage - BBC News

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Events”