Sharm el-Sheikh

spot

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by spot »

Not a good week for the kleptocrat Pharaoh. The British government is being severely unkind during his London sleepover. I wonder what he's done to annoy them. Every rug has been pulled out from under his feet since he left Cairo.

Islamic State, much like the Taliban in years gone by, is a tool of US foreign policy. If the Americans use them to bring down a Russian airliner, well, it wouldn't be the first time they've brought down a civilian airliner. Presumably, with their preference for win-win, they have some advantage to be gained by slapping General Air Chief Marshall Sisi at the same time. I've no idea what it is, but a fair bet is that Sisi has annoyed either the Israelis or the House of Saud. If you want to retire with your syphoned billion, General, you'd better mend your fences with the Exceptional Nations.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Your OP is a Rant, nothing more. I'm disregarding it.
spot

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by spot »

If you can find one statement that I can't substantiate, call me Pinocchio.

Which phrase would you like to focus on. Kleptocrat Pharaoh? Much like the Taliban in years gone by? Tool of US foreign policy? Wouldn't be the first time they've brought down a civilian airliner? Exceptional Nations? British government being severely unkind?

All the phrases individually are supported by evidence. Perhaps it's only a rant if they all get strung together in association in one post. Is that the problem? Putting it into one post?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Just lay it out like there's participation, spot. You're not going to get any feedback as all the American patriots have left.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

Right. The Americans are behind everything.

That's the European Atheist version of "The Devil made them do it."

Spot would fit right in with "truthbringer" or whatever his name was.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1488967 wrote: Right. The Americans are behind everything.
Ah. A chance to progress, perhaps.

I haven't said "the Americans are behind everything". I've said two things.

Firstly, that Islamic State is a tool of US foreign policy. They have a lot of money, Islamic State, much of it from selling $20m a month of oil from wells which the US refused for a year to forcibly close down. The week after Russia started bombing and took out the key IS transport bridge, preventing further IS oil sales, the US air force closed down the Islamic State wells and - oh what a coincidence - obliterated evidence of who was keeping them running at the same time. That was a quarter of a billion dollars of funding for the year it operated, that's real money, it's practically a quarter of a General Air Marshall's pension fund.

Surely you're not going to go anywhere near "it wouldn't be the first time they've brought down a civilian airliner", are you? Or "much like the Taliban in years gone by"?

Come on, point to what you object to. Be detailed.

The Russian airliner didn't fall out of the sky without help from someone.
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Looks like we drew one in anyway.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by spot »

I'm waiting to see someone put their hand on their heart in this thread and swear they believe Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is taking his allotted Presidential salary and no more. That he's not, to be blunt, salting away as much of Egypt's gross domestic product into Swiss accounts and gold bars as can be managed without actually bankrupting the country or embarrassing his owners. Because that's exactly what the previous US stooge, Hosni Mubarak, did for thirty years.

That bit was the "Kleptocrat". The "Pharaoh" bit is the lack of democratic legitimacy, he having staged coup d'état in order to gain control of the secret police and the torturers and the other aspects of Egyptian bureaucracy which allow the possessor to thieve with impunity.
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

Putting all those words together into grammatically correct sentences that are devoid of any intelligible and meaningful thought is a remarkable skill.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Sorry, spot, I tried, but the funniest thing happens whenever I place my hand over my heart - I begin to recite the cub-scout's pledge. It scared the daylights out of me so I had to stop.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

TD is replying. This should be entertaining.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Yup! Nothing!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I liked it.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Liked what? All I see is a blank post.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1489002 wrote: Liked what? All I see is a blank post.

Bummer for you.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Probably sucked anyway, knowing you two.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Bruv »

spot;1488959 wrote: If you can find one statement that I can't substantiate, call me Pinocchio......................................................All the phrases individually are supported by evidence.

It is the progression of the 'facts' leading to the result given that I find amusing........or that might be bemusing ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1489006 wrote: Probably sucked anyway, knowing you two.

Here's the link.

PALAVER
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1489015 wrote: Here's the link.

PALAVER

I wouldn't bother. He won't get it, anyway.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1488965 wrote: Just lay it out like there's participation, spot. You're not going to get any feedback as all the American patriots have left.

Who you calling patriotit? Some things are just not worth the hassle, like dealing with anger & misinformation & puppets who pray to be real boys.
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1489038 wrote: Who you calling patriotit? Some things are just not worth the hassle, like dealing with anger & misinformation & puppets who pray to be real boys.You constantly misinterpret people's intent. spot is not an angry person as much as a person who cares for his larger community. You might not be capable of understanding his perspective and that's fine. Just don't participate in the thread if you're going to do it angrily yourself.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1489041 wrote: You constantly misinterpret people's intent. spot is not an angry person as much as a person who cares for his larger community. You might not be capable of understanding his perspective and that's fine. Just don't participate in the thread if you're going to do it angrily yourself.

You're just out to kick sand in everybody's supper, to day, ain't ya?
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1489043 wrote: You're just out to kick sand in everybody's supper, to day, ain't ya?

I noticed too, but just didn't fancy taking the bait.

And even now I shan't respond beyond this.
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

It's been a slow day at work for me.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1489043 wrote: You're just out to kick sand in everybody's supper, to day, ain't ya?

At least he's not chucking sh1t around! (Though he does come out with a fair bit)
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
AnneBoleyn

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1489041 wrote: You constantly misinterpret people's intent. spot is not an angry person as much as a person who cares for his larger community. You might not be capable of understanding his perspective and that's fine. Just don't participate in the thread if you're going to do it angrily yourself.

Don't tell me what i constantly do. Don't tell me what I think, how I am, what I understand. You don't have a clue, big mouth.
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1489052 wrote: Don't tell me what i constantly do. Don't tell me what I think, how I am, what I understand. You don't have a clue, big mouth. Don't do it then.

It's a two-way street, get used to it, and, be aware of oncoming traffic. Drive courteously.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Bruv;1489046 wrote: I noticed too, but just didn't fancy taking the bait.

And even now I shan't respond beyond this.Oh......stop............you just have trouble keeping up............................ Can you count backwards?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Bruv »

Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

I'm afraid spot might have either died or fell asleep and his nose is resting on a key - he's been modifying his post since yesterday.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Sorry ya'll, I don't have flash installed on my browser, so I'm not seeing your videos. Looks like you'll need to actually communicate via the written language, as difficult that might be for some of you.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1489043 wrote: You're just out to kick sand in everybody's supper, to day, ain't ya?Actually, everything I typed yesterday was directly on point and perfect. That's a fact. Every word true.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1489081 wrote: Don't do it then.

It's a two-way street, get used to it, and, be aware of oncoming traffic. Drive courteously.

Blast from the Past---Accountable always saying how you consistently stuck your nose up spot's ass, otherwise known as brown-nosing. Constantly trying to protect & defend him, trying to get him to notice you, pay attention to you, be thankful for your protection. A Man Crush.

Don't do it then. You're feeling mighty Grandiose. Can't figure out why. Your life doesn't seem to reflect your Genius. A legend in your own mind, Ahso. But don't stop on my account. I actually enjoy your company. Go figure.
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1489093 wrote: Actually, everything I typed yesterday was directly on point and perfect. That's a fact. Every word true.

Are you channeling Spot today?
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

Actually, that was Oscar and Snooze who said stuff like that. I do know spot a fair bit better than you do, and I do consider him a friend, and I do tend to stand with my friends provided, and get this part, provided they account themselves with integrity. I'd do the same for you if you were spot. :)

I don't need anyone to notice me and I hardly spend time at this forum. You're upset, and I get that. Relax and return when you're not feeling attacked.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1489098 wrote: Are you channeling Spot today?Yes, I'm currently visiting Shirley MacClaine on her tree branch.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1489099 wrote:

I don't need anyone to notice me and I hardly spend time at this forum. You're upset, and I get that. Relax and return when you're not feeling attacked.

You know nothing, yet you think you know all. You're upset, and I get that. Relax and return when you're not feeling attacked.
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1489099 wrote: Actually, that was Oscar and Snooze who said stuff like that. I do know spot a fair bit better than you do, and I do consider him a friend, and I do tend to stand with my friends provided, and get this part, provided they account themselves with integrity. I'd do the same for you if you were spot. :)

Well, if it makes you feel better to think you are upsetting us, then fine. I am upset. I am positively frantic with the idea that you have got my goat.

Are you happy, now? Can I have my goat back?
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1489105 wrote: Well, if it makes you feel better to think you are upsetting us, then fine. I am upset. I am positively frantic with the idea that you have got my goat.

Are you happy, now? Can I have my goat back?

You can have my 3 Billy goats......Belay that; I've already fed 'em to Ahso!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1489105 wrote: Well, if it makes you feel better to think you are upsetting us, then fine. I am upset. I am positively frantic with the idea that you have got my goat.

Are you happy, now? Can I have my goat back?That's a rather strange post as a reply to my post to a different member. Unless you keep a mouse in your pocket, there is no "we".

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1489099 wrote: Actually, that was Oscar and Snooze who said stuff like that. I do know spot a fair bit better than you do, and I do consider him a friend, and I do tend to stand with my friends provided, and get this part, provided they account themselves with integrity. I'd do the same for you if you were spot. :)

Now how would you know how well spot & I know each other, whether well or not at all? You may consider him your friend, but I wonder (not very much) what on earth he considers You, if at all.

and ps, I have a pm from Accountable, a few in fact which I would not release, complaining of you & saying you beg spot's attention. He may read here once in awhile & if he sees this let him tell you himself.
Bruv

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Bruv »

And with that,let's get back to Sharm el-Sheikh.........................

Funny how this thread has..........meandered into personalities............and I am wondering how much these sort of differences on a global scale influence such situations.
AnneBoleyn

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1489134 wrote: And with that,let's get back to Sharm el-Sheikh.........................

Funny how this thread has..........meandered into personalities............and I am wondering how much these sort of differences on a global scale influence such situations.

Excellent! Microcosm/Macrocosm. We are all human beings with frailties that we bring with us into every situation, including politics, government, policies, everything. Wonderful point, Bruv.
Ahso!

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1489130 wrote: Now how would you know how well spot & I know each other, whether well or not at all? You may consider him your friend, but I wonder (not very much) what on earth he considers You, if at all.

and ps, I have a pm from Accountable, a few in fact which I would not release, complaining of you & saying you beg spot's attention. He may read here once in awhile & if he sees this let him tell you himself.Yeah, Accusable became angry with me when I rebuffed his Ron Paul crusade and his SHA crusade. He and I hung out on a couple of forums together for awhile.

I'm not surprised at the backbiting, that was his makeup.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Betty Boop

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Betty Boop »

Can we stop now, 'he said', 'she said' has nothing to do the thread.

I can't see your topic getting any cooler at present so maybe it's time to sit on your hands ?
tude dog

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1489086 wrote:

I liked that.
Bruv

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by Bruv »

Ahso!;1489142 wrote: Yeah, Accusable became angry with me when I rebuffed his Ron Paul crusade and his SHA crusade. He and I hung out on a couple of forums together for awhile.

I'm not surprised at the backbiting, that was his makeup.

Yeah!! That sort of thing......long term memory of past conflict......mind.......in that region 'conflict' involves spilt blood and not some 'virtual' assault on the ego's involved.
spot

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by spot »

That ghastly thief in charge of Egypt is still feathering his nest, I see.

Egypt's parliament has approved constitutional amendments that would allow President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi to stay in power until 2030.

Mr Sisi is due to stand down in 2022, when his second four-year term ends.

But the amendments, which must be put to a referendum within 30 days, would lengthen his current term to six years and allow him to stand for one more.

MPs are also expected to enshrine the military's role in politics and give Mr Sisi more power over the judiciary.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-47947035

To quote myself from four years ago, "I'm waiting to see someone put their hand on their heart in this thread and swear they believe Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is taking his allotted Presidential salary and no more."
LarsMac

Sharm el-Sheikh

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1522900 wrote: That ghastly thief in charge of Egypt is still feathering his nest, I see.

To quote myself from four years ago, "I'm waiting to see someone put their hand on their heart in this thread and swear they believe Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is taking his allotted Presidential salary and no more."

Hmmm. A politician lining his/her pockets? Damn, I never heard of THAT before.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Events”