About darned time!

spot

About darned time!

Post by spot »

flopstock;1479096 wrote: No, a white guy trashing black women. Or anything but a white man, come to think of it.

Get back in your kitchen, woman, and don't speak until you're spoken to.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

About darned time!

Post by flopstock »

spot;1479097 wrote: Get back in your kitchen, woman, and don't speak until you're spoken to.

YOU crack me up!!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

About darned time!

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1479096 wrote: No, a white guy trashing black women. Or anything but a white man, come to think of it.

It's been done. and it usually never ends well. At least not in the last 30-40 years.

Now back when I was a kid, I remember all sorts white guys talking crap about other types of people, and getting away with it.

I hope those times are changing, but I fear not, lately.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

About darned time!

Post by LarsMac »

Well, Guess I won't get that discount, after all.

Eatery Drops Criticized Plan to Give White Diners a Discount - ABC News
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

About darned time!

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1479118 wrote: Well, Guess I won't get that discount, after all.

Very successful advertising campaign then ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

About darned time!

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1479118 wrote: Well, Guess I won't get that discount, after all.

Yes you will. It says he's giving it to everyone!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

About darned time!

Post by Snooz »

AnneBoleyn;1479079 wrote: You are welcome, and you make it so easy. Thanks.

And once again you remind me of one of the reasons I stopped visiting here.
spot

About darned time!

Post by spot »

Snooz;1479126 wrote: And once again you remind me of one of the reasons I stopped visiting here.

Some of us think you're the best poster on the site, when you drop in.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

About darned time!

Post by FourPart »

AnneBoleyn;1479078 wrote: How about a Human Appreciation Day?

How dare you !! That's Speciesist !!
Snooz

About darned time!

Post by Snooz »

Pretend I'm the parrot.

LarsMac

About darned time!

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1479123 wrote: Yes you will. It says he's giving it to everyone!

Where's the fun in that.

Now I'd just be giving in to his rather obvious yet clever advertising scheme.
- DH Lawrence
spot

About darned time!

Post by spot »

It wouldn't be illegal for a whole town, say, to offer half-price at hotels and restaurants for everyone from out of State. That might bring in a lot of money from an increased tourist trade. The usual reaction to seeing tourists is to double all the prices for them, so the difference would be very apparent. I can think of pubs and cafes where I've been charged double the local rate by staff who think it's standard policy.
flopstock

About darned time!

Post by flopstock »

spot;1479143 wrote: It wouldn't be illegal for a whole town, say, to offer half-price at hotels and restaurants for everyone from out of State. That might bring in a lot of money from an increased tourist trade. The usual reaction to seeing tourists is to double all the prices for them, so the difference would be very apparent. I can think of pubs and cafes where I've been charged double the local rate by staff who think it's standard policy.
Menus without pricing? You must go to the fancy places.

spot

About darned time!

Post by spot »

flopstock;1479152 wrote: Menus without pricing? You must go to the fancy places.

They keep two sets of menus, one for locals and one for the outsiders, and the pubs have outsider prices on the walls and the locals just pay what they're asked for.
flopstock

About darned time!

Post by flopstock »

Snooz;1479126 wrote: And once again you remind me of one of the reasons I stopped visiting here.
But 99.9 % of the time I enjoy reading you, even when I disagree with you.

ZAP

About darned time!

Post by ZAP »

ZAP;1479060 wrote: Yeah but, yeah but! What about me? I have blonde hair, (albeit dyed red hair,) blue eyes and my great grandma was Cherokee on the Trail of Tears, forced out of her homeland by all of the above. What kind of a discount do I get?

I've been waiting a year and a half and still no discount? I might add that my Great Granny didn't get to ride on or row in a boat--she had to walk all the way from Georgia to Oklahoma, all because gold was discovered on nearby lands and the white government wanted it. 'Course they had some blacks and other "non-whites" living amongst them so I guess they marched too. I think I should get some Indian Flatbread or Navajo Fry Bread or some kind of bread. I'm going to picket.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=n ... oo_pc_mail

Return to “Current Events”