What do you think will help humanity to grow?

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Well I think one thing we would have to do is know our problems, even list them; and then go to work on that list. In example:

1. Selfishness

2 .lying

3. violence

4. creating false images

5. spreading confusion

6. misleading others

7. perverted lust for things

Of course one can make the list as long as you need it to be, but I bet a list exist , if we are to truly define ourselves. If you need a list in your research, just find a group of humans; and it does not matter what those humans believe in or don't believe in, you'll have your list. Rather than deal with my list, which has no group, I would like to examine a group, and I am open for suggestions.

Suggestions for a group should include a willingness to be examined, or a rep. who stands by them. The goal of the thread is the growth of humanity, and what will help that.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Growing away from the toxic cancer that is religion. Every time we make progress) it is the religious that drag us back and that have resisted progress by every means at their disopsal. -christianity rules in europe we have the dark ages, religion/christianity/islam gets questioned/ challenged we see the start of the enlightenment, scientific progress and the beginnings of challenges to authority. The concept of human rights and in particular the equality of women owe nothing to religion eve's curse lives on and so pervades our culture most people are unaware where the prejudice comes from.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I agree that the list defined there is definitely what humanity needs. It also happens to be that every single one of them is breached by by the existence of Religions - Christianity in particular.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

4), 5), and 6)?....... really?

Expand on those notions, what do you mean by those ?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
minks

Post by minks »

education and tolerance

Lets face it everybody is different for different reasons, so learn about them and maybe with knowing more about those whom one wishes to judge and hate one will gain a greater tolerance.

the human race is fickle and stupid, and we can't seem to learn from our past mistakes.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

magentaflame;1512699 wrote: 4), 5), and 6)?....... really?

Expand on those notions, what do you mean by those ?

" Those" were just examples , please , create your own and expand on what you think.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

minks;1512700 wrote: education and tolerance

Lets face it everybody is different for different reasons, so learn about them and maybe with knowing more about those whom one wishes to judge and hate one will gain a greater tolerance.

the human race is fickle and stupid, and we can't seem to learn from our past mistakes.

Interesting post; to " Learn " has importance in your conscious awareness ; how do you think we learned to be fickle and stupid?
readingsbyrachel

Post by readingsbyrachel »

Nice Post, and I agree that the list.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Once again I see the same old same old. No matter the faith some tar them all with the same brush in their own ignorance. There are branches of all faiths that simply do not fit the reality. In most cases I read about religions posted by some who do not know what they are objecting to. Of coursed some just want to vent for the sake of venting or in an effort to hurt others. Nice people!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Humanity needs little help growing. it's like Kudzu in the South.

What humanity needs help with is becoming something useful to the Universe.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ted

Post by Ted »

LarsMac I like that and agree.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I wonder if Catholics are still trying to help humanity and its salvation? Are they tired of helping humanity?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1517116 wrote: I wonder if Catholics are still trying to help humanity and its salvation? Are they tired of helping humanity?

Well, I know a number of Catholics.

Most of them are determined to help people when they are able.

As for helping humanity, they seem to be happy with leaving that to the Church.

The new Pope can deal with the big stuff.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ted

Post by Ted »

All decent people of faith make every effort to help where help is needed and that includes all of the great faiths. All decent people of no faith also engage in helping.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1517121 wrote: All decent people of faith make every effort to help where help is needed and that includes all of the great faiths. All decent people of no faith also engage in helping.

I wonder if they have forgotten how to help someone?
minks

Post by minks »

forgot? or just gave up caring?

I think people do not care for a number or reasons.

1) they were not taught how to care

2) they cared but were taken advantage of so stopped caring

3) found they got nothing in return so stopped caring

4) carry an attitude that may or may not be influenced by mental illness issues, that caring is beneath them.

5) are so hardened by horrible things in their lives that they have no room for caring.

Maybe some of these overlap each other but I think caring still exists, it is just "less publicized"

Humans prefer a horror story over a good deeds story it seems these days.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Ted

Post by Ted »

Michiel I'm not sure how to respond here but will try. I do not deny that you have made some valid points. However I still think many do care simply because it is the right thing to do. I have been a servant most of my life and being able to help someone is all the pay I need. Knowing that I have helped is my reward.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Mickiel;1512658 wrote: Well I think one thing we would have to do is know our problems, even list them; and then go to work on that list. In example:

1. Selfishness

2 .lying

3. violence

4. creating false images

5. spreading confusion

6. misleading others

7. perverted lust for things

Of course one can make the list as long as you need it to be, but I bet a list exist , if we are to truly define ourselves. If you need a list in your research, just find a group of humans; and it does not matter what those humans believe in or don't believe in, you'll have your list. Rather than deal with my list, which has no group, I would like to examine a group, and I am open for suggestions.

Suggestions for a group should include a willingness to be examined, or a rep. who stands by them. The goal of the thread is the growth of humanity, and what will help that.

All seven listed contributed to the advancement of humanity.

I would add the all the shall not in the Bible and modern University moral/ethics classes.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1517203 wrote: Michiel I'm not sure how to respond here but will try. I do not deny that you have made some valid points. However I still think many do care simply because it is the right thing to do. I have been a servant most of my life and being able to help someone is all the pay I need. Knowing that I have helped is my reward.

Right on for the light.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”