The fear of this site being religious

Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Ahso!;1511588 wrote: What do you get from it?

Aside from a good laugh and daily comedy obviously..
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1511588 wrote: And why do you prefer that? What do you get from it?

Other than the opportunity to try and understand the mindset since I have to deal with people like them in real life all the time,

Entertainment.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

LarsMac;1511590 wrote: Other than the opportunity to try and understand the mindset since I have to deal with people like them in real life all the time

Good point.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1511590 wrote: Other than the opportunity to try and understand the mindset since I have to deal with people like them in real life all the time,

Entertainment.

Can't get enough delusion? That's interesting.

You know how responsible parents caution their kids with reason - you are who you hang with. bs in - bs out.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1511605 wrote: Can't get enough delusion? That's interesting.

You know how responsible parents caution their kids with reason - you are who you hang with. bs in - bs out.

Sometimes, you are just stuck with some people due to circumstances. It helps to know where they are coming from.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1511617 wrote: Sometimes, you are just stuck with some people due to circumstances. It helps to know where they are coming from.Priceless!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Saint_;1511578 wrote: Actually, Pahu really believes everything he says.They all do in that regard. They all are dedicated delusional christians who think their clever manipulations are revelations from their invisible friend whispering in their ear.

The difference with Pahu is that he's doing it methodically with bs websites that I've witnessed updated to make changes immediately after being completely humiliated on other forums.

Pahu's Evolution thread is genuine bs and he knows it. He's just using it for indexing purposes.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1511622 wrote: They all do in that regard. They all are dedicated delusional christians who think their clever manipulations are revelations from their invisible friend whispering in their ear.

The difference with Pahu is that he's doing it methodically with bs websites that I've witnessed updated to make changes immediately after being completely humiliated on other forums.

Pahu's Evolution thread is genuine bs and he knows it. He's just using it for indexing purposes.

People who believe their own bs are the most interesting, I think. And that is not limited to Christians.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1511605 wrote: Can't get enough delusion? That's interesting.

This is interesting as well;

http://www./breitba50rt.com/national-se ... hree-years
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1511627 wrote: This is interesting as well;

http://www./breitba50rt.com/national-se ... hree-years

I've little use for anything from Breitbart
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1511635 wrote: I've little use for anything from Breitbart

Neither do I, but I like truth where ever it emerges.

I am not limited in my learning.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1511640 wrote: Neither do I, but I like truth where ever it emerges.

I am not limited in my learning.

I question the veracity of the "truth" that comes from unreliable sources.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1511641 wrote: I question the veracity of the "truth" that comes from unreliable sources.

Well so do I, yet I understand that truth is sprinkled everywhere, in many forms on this earth. I like it where ever I find it. I was banned today from a forum that only discusses what one man taught; I disagreed with that and they got rid of me.

It is how it is.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel we may not always agree but I've had the same experience of being banned for presenting an alternative truth. That is not like alternative news.LOL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1511668 wrote: Mickiel we may not always agree but I've had the same experience of being banned for presenting an alternative truth. That is not like alternative news.LOL

Right, its like a cold blooded thing to do to a person who is just sharing their point of view.

Peace
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel I've ben damned, sworn at, belittled and others on sites. It has never been an atheist but almost always a so called fundamentalist Christian. Go figure. They need so badly to be right they put others down.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1511692 wrote: Mickiel I've ben damned, sworn at, belittled and others on sites. It has never been an atheist but almost always a so called fundamentalist Christian. Go figure. They need so badly to be right they put others down.

Same here; I believe if they could have found a stake, they would have burnt me at it.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Probably LOL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1511707 wrote: Probably LOL

The fear of what one can speak out on, can get you killed. White nationalist have shown this. Those jokers will kill you.
Ted

Post by Ted »

The are indeed a sick bunch. Neither do they know history.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1511828 wrote: The are indeed a sick bunch. Neither do they know history.

I agree, its as if they want history to disappear ; president Trump has this sickness. We are in serious trouble.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Yes absolutely.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1511856 wrote: Yes absolutely.

Some sites have a definite message that they are putting out, other sites have no joint message , they allow anyone who is not disruptive , to put out whatever message of reason, or simply their opinions on anything. Opinions on religion bring with them a reputation of disruption-- perhaps even a fear. Breitbart is one of those sites that bring with it a type of disruption. Disruption to some is a smear, to others its the beginning of knowledge. There is obviously a fear in a site that has no hardcore views, to be branded as having one that they don't agree with. And I understand that.

Atheism brings with it just as much disruption as Theism does. If you think not, then explain to me why.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1511872 wrote: Some sites have a definite message that they are putting out, other sites have no joint message , they allow anyone who is not disruptive , to put out whatever message of reason, or simply their opinions on anything. Opinions on religion bring with them a reputation of disruption-- perhaps even a fear. Breitbart is one of those sites that bring with it a type of disruption. Disruption to some is a smear, to others its the beginning of knowledge. There is obviously a fear in a site that has no hardcore views, to be branded as having one that they don't agree with. And I understand that.

Atheism brings with it just as much disruption as Theism does. If you think not, then explain to me why.

It is up to the one making a claim to produce evidence for that claim. .

You're the one making the claim you produce the evidence.
Ted

Post by Ted »

There is no physical evidence for the ineffable. The evidence is individuial and their experience.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1511882 wrote: It is up to the one making a claim to produce evidence for that claim. .

You're the one making the claim you produce the evidence.

No matter which side makes the claim first , they both are faced with the same dilemma, an opposition that will take you through a maze of nonsense, just to keep you from simple truths. Truths that cover both sides, but do both sides want that kind of unity? Can men exist without women?

Can Atheist exist without Theist?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Ted;1511888 wrote: There is no physical evidence for the ineffable. The evidence is individuial and their experience.

In which case it is not real for anyone else it does not exist for anyone else.

No matter which side makes the claim first , they both are faced with the same dilemma, an opposition that will take you through a maze of nonsense, just to keep you from simple truths. Truths that cover both sides, but do both sides want that kind of unity? Can men exist without women?

Can Atheist exist without Theist?

What utter nonsense. If you make a claim that something exists it is up to you to back up your claim.

An atheist is someone who does not believe there is sufficient proof to believe in god. It is up to you to prove his or her existence if that is your claim not for an atheist to prove he doesn't. I have never seen or heard anytghing to convince me thre is a god someone gibbering that they have had a spritual experience might make it rteal for them but n ot for anyone else.

Try and follow this example. eg. There are blue people living at the end of my street. It is up to me to back up that claim the fact that you cannot disprove their existence does not mean that they must therefore exist - get it?
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel I most firmly believe in the reality of God. I think He/she/It is beyond existence. The spirit of God is very much present.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1511909 wrote: Mickiel I most firmly believe in the reality of God. I think He/she/It is beyond existence. The spirit of God is very much present.

Well belief in God is also self isolating, because God is self isolating at this time. So much of our thoughts about God are considered " Dark Thinking." It then falls to who will be willing to think deeply with you. But most won't, because they fear getting drowned in such pulsating and weighty knowledge.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I don't know how you can say that. God is beyond human language. We do not have the language with which to define or describe God.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1511922 wrote: I don't know how you can say that. God is beyond human language. We do not have the language with which to define or describe God.

Well your right, we certainly don't have the understanding to explain God; Job 36:26, " God is great, we know him not!" He is beyond what we have, so we are reduced to using what we have; which is at best like searching for the needle in the haystack. I mean its straining and confusing, but we can only do, what we can do. Really the moral of the story is still this; God is totally in control, and many humans just don't like that because we like being in control. So we mess up an already hardcore reality.

I think this is what God wanted, I mean he knows; he knows how weak and fragile we all are. He knows. And he does not make mistakes. We are born in sin and evil, we were pre pardoned from this before we were born, literally given eternal life, but it had to be played out like God wanted it to, and Jesus sacrifice was the climax to the play. A stunning way for God to expose us all to sin and evil, but he took care of this incredible opening of our weak understanding, but he allowed us to see the results of living in sin, but did not let sin affect our future with him; a stunning thing for him to do! I truly wish I understood it all.

The way God did this, we really do not need to understand him; this way we do not need to describe him, but Gal. 5:22-23 is the best description of God that I have ever read. In my view, my personal guess, these fruit of the Spirit are the ways and means of God!
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel I do not believe that God controls every thing. I do not accept the concept of original sin t. That was a curse that Augustine foisted on us. If God is so in control how come millions are nearly starving to dealth around the world. He/She/It doesnt care! I do not accept that from the God who promotes justice and compassion.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1511971 wrote: Mickiel I do not believe that God controls every thing. I do not accept the concept of original sin t. That was a curse that Augustine foisted on us. If God is so in control how come millions are nearly starving to dealth around the world. He/She/It doesnt care! I do not accept that from the God who promotes justice and compassion.

They starve because its God's will. Listen, if something happens that God " Does not want to happen;" then by default that something would be more powerful than God! One must think deeper than we do. If God did NOT want the people to starve, but the people are starving, then whatever is causing them to starve, would then be more powerful than God. Can you see this?
Ted

Post by Ted »

No I cannot. It begs the question of what kind of God do you worship. One who willynilly decides that many need to suffer needlesly and die a horrible death. This is the God who is love? Thanks but I'll find another one thanks. That is a God of love t? We do not see that in Jesus of Nazareth. And This Jesus has become the norm of the Bible. This man, the word made flesh, trumps all written words. And yes he trumps the Bible which is a very human construction. With the kind of God you are proposing makes him into one who has a personality disorder.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1512069 wrote: No I cannot. It begs the question of what kind of God do you worship. One who willynilly decides that many need to suffer needlesly and die a horrible death. This is the God who is love? Thanks but I'll find another one thanks. That is a God of love t? We do not see that in Jesus of Nazareth. And This Jesus has become the norm of the Bible. This man, the word made flesh, trumps all written words. And yes he trumps the Bible which is a very human construction. With the kind of God you are proposing makes him into one who has a personality disorder.

What God you worship is up to you, and Jesus does not trump all words in the bible, God does. And God is going to kill millions more humans before he is done with the killing.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel and Jesus himself is reported to have said all authority in heaven and on earth is given to me. So yes Jesus trumps even the Bible.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1512107 wrote: Mickiel and Jesus himself is reported to have said all authority in heaven and on earth is given to me. So yes Jesus trumps even the Bible.

I have no authority , I speak only for myself. You have a lot more pull here than I do; I walk alone in my view.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Theologically Jesus being the Son of God and the one on whome all authority is given does trump the Bible.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1512158 wrote: Theologically Jesus being the Son of God and the one on whome all authority is given does trump the Bible.

It does in one sense, but really Jesus and the bible are the same, one is the written word, the other the living word.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I cannot go along with that. The historical Jesus or the pre-Easter Jesus was in fact a very profound humanbeing. The post-Easter Jesus is what Jesus became after the crucifixion. His spirit lived and lives on.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1512165 wrote: I cannot go along with that. The historical Jesus or the pre-Easter Jesus was in fact a very profound humanbeing. The post-Easter Jesus is what Jesus became after the crucifixion. His spirit lived and lives on.

The Historical Jesus , and the Post Easter Jesus are the same.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I do not believe so. The historical Jesus was murdered by the Romans. The post-Easter Jesus is what the historical jesus became after his death.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1512200 wrote: I do not believe so. The historical Jesus was murdered by the Romans. The post-Easter Jesus is what the historical jesus became after his death.

I hold no reasons to believe in a Easter Jesus; Easter is of no importance to me.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1512304 wrote: I hold no reasons to believe in a Easter Jesus; Easter is of no importance to me.

Yet I have nothing about Easter that my rejection of it would cause me to mistreat people. That is very Important to me. I had to learn that, desire to be that way, really see the harsh error in believing things that are different from others beliefs, but learning to still respect them.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel I have a book suggestiton for you "Speaking Christian" by Marcus Borg.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1515787 wrote: Mickiel I have a book suggestiton for you "Speaking Christian" by Marcus Borg.

I'll take a look at it, could you give me a short description of it?
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel Marcus Borg and Dom Crossan are among the worlds top Jesus scholars and recognized as such. Unfortunately Marcus passed away 1.5 years ago. I've been fortunate enough to know and study under these men. In his book he looks at how many words today do not have the same meaning as they at when the Bible was being written. Meanings have changed over the centuries. For example the word "salvation" had a very different meanings in Biblical times. The meaning at the time was liberation. The Israelis after the Exodus was "God saved them. The same holds true for after the return from Babylon, God had saved them from bondage. There are but a few places in the NT where it meant entering an afterlife. For the most part it meant . The liberation from from bondage. Bondage today can mean several things such as alcoholism or drug addiction. Neither has anything to do with an afterlife. The idea of an afterlife was a later addition to Judaism. The atonement theology was not much used until 1097. So it too was a later addition to the Christian faith.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1515806 wrote: Mickiel Marcus Borg and Dom Crossan are among the worlds top Jesus scholars and recognized as such. Unfortunately Marcus passed away 1.5 years ago. I've been fortunate enough to know and study under these men. In his book he looks at how many words today do not have the same meaning as they at when the Bible was being written. Meanings have changed over the centuries. For example the word "salvation" had a very different meanings in Biblical times. The meaning at the time was liberation. The Israelis after the Exodus was "God saved them. The same holds true for after the return from Babylon, God had saved them from bondage. There are but a few places in the NT where it meant entering an afterlife. For the most part it meant . The liberation from from bondage. Bondage today can mean several things such as alcoholism or drug addiction. Neither has anything to do with an afterlife. The idea of an afterlife was a later addition to Judaism. The atonement theology was not much used until 1097. So it too was a later addition to the Christian faith.

Okay, I'll get the book because I am interested in those word changes. However, salvation can also mean being saved or set free from the bondage of sin and flesh; which is how the term can really be used to lead into an after life, or a life where no sin and flesh exist. Because that kind of freedom cannot exist in our world. So it has to mean an after life. The term can be used to support both what Marcus found, and support a meaning of new life. In fact, salvation has a greater meaning when used to support a new life free from sin. God saving us from that greater bondage.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel there are only a few cases in the NT where salvation refers to an afterlife. The rest are about liberation from bondage here on earth for many people. I do not accept the "original sin theory of Augustine. "God saw all that he had created and found it to be very good". That is original blessing. Atonement theology is for many scholars a non starter. It is a human concept. I also hear in the forum that nothing cannot come out of nothing. That is contrary to quantum theory. Atoms apparently wink in and out of existence on a regular basis.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Easter has nothing to do with Jesus in the first place. It is the feast of Oesther - Pagan Goddess of New Life. In the same way that Christmas is actually the feast of Yule - the Winter Solstice. Both of them Pagan festivals hijacked by the Romans.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”