Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

I recently watched this disturbing movie and recognize that what it portrays fairly closely what is happenings in reality right now.

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=fQa ... ht+trailer

The silence and complicity of the religious are facilitating and colluding in the future assaults on children. Silence or the acceptance of a payoff, in my opinion, is direct collusion with these religious criminals and I see the past victims of these pedophiles as now helping their own assailants create new victims by their silence.

I appreciate that going public is hard, but if victims do not come forward, I see them as helping the priests and imams that are left free to abuse other children.

There are some who will read this and know that in a real sense victims are guilty of helping the pedophile problem continue.

I would urge these victims and their families to step up and do the right thing and return the payoffs and lay charges instead so that we can rid our churches and mosques of these predatory criminals.

Do you agree that silence is just as immoral as the initial crime when victims accept payoffs from religions to buy their silence?

Regards

DL
gmc

Post by gmc »

I appreciate that going public is hard, but if victims do not come forward, I see them as helping the priests and imams that are left free to abuse other children.

There are some who will read this and know that in a real sense victims are guilty of helping the pedophile problem continue.

Life isn't that simple. It's just not that easy for a child to stand up against the religious establishment and years later people ask why they didn't say anything at the time leaving them open to allegations of catholic bashing. It's not just catholicx church either they're just one of the worst.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

gmc;1492762 wrote: Life isn't that simple. It's just not that easy for a child to stand up against the religious establishment and years later people ask why they didn't say anything at the time leaving them open to allegations of catholic bashing. It's not just catholicx church either they're just one of the worst.

I agree that it is tough to do for the child but see this as the parents leading the child to do the wrong think. If parents support the child, it makes it a lot easier on the child as he has back up.

Societies have Good Samaritan and Duty to rescue laws for good and moral reasons.

Yet most here are not recognizing the duty being ignored by not laying charges and just taking the payoff.

If I was a pedophile priest or imam, I would be smiling. I would love the idea that most people saw sex crimes against children as a form of prostitution where the price is negotiated by the parents after the crime.

Shame on those parents and shame on those that pay them off.

Regards

DL

Return to “General Religious Discussions”