The Church is dying.

Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

Attendance is down, support is down, religion vs. spirituality. In spite of the claims to the contrary the statistics show that all branches of the Christian church are failing. What is the future for Christianity?
Mickiel

The Church is dying.

Post by Mickiel »

The church is not dying, it's already dead, in my view. And its been dead for awhile now.
LarsMac

The Church is dying.

Post by LarsMac »

The Church has not died, nor is it dying.

It is simply evolving.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

The statistics by several different polls by different folks show a serious and consistent decline in all forms of the Christian church.. It's evolving??? It better evolve a lot faster then it is right now.
LarsMac

The Church is dying.

Post by LarsMac »

Butts sitting in Pews don't make a Church
- DH Lawrence
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

The church like the synagogue is the gathering of the church. The building is not the church but the people are.
gmc

The Church is dying.

Post by gmc »

Dying? I wish there was no future for chruistianity one of the most recent most depressing news reports recently has got o be the way the vicar iof chrust has been welcomed all around the world. That soi many still hold to the pagan beleifs of a stone age church that arguably has done the most to keep most of the world in poverty. Why did the american house of congress allow him to address them in what is a countrty set up as a secular state quite deliberately to rject the authority of religion for the sake of it's people. There has only ever been one catholic president and he got assinated for his troubles.

Should an organisation that insisits it's followers believe that at communion the bread and wine actually turns in to the body of christ and all non believers are going to hell and are lesser humans as a consequence deserve any place in modern society?

It it's evolving it's like a parasite ensuring it's own suirvival at the sake of it's host. When chruistianity ruled they called it the dark ages it's history is one of terror and subjugation far from dying out look at the trouble religion is causing all around the world. Islam wants to kill all unbelievers christianity wants them to go to hell.
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

The church has contributed many positive things to the development of mankind. Yes many atrocities have been committed in the name of God in all religions. However let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. The church continues to contribute widely to the continuing development of mankind. The church is evolving, slowly, to slowly for my liking but it is evolving. In his book "The God Delusion" Dawkins made a serious mistake. He was talking about a church that is disappearing into the past. For a scientist in my opinion he failed to do adequate research before writing his rant. Just reading a book "Christianity after Religion" by a well known theologian Diana Butler Bass. She like many others is calling for a new and very different reformation.
YZGI

The Church is dying.

Post by YZGI »

Here in the midwest it seems like they are building more church "buildings" than houses. They're everywhere..
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

Statistics do not support that. Individual churches may seem to be growing but Christian church support has dropped from about 48% to about 19% of the population. This comes from multiple polls by a variety of polsters. "Christianity After Religion" Diana Butler-Bass. Some churches even stretch the actual attendance. In other words they simply don't tell it like it actually is.
gmc

The Church is dying.

Post by gmc »

Ted;1487062 wrote: The church has contributed many positive things to the development of mankind. Yes many atrocities have been committed in the name of God in all religions. However let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. The church continues to contribute widely to the continuing development of mankind. The church is evolving, slowly, to slowly for my liking but it is evolving. In his book "The God Delusion" Dawkins made a serious mistake. He was talking about a church that is disappearing into the past. For a scientist in my opinion he failed to do adequate research before writing his rant. Just reading a book "Christianity after Religion" by a well known theologian Diana Butler Bass. She like many others is calling for a new and very different reformation.

Like what? What has the church contributed to the devlopment of mankind that would not have arisen without it? The church has held back social and scientific progress, tortured and villified those who would progress for no better reason than to maintain the position of authority. When christianity ruled europe they called it the dark ages, then we had the middle ags and then the age if enlightenment when people started to challenge the authority of the church and the way it squashed scientific inquiry - no enlightement no industrial revolution.

What's this church you are talking about or do you mean religion in general? The term used in such a context usually means the catholic church. Most of the world's population has nevr lived under or known this church of yours if it is the christian church you are refering to
FourPart

The Church is dying.

Post by FourPart »

It reminds me of a discussion I was having with Ebe some time back. He's always saying that he 'has' to go to the Mosque, as it is commanded in his Religion. I claimed that according to the Qu'ran, as the entire world was created by Allah, then the entire world is Holy Ground & therefore one massive Mosque, which means that so long as the faith is in his heart, then even when he is at home he is in the Mosque. Then one day, when I went to the Mosque with him, and was welcomed by all, even as an Infidel visitor, he raised the point with the Imam, expecting him to say why he had to attend the Mosque regularly. He got the shock of his life when the Imam agreed with me, and admitted that, just as with any other church, the Mosque is more of a Community Social gathering point. The love of a God is within the heart, and not of outward demonstrations. On Muslim extremists the Imam also said that they shame Islam, as Allah is all powerful & doesn't need mere mortals to do his bidding for him & fight his battles.
Mickiel

The Church is dying.

Post by Mickiel »

None of the world is holy ground, which is why God is going to destroy it when he returns. There is nothing holy in the world;

nothing!
tude dog

The Church is dying.

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

Let me see. It was the church that wanted to educate the past. Now one could say it would have happened any way. The fact is the christian did it. And in the others religions it was the same i happened to Islam that pioneered mathematics. It was and is the Christian faith and church to who did and do look after the oppressed and the marginalize. The churches run soup kitchens and helped set up food banks. Many set up shelters. They look after the sick Help to clothe those who need help. The list goes on and on. Yes someone else could have done it but the fact remains that the Church or Mosque or the Hindu temple did it. The church has always been nearby to help in times of trouble and severe emotional stress. Just to add, and I don't remember where it came from but more human beings have been been killed by the likes of Pol Pot, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin and millions of others in human history. In other word more people have been killed by the so called atheists, by and people of no faith that by the religious in the history of man.
FourPart

The Church is dying.

Post by FourPart »

In every battle there would be the Chaplains on each side giving them blessings, assuring that they were fighting God's battle & that they were on the side of the righteous.

Religion has been the banner of slaughter & torture since the beginning of time. Eg The Holy Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition. Even Hitler masked his cause as being the fault of the Jews / Jehovahs Witnesses, etc. Today we have the Islamic Extremists with their barbaric activities "In the name of Allah". To deny that Religion has been the root cause of such atrocities is laughable.
gmc

The Church is dying.

Post by gmc »

Ted;1487116 wrote: Let me see. It was the church that wanted to educate the past. Now one could say it would have happened any way. The fact is the christian did it. And in the others religions it was the same i happened to Islam that pioneered mathematics. It was and is the Christian faith and church to who did and do look after the oppressed and the marginalize. The churches run soup kitchens and helped set up food banks. Many set up shelters. They look after the sick Help to clothe those who need help. The list goes on and on. Yes someone else could have done it but the fact remains that the Church or Mosque or the Hindu temple did it. The church has always been nearby to help in times of trouble and severe emotional stress. Just to add, and I don't remember where it came from but more human beings have been been killed by the likes of Pol Pot, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin and millions of others in human history. In other word more people have been killed by the so called atheists, by and people of no faith that by the religious in the history of man.

Bollocks you really don't know your history do you.
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

lOh??? I do know what the statistics say., As for the rest well that is your opinion and you are welcome to it.. That I don't know what I'm talking about is your opinion.. Any way that information comes from many highly intelligent folks: Biblical and-religious historians Karen Armstrong,. Diana Butler-Bass, B. Ehrman, D Gordon, Dina Butler-Bass, Dom Crosson. Could list a host of others as well
gmc

The Church is dying.

Post by gmc »

Ted;1487276 wrote: lOh??? I do know what the statistics say., As for the rest well that is your opinion and you are welcome to it.. That I don't know what I'm talking about is your opinion.. Any way that information comes from many highly intelligent folks: Biblical and-religious historians Karen Armstrong,. Diana Butler-Bass, B. Ehrman, D Gordon, Dina Butler-Bass, Dom Crosson. Could list a host of others as well

It's an opinion I can back up. Like many religious pople you just ignore historical reality and accuracy or pretend it doesn't matter, that it was an aberration, that it's lied made up to attack erligion. you've read the bible (I asume) try reading some other books. If all you read is one book you end uo with a very twisted view of reality.
Mickiel

The Church is dying.

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1487290 wrote: It's an opinion I can back up. Like many religious pople you just ignore historical reality and accuracy or pretend it doesn't matter, that it was an aberration, that it's lied made up to attack erligion. you've read the bible (I asume) try reading some other books. If all you read is one book you end uo with a very twisted view of reality.

The bible is really 66 books, combined into one big catalog. An interesting read, after 50 years of reading it, I still have not read it all.

The church is dead, but still alive to those who adhere to it. I think it was designed to go through the changes it has.
gmc

The Church is dying.

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1487304 wrote: The bible is really 66 books, combined into one big catalog. An interesting read, after 50 years of reading it, I still have not read it all.

The church is dead, but still alive to those who adhere to it. I think it was designed to go through the changes it has.

The church is a careful construct made by those with power as a means of keeping control of people by dominating and controlling populations and preventing rebellion regicide, for instyance being a crime against god's annointed. You can do your own research and find out thye nature of their discussions (of the early church that is) and which books were exlcuded and why. When christianity ruled in europe they called it the dark ages the age of enlightenment came about as the stranglehold of the church was broken and the printing press meant people could read the bible for themselves the last straw was when it was printed in the language of ordinary people. The church has been fighting a rearguard action ever since. My way or hell people are not taken in any more.
Mickiel

The Church is dying.

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1487363 wrote: The church is a careful construct made by those with power as a means of keeping control of people by dominating and controlling populations and preventing rebellion regicide, for instyance being a crime against god's annointed. You can do your own research and find out thye nature of their discussions (of the early church that is) and which books were exlcuded and why. When christianity ruled in europe they called it the dark ages the age of enlightenment came about as the stranglehold of the church was broken and the printing press meant people could read the bible for themselves the last straw was when it was printed in the language of ordinary people. The church has been fighting a rearguard action ever since. My way or hell people are not taken in any more.

Well that is what started the scientific revoltlution; science got tired of " Church Regulated science" and wanted to view their own revelations as of value; they saw the stars in a manner that the Christians did not. So they broke away from the church. And the scientific revoltlution began.
gmc

The Church is dying.

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1487482 wrote: Well that is what started the scientific revoltlution; science got tired of " Church Regulated science" and wanted to view their own revelations as of value; they saw the stars in a manner that the Christians did not. So they broke away from the church. And the scientific revoltlution began.

Church regulated science? No such thing. Those who tread the bible realised two things

1) they were being lied to by the priests especially the bit about how some were born to rule. If god made all men hy shopuld you believe the one that tells you he is superior to you.

2) It's full of nonsense, contradictions and the god pictured was a capricious nsane individual at best.

Best way to counteract religion imo is to get everybody read thge bible for themselves and study religion as a social phenomenon. End seperate religious schools so that children don't' get indoctrinated. The harm such schools do to our society is immense.
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

Oh LOLOLO
FourPart

The Church is dying.

Post by FourPart »

Those who began to question the Religious explanations and turn to understanding science were persecuted by the Church, tortured & executed as heretics - in much the same way as Islam continues to do in the Middle East under Sharia Law, to this day.

The Church outlawed bodily dissection for the purposes of the education of surgeons - Although I believe that Michelangelo pulled a fast one on the Vatican by including a disguised picture of a human brain in the painting of the Creation.
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

If we go through the history of the church and religion in general we find that in some cases there have been some issues of control. I would suggest that generally this is not the case. Many of the churches were built at the wishes of the congregation. Even today in Greece there are churches and chapels all over the place. These were not built by the "Church" but at the desire of the people of society. Such is in the constitution of the Greece. Every person has a right to their own place of Worship. Noting to do with the church. There were probably isolated churches more concerned with control. Yes reading did upset some of the churches but in general it was the church that fostered education.

Yes people began to read the Bible but the probem was they were not to understand the Hebrew style of writing and ultimately their misunderstanding led to literal-ism which the Jews never intended. Some may call it nonsense and they are entitled to their belief. I do ot see it that way. I've learned to translate both Hebrew and Greek and read intensively about midrash. When midrash is understood there is no nonsense but their are contradictions. The Bible is a very human creation describing how folks felt they experienced the divine. Many of the offshoot churches are not run by priests or even ordained ministers. They are looked after solely by the folks involved.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Demographics will insure that the Church never recovers.

Most Western nations are not reproducing enough and Muslim immigration is replacing dying Christians who are not being replaced by Christian reproduction.

Look at Germany and France just for two examples. Churches are for sale and mosques are popping up all over the place.

Canada and the U.S. are going through the same phase of needing immigration to replenish our populations. Canada's fastest growing religious demography is Islam and atheism.

I cannot see how the West will recover as politicians have seen the writing on the wall and are actively showing Islam preferential treatment in many areas.

The white race and our hard won freedoms are being eroded and will be lost if whites do not start to actively fight against current trends.

Perhaps if whites were not aborting so many of us, our communities would not be browning up as quickly as they are.

I do not like any of the homophobic and misogynous religions like Christianity and Islam but I would prefer more Christian and Catholic than the more barbaric and backwards Islam.

Regards

DL
Mickiel

The Church is dying.

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1487921 wrote: Demographics will insure that the Church never recovers.

Most Western nations are not reproducing enough and Muslim immigration is replacing dying Christians who are not being replaced by Christian reproduction.

Look at Germany and France just for two examples. Churches are for sale and mosques are popping up all over the place.

Canada and the U.S. are going through the same phase of needing immigration to replenish our populations. Canada's fastest growing religious demography is Islam and atheism.

I cannot see how the West will recover as politicians have seen the writing on the wall and are actively showing Islam preferential treatment in many areas.

The white race and our hard won freedoms are being eroded and will be lost if whites do not start to actively fight against current trends.

Perhaps if whites were not aborting so many of us, our communities would not be browning up as quickly as they are.

I do not like any of the homophobic and misogynous religions like Christianity and Islam but I would prefer more Christian and Catholic than the more barbaric and backwards Islam.

Regards

DL

Can you offer suggestions that can keep the white race on top?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

Mickiel;1487922 wrote: Can you offer suggestions that can keep the white race on top?

Yes but they would not be acceptable to us whites.

It looks like we have lost our moral sense of duty to family.

It is quite apparent as to what is needed. Less self-centeredness and more babies.

The problem is that we are not reproducing enough. And we are aborting those that we need and opting for immigration instead of orphanages.

Also, we are expending resources on immigration that we need from the Middle East instead of elsewhere instead of training and armng the Muslims so that they might return and fight for their countries the same way we had to.

We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot and do not seem to care and we will not elect or follow one voice.

Without the one voice that is headed, trends will not reverse.

When one says so in public, he is quickly branded and cut to shreds by the media which has also forgotten it's duty to the public.

The strange thing is that we are more wealthy than at any other time in history and could relatively easily reverse thing and buy our way out of our racial death but we will not bring our oligarch owners to heel.

Islam might just end with a world caliphate and I thank all the God's that I will be dead by then. I hate to think of my children and grand children living under such an immoral system but no one hears this one voice either.

Women could make the difference but they do not have what it takes. Or so it seems.

Women will not roar and remain the nigers of the world.

Compare what is to -------------

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

The Church is dying.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

GCB: "Perhaps if whites were not aborting so many of us, our communities would not be browning up as quickly as they are."

Misogynist RACIST comment. Statistically wrong as well. Women are not your brood mares.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

AnneBoleyn;1487942 wrote: GCB: "Perhaps if whites were not aborting so many of us, our communities would not be browning up as quickly as they are."

Misogynist RACIST comment. Statistically wrong as well. Women are not your brood mares.

I am not racist in the way you use the word. I am racist in the sense that I am bias to my own white race and I make no apology for my preference to it.

I stated a fact, I did not make a negative comment against the non-white races who I see browning up my once predominantly white country. I like diversity but dislike the racial led ghettoes that we are creating.

Take your racist label of me and shove it up where it belongs. Your hate from our last encounter is showing. Women like you are what is wrong with the white race. Your holding a grudge is hardly a good example to others.

I do not ask women and men to become reproductive machines. I ask that they remember that to maintain our population, they need 3 children and not the 1 or 2 that they are having. Demographics show that we will ask one person to support 6 others as the population ages. That is not sustainable.

Regards

DL
Smaug

The Church is dying.

Post by Smaug »

Take your racist label of me and shove it up where it belongs. Your hate from our last encounter is showing. Women like you are what is wrong with the white race.

Steady on 'guys', this is getting fractious. Ghettos ARE bad news, as are poor demographics, but you could be a little more diplomatic, GCB. As for AB getting a little 'scratchy', I'm not surprised after your last 'set-to'.

Maybe you should try being nice for a change....
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

Smaug;1487947 wrote: Take your racist label of me and shove it up where it belongs. Your hate from our last encounter is showing. Women like you are what is wrong with the white race.

Steady on 'guys', this is getting fractious. Ghettos ARE bad news, as are poor demographics, but you could be a little more diplomatic, GCB. As for AB getting a little 'scratchy', I'm not surprised after your last 'set-to'.

Maybe you should try being nice for a change....

You ignore who was improperly and ignorantly labelled racist from the get go.

Give your advice where it belongs.

I do not do politically correct and prefer the full truth.

Regards

DL
Ted

The Church is dying.

Post by Ted »

In my view there is no need for racism in any form. I accept all.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

Ted;1487955 wrote: In my view there is no need for racism in any form. I accept all.

I do not judge color. I judge morality.

I think many who label racists are looking at themselves as they do so. It is the log and splinter thing.

Care to comment on my reading of the demographics?

Regards

DL
LarsMac

The Church is dying.

Post by LarsMac »

What you claim to be is belied by the words you post.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

LarsMac;1487960 wrote: What you claim to be is belied by the words you post.

That would depend on the intelligence of the reader.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

The Church is dying.

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1487961 wrote: That would depend on the intelligence of the reader.

Regards

DL

It's there, for all to see. You cannot expect people to "read between the lines" to see that what you say really does not show that which is in your heart.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

LarsMac;1487962 wrote: It's there, for all to see. You cannot expect people to "read between the lines" to see that what you say really does not show that which is in your heart.

Correct. It is there for all to see.

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

The Church is dying.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

GCB: "I do not ask women and men to become reproductive machines. I ask that they remember that to maintain our population, they need 3 children and not the 1 or 2 that they are having."

Men are not reproductive machines. Women are the ones to be pregnant, the ones to give birth, & usually the ones to raise the children.

Who cares what you ask?

You once mentioned you had no idea how to talk with women. Big surprise. It sounds like you might be a .................gasp.............virgin. I can't know but you sure seem like someone not or never in a relationship, except with a blow-up doll. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Certainly not. Merely speculating.

Ps--your claim of "I am bias to my own white race and I make no apology for my preference to it." makes you a RACIST. (as well as a sexist). Gosh, you're charming.
Mickiel

The Church is dying.

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1487939 wrote: Yes but they would not be acceptable to us whites.

It looks like we have lost our moral sense of duty to family.

It is quite apparent as to what is needed. Less self-centeredness and more babies.

The problem is that we are not reproducing enough. And we are aborting those that we need and opting for immigration instead of orphanages.

Also, we are expending resources on immigration that we need from the Middle East instead of elsewhere instead of training and armng the Muslims so that they might return and fight for their countries the same way we had to.

We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot and do not seem to care and we will not elect or follow one voice.

Without the one voice that is headed, trends will not reverse.

When one says so in public, he is quickly branded and cut to shreds by the media which has also forgotten it's duty to the public.

The strange thing is that we are more wealthy than at any other time in history and could relatively easily reverse thing and buy our way out of our racial death but we will not bring our oligarch owners to heel.

Islam might just end with a world caliphate and I thank all the God's that I will be dead by then. I hate to think of my children and grand children living under such an immoral system but no one hears this one voice either.

Women could make the difference but they do not have what it takes. Or so it seems.

Women will not roar and remain the nigers of the world.

Compare what is to -------------

Regards

DL

Speaking as one of those " Brown people myself", I find you quite stunning, but its a same old song that I have heard before. I am curious, are you a segregationist? Do you feel that whites are better than any other race on earth?
AnneBoleyn

The Church is dying.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yes Mickiel, & who says it's bad if the human race evolves darker? So what? The important point is being HUMAN, not a human of a particular shade of skin.
AnneBoleyn

The Church is dying.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

GCB: "The problem is that we are not reproducing enough. And we are aborting those that we need and opting for immigration instead of orphanages."

That turns human females into brood mares to carry fetuses they Don't Want to populate immigration and/or orphanages. Think again. Our Bodies, Our Selves should be on your reading list.

Btw, the biggest problem on this planet is too many humans, also known as over-population beyond availability of jobs & resources. You might want to cull the herd, starting with me, of course. Might. Just speculating.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

AnneBoleyn;1487964 wrote: GCB: "I do not ask women and men to become reproductive machines. I ask that they remember that to maintain our population, they need 3 children and not the 1 or 2 that they are having."

Men are not reproductive machines. Women are the ones to be pregnant, the ones to give birth, & usually the ones to raise the children.

Who cares what you ask?

You once mentioned you had no idea how to talk with women. Big surprise. It sounds like you might be a .................gasp.............virgin. I can't know but you sure seem like someone not or never in a relationship, except with a blow-up doll. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Certainly not. Merely speculating.

Ps--your claim of "I am bias to my own white race and I make no apology for my preference to it." makes you a RACIST. (as well as a sexist). Gosh, you're charming.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

Mickiel;1487967 wrote: Speaking as one of those " Brown people myself", I find you quite stunning, but its a same old song that I have heard before. I am curious, are you a segregationist? Do you feel that whites are better than any other race on earth?

No.

I do think that the Western countries have the most advance social systems, regardless of the color or race of that particular country.

I, like others living in Western countries, would hate to see them regress because whites no longer have the impetus or desire to fight for them.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

AnneBoleyn;1487972 wrote: GCB: "The problem is that we are not reproducing enough. And we are aborting those that we need and opting for immigration instead of orphanages."

That turns human females into brood mares to carry fetuses they Don't Want to populate immigration and/or orphanages. Think again. Our Bodies, Our Selves should be on your reading list.

Btw, the biggest problem on this planet is too many humans, also known as over-population beyond availability of jobs & resources. You might want to cull the herd, starting with me, of course. Might. Just speculating.

You are not worthy of my consideration.

You may not care about reducing the numbers of aborted potential humans but I do.

I venerate life and hate to see any potential human aborted. This is not to say that I have the right to have tell a woman what to do with her body and I vote pro-choice.

Pro-choice is not pro-abortion.

Having said that, I happen to believe that many of those women who abort do so because they do not have the wherewithal to support their child were it to be born. A good orphanage system would save many potential humans from abortion and perhaps help the many women who are torn and mentally scared by knowing that they killed a potential life.

A good orphanage system would thus give women another option and also help many in the West who presently have to go to the East to adopt children that they cannot have.

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

The Church is dying.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

gcb: "You are not worthy of my consideration."

DITTO.

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Smaug

The Church is dying.

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1487953 wrote: You ignore who was improperly and ignorantly labelled racist from the get go.

Give your advice where it belongs.

I do not do politically correct and prefer the full truth.

Regards

DL

On what basis do you 'prefer your own colour'? I have no colour bias, though I'm not keen on extreme religious bias. I tend to judge a person NOT on their colour, but on their ACTIONS. And I am giving my advice where it belongs.

Lest you forget, it was you who called AB a 'female dog'.....3 times, if my memory serves me correctly. And you earned yourself a well deserved ban for it!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
FourPart

The Church is dying.

Post by FourPart »

One cannot be racist against Muslims, as Islam is not a race. It is a Religion.

Varying cultures, regardless of what that culture may be, will always tend to Ghettoise regions, rather than integrate. This is especially so in Asian communities. Every city has its "Little India" area. The big difference is that with Islam they proudly boast allegiance to their own (Sharia) laws, and once their Ghettos grow they begin to exclude UK law in favour of Sharia law, intimidating non-Muslims who act in ways contary to Sharia, yet if we clamp down on this sort of incident it is considered non-PC.

It is still traditional for Muslims to arrange marriages, and to pay a dowry (thus buying / selling the women). However, this is also, more often than not arranging for wives from outside the UK. My friend Ebe's son went over to Paris a couple of weeks ago to meet & marry his new bride (who doesn't speak English). Although this is an official marriage under French Law (having been performed in the Registry Office), under Islam it is only considered an Engagement until the ceremony is performed in the Mosque next year. Until then, she remains in Paris - only having met the once - on their wedding / engagement day. If you look on Google you will find there are abundant Islamic sites to arrange such weddings.

Whilst it is true that arranged marriages have been the foundation of many other cultures (including our own Royal family throughout history), it is still a matter of not being much more than Slave Trading. As far as Ebe is concerned, he's looking forward to her coming over, fully expecting her to be a free live-in housekeeper for him.
Mickiel

The Church is dying.

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1487975 wrote: No.

I do think that the Western countries have the most advance social systems, regardless of the color or race of that particular country.

I, like others living in Western countries, would hate to see them regress because whites no longer have the impetus or desire to fight for them.

Regards

DL

Interesting view; so do you consider Whites the great saviors of the world? So advanced that other nations NEED them? I must say, with a close look at human history, only in the 20th century could one even come close to actually having a case for that. The past is full of non whites ruling the world, is it not? Each race had its time of glory, and if a race takes its time to think themselves superior, well that is just history repeating itself in human selfishness.

The White race has offered a great deal to humanity, no doubt; but it, like the others, has proven itself gullible to the infections of being on top. The infection of having that superior attitude which things itself as being savior to humanity. There was a time that the sun never set on White influence on the world, and the White man was very impressive in their world domination, such a thing infects generations of their generate, for sure. So I am no longer shocked by Whites who still are influenced by this in their thinking. I honor those who can see through this and think in other terms. But its a very hard thing to handle; some are simply overwhelmed by it and think along those paths that history has experienced.

To think more of yourself than what you really are, is simply a trap; a cave; a dream that one keeps trying to live in reality. A dream that some never awake from.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”