Do you think that torturing a baby is ever justified?

Smaug

Post by Smaug »

AnneBoleyn;1484366 wrote: I see nothing Christian in Mr. Bishop.

Nor do I, by his own admission! However, I would like him to give some non-ambiguous clarification on this matter (Good Christian Bitches).

If he says nothing at all, then I'll take that as an insult to G#Gill.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Same here
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Do I get the feeling that 'Bish-Bash' isn't going to respond? Yes I do, though I hope I'm wrong on that.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Smaug;1484361 wrote: Are you inferring G#Gill reminds you of a bitch, or is a bitch, or am I mis-reading you? A little clarification would be appreciated!

Just the whole bitching issue. So to speak.

:)

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1484366 wrote: I see nothing Christian in Mr. Bishop.

You do not realize how nice a compliment that is.

To me, that means that you do not see any homophobia or misogyny in me.

I think somewhat like Bishop Spong does on Christianity.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484445 wrote: Just the whole bitching issue. So to speak.

:)

Regards

DL

Well I have to say that it was you who offered the insult (bitch) to AB. And you havn't apologised for that. However, I'm glad you responded to the clarification request, though I get the feeling you're laughing about it, and think you are being clever and witty in some way.

You're not, by the way.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

To AnneBoleyn and all you politically correct advocates.

Not her, but in various places where more right wing types hang about, I spend most of my time taking crap from those who are not morally not fit and who resent that I do not join them in their homophobia and misogyny and who resent the fact that I point out their immorality to them.

I firmly believe that reciprocity is fair play and when at a low level of insult I am pleased to give what I get. When my adversary goes too far, I do not lower my standards and generally turn the ignore on him or her.

I do not even recall what two things Ms. AnneBoleyn said to trigger my low level insult and if you were a Christian I would send you packing.

You are not, and since you were truly offended by what I said, then of course I offer my apologies.

My only excuses for my character is that I spent most of my life in a hard rock mining town where every third word spoken is **** and every fifth word is politically incorrect and intended to be a low level insult/joke.

IE. Your mother is starting to charge too much for her service so slow down on your drinking.

I also have a character where people like this make a lot of sense to me.

Apologies do not come easy to me and I have only made a few in my long life and as poorly done as this one is, I hope it is accepted as intended.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484448 wrote: Well I have to say that it was you who offered the insult (bitch) to AB. And you havn't apologised for that. However, I'm glad you responded to the clarification request, though I get the feeling you're laughing about it, and think you are being clever and witty in some way.

You're not, by the way.

In real life, I have put people and myself on the floor in laughing fits but recognize from the few times I have tried it in writing that you are correct. I suck. That is why I stay serious when posting and stay away from the personal.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484455 wrote: In real life, I have put people and myself on the floor in laughing fits but recognize from the few times I have tried it in writing that you are correct. I suck. That is why I stay serious when posting and stay away from the personal.

Regards

DL

Yes, writing can make things LESS clear at times, especially as you don't hear tone of voice, or vocal inflections. Also, one word missed/added can change the pitch of the whole conversation. That's one of the reasons I steer well clear of using direct profane terms in a personal manner in text conversations. I think you would be wise to follow that code when posting online in future, especially with personal insults, even if they were "tongue in cheek", so-to-speak. It avoids ill-will and confusion, as I would like to think you are not here to upset people.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484454 wrote: To AnneBoleyn and all you politically correct advocates.

Not her, but in various places where more right wing types hang about, I spend most of my time taking crap from those who are not morally not fit and who resent that I do not join them in their homophobia and misogyny and who resent the fact that I point out their immorality to them.

I firmly believe that reciprocity is fair play and when at a low level of insult I am pleased to give what I get. When my adversary goes too far, I do not lower my standards and generally turn the ignore on him or her.

I do not even recall what two things Ms. AnneBoleyn said to trigger my low level insult and if you were a Christian I would send you packing.

You are not, and since you were truly offended by what I said, then of course I offer my apologies.

My only excuses for my character is that I spent most of my life in a hard rock mining town where every third word spoken is **** and every fifth word is politically incorrect and intended to be a low level insult/joke.

IE. Your mother is starting to charge too much for her service so slow down on your drinking.

I also have a character where people like this make a lot of sense to me.

Apologies do not come easy to me and I have only made a few in my long life and as poorly done as this one is, I hope it is accepted as intended.

Regards

DL

Well said, GCB! Takes stature to admit you were wrong, and to apologise. :-6
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484459 wrote: Yes, writing can make things LESS clear at times, especially as you don't hear tone of voice, or vocal inflections. Also, one word missed/added can change the pitch of the whole conversation. That's one of the reasons I steer well clear of using direct profane terms in a personal manner in text conversations. I think you would be wise to follow that code when posting online in future, especially with personal insults, even if they were "tongue in cheek", so-to-speak. It avoids ill-will and confusion, as I would like to think you are not here to upset people.

You would be wrong in the sense that I try my best to upset theists.

Not by insult but by hurting their heads by making them think of their immoral tenets.

I begin to recognize that there are few theists here though or they know better than to try debating me.

Kind of a shame as, in a sense, I prefer to lose a debate rather than win it.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484493 wrote: You would be wrong in the sense that I try my best to upset theists.

Not by insult but by hurting their heads by making them think of their immoral tenets.

I begin to recognize that there are few theists here though or they know better than to try debating me.

Kind of a shame as, in a sense, I prefer to lose a debate rather than win it.

Regards

DL

It probably would be a little fruitless debating religious issues with me then; I'm a pagan, though I'm a pretty tolerant one! Each to their own, I say. Mind you, I have had a few such debates in the past. My best friend 'Squid' ( his nickname) is an Agnostic (is this the right term for a Christian who doesn't celebrate Christmas, has the Sabbath on Saturday, doesn't go to Church and won't read any Bible later than the original King James Bible?) He's not Jewish, that I know for a fact.

He and I have debated a few issues, and ended up agreeing to disagree!
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484495 wrote: It probably would be a little fruitless debating religious issues with me then; I'm a pagan, though I'm a pretty tolerant one! Each to their own, I say. Mind you, I have had a few such debates in the past. My best friend 'Squid' ( his nickname) is an Agnostic (is this the right term for a Christian who doesn't celebrate Christmas, has the Sabbath on Saturday, doesn't go to Church and won't read any Bible later than the original King James Bible?) He's not Jewish, that I know for a fact.

He and I have debated a few issues, and ended up agreeing to disagree!

That is how many debates end when faith is followed instead of logic and reason.

"Each to their own, I say."

I would not say it that way. Here is what I would give some in a more theist driven debate for such a comment. You do not likely need to see it but I just want to show what I do elsewhere and under different conditions. Feel free to comment or correct my thinking though.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scripture literally.

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches and Jesus

Jesus Camp 1of 3

Death to Gays.

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484498 wrote: That is how many debates end when faith is followed instead of logic and reason.

"Each to their own, I say."

I would not say it that way. Here is what I would give some in a more theist driven debate for such a comment. You do not likely need to see it but I just want to show what I do elsewhere and under different conditions. Feel free to comment or correct my thinking though.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scripture literally.

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches and Jesus

Jesus Camp 1of 3

Death to Gays.

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards

DL

I usually judge things in a calm, rational light, knowing that I'm master of my own thoughts, words and deeds. It's what defines us as people, IMO. I don't think something just because a religious book, newspaper or person tells me to! That would be a 'sin', in my book, as you would be abdicating all responsibility for your actions, on a par with the Nazi excuse " Ve Ver Only Following Orders!" I agree that we must always take the responsibility on our own shoulders.

As regards other-worldly issues, I fear you 'paint with too broad a brush', so-to-speak. There are some arcane wisdoms AND abilities out there that defy description, and sometimes belief. Nevertheless, such is the many-faceted diamond of our 'multiverse'. To label something as 'evil' because you don't understand or believe in it is somewhat similar in outlook to the 'Spanish Inquisition', in a way. It implies intolerance of something not understood, something Pagans AND Gnostics have fallen victim to for many centuries. Tolerance is part of the answer, as I believe we all have some of the 'keys' to understanding the multiverse, and indeed, ourselves, and our place in the scheme of things, and our understanding increases the more folk we swap ideas/knowledge/theories with.

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing.

I would definitely agree 100% on that!
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

If you knew anything about me, GCB, you would know I have never been 'politically correct.' Incorrect all my life, & it has cost me plenty. Nor am I a theist. I can, when the occasion calls for it, be a bitch, but I see you can be one too. I dislike your off-the-wall assumptions about me, which is why I do not engage in conversation with you.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

AnneBoleyn;1484508 wrote: If you knew anything about me, GCB, you would know I have never been 'politically correct.' Incorrect all my life, & it has cost me plenty. Nor am I a theist. I can, when the occasion calls for it, be a bitch, but I see you can be one too. I dislike your off-the-wall assumptions about me, which is why I do not engage in conversation with you.

To be fair, GCB has apologised to all who were offended by his post(s). Apologising is never an easy thing to do, especially on open board, as opposed to private message.

It's far easier to transgress than to apologise. He also went to some lengths to explain himself, his background, and why it happened.

As for AnneBoleyn being politically correct.......Never been known, to the best of my knowledge!:wah:
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Smaug;1484515 wrote: To be fair, GCB has apologised to all who were offended by his post(s). Apologising is never an easy thing to do, especially on open board, as opposed to private message.

It's far easier to transgress than to apologise. He also went to some lengths to explain himself, his background, and why it happened.

As for AnneBoleyn being politically correct.......Never been known, to the best of my knowledge!:wah:

I didn't need his apology, but was touched by your efforts, & Gill's. I didn't see what you referred to, as frankly, I don't read what he says. I sometimes read you, Ted, etc. on his threads, but that's as far as it goes since he started that nonsense & I don't miss what he has to say, it leaves no vacuum in my life.

I find apologizing a very easy thing to do. No problems with that & can't understand why anyone can't; my ego doesn't work that way. I'm wrong as frequently as I'm right, no doubt.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484499 wrote:

I usually judge things in a calm, rational light, knowing that I'm master of my own thoughts, words and deeds. It's what defines us as people, IMO. I don't think something just because a religious book, newspaper or person tells me to! That would be a 'sin', in my book, as you would be abdicating all responsibility for your actions, on a par with the Nazi excuse " Ve Ver Only Following Orders!" I agree that we must always take the responsibility on our own shoulders.

As regards other-worldly issues, I fear you 'paint with too broad a brush', so-to-speak. There are some arcane wisdoms AND abilities out there that defy description, and sometimes belief. Nevertheless, such is the many-faceted diamond of our 'multiverse'. To label something as 'evil' because you don't understand or believe in it is somewhat similar in outlook to the 'Spanish Inquisition', in a way. It implies intolerance of something not understood, something Pagans AND Gnostics have fallen victim to for many centuries. Tolerance is part of the answer, as I believe we all have some of the 'keys' to understanding the multiverse, and indeed, ourselves, and our place in the scheme of things, and our understanding increases the more folk we swap ideas/knowledge/theories with.

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing.

I would definitely agree 100% on that!

Thanks for this.

Nothing to argue here.

One comment. Gnostic Christians, as shown above, tolerate any belief that does not harm others.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1484508 wrote: If you knew anything about me, GCB, you would know I have never been 'politically correct.' Incorrect all my life, & it has cost me plenty. Nor am I a theist. I can, when the occasion calls for it, be a bitch, but I see you can be one too. I dislike your off-the-wall assumptions about me, which is why I do not engage in conversation with you.

No problem. Although I fight a lot for women, I admit to not being the best at talking to or understanding you guys.

I think that it is because you often talk from the personal or emotional side and I have supressed mine.

That is said, not to insult you or women, but to show my deficit.

My love is tough love and women tend to be able to love better and softer than I.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

AnneBoleyn;1484523 wrote: I didn't need his apology, but was touched by your efforts, & Gill's. I didn't see what you referred to, as frankly, I don't read what he says. I sometimes read you, Ted, etc. on his threads, but that's as far as it goes since he started that nonsense & I don't miss what he has to say, it leaves no vacuum in my life.

I find apologizing a very easy thing to do. No problems with that & can't understand why anyone can't; my ego doesn't work that way. I'm wrong as frequently as I'm right, no doubt.

Thanks for that, AB. For my money, I prefer it when people can get long amicably, but I realise this isn't always possible with so many diverse characters/backgrounds on the forum.

As for being right, nobody has the monopoly on that!
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484524 wrote: Thanks for this.

Nothing to argue here.

One comment. Gnostic Christians, as shown above, tolerate any belief that does not harm others.

Regards

DL

I feel similar about non-harmful beliefs and practices. I'm not keen on folk who deliberately court and practice genuinely evil things.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484534 wrote: I feel similar about non-harmful beliefs and practices. I'm not keen on folk who deliberately court and practice genuinely evil things.

In the cases of the gay killing law in Africa, I blame the church more than those poor sheeple who have been indoctrinated by the church. That is the church taking advantage of the foolish and uneducated.

It is the same situation with the Jesus Camp.

The church is to blame. Not the sheeple in most cases yet we allow them to do their evil tax exempt.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Sheeple! That's an expression I haven't heard for a while....Appropriate though, especially for people who blindly follow a dogma without understanding it's meaning or application. IMO, 'good' is where you find it, as is 'evil', and there are shades of both....
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484786 wrote: Sheeple! That's an expression I haven't heard for a while....Appropriate though, especially for people who blindly follow a dogma without understanding it's meaning or application. IMO, 'good' is where you find it, as is 'evil', and there are shades of both....

Christians tend to say that morals are objective. Most think they are subjective as you do.

I agree.

The only moral tenet I have found that I could not apply subjectively and might be objective or immutable would be that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

So far, -----

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484787 wrote: Christians tend to say that morals are objective. Most think they are subjective as you do.

I agree.

The only moral tenet I have found that I could not apply subjectively and might be objective or immutable would be that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

So far, -----

Regards

DL

The only possible exception I could possibly find would be a society that was principally evil or wicked in some way, with a small group of 'reformers' opposing this by trying to change that society's values.

Having said that, it STILL wouldn't meet the needs of the many!:wah:
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484805 wrote: The only possible exception I could possibly find would be a society that was principally evil or wicked in some way, with a small group of 'reformers' opposing this by trying to change that society's values.

Having said that, it STILL wouldn't meet the needs of the many!:wah:

Society has likely always had it's small group of better thinkers. Thank all the Gods they never had the power to force us to their will.

What you put reminds me of Noah who put the needs of the few ahead of the needs of the many when he did not tell God where to shove his Arc.

I have always seen Noah as a traitor to mankind. I have a bullet with his name on it as well as one for Yahweh.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

There are all kinds of horror stories in the Bible. Folks I would never want my children to emulate. Numbers 31 the order to kill everyone, the lady that drove a spike through a man's head. The God who says we are to do no murder but then approves of the exodus plagues. A God who would sacrifice his own son. There is of course no evidence that the Exodus ever happened. There are many sins in the scriptures. etc.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Re better thinkers. We are all unique individuals and no two are alike. Some are more intelligent than others and some are less intelligent. That is how they were born. Clearly we are our brothers keeper. Capitalism is really just about greed. Noah of course is a myth designed to teach a lesson but no one I like. I do agree with you one Noah. Lets not forget Lot and his daughters or Noah's "nakedness story>
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484828 wrote: Society has likely always had it's small group of better thinkers. Thank all the Gods they never had the power to force us to their will.

What you put reminds me of Noah who put the needs of the few ahead of the needs of the many when he did not tell God where to shove his Arc.

I have always seen Noah as a traitor to mankind. I have a bullet with his name on it as well as one for Yahweh.

Regards

DL

Don't forget that the instinct for self-preservation runs deep! We always need some kind of 'aid' for committing suicide, for instance (try committing suicide by holding you breath, and see how far you get...). I can't blame him for building an Ark, though. And for taking animals with him, who would fancy death by drowning or starvation when survival is possible?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1484837 wrote: There are all kinds of horror stories in the Bible. Folks I would never want my children to emulate. Numbers 31 the order to kill everyone, the lady that drove a spike through a man's head. The God who says we are to do no murder but then approves of the exodus plagues. A God who would sacrifice his own son. There is of course no evidence that the Exodus ever happened. There are many sins in the scriptures. etc.

I agree and also agree with Dawkins.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1484840 wrote: Re better thinkers. We are all unique individuals and no two are alike. Some are more intelligent than others and some are less intelligent. That is how they were born. Clearly we are our brothers keeper. Capitalism is really just about greed. Noah of course is a myth designed to teach a lesson but no one I like. I do agree with you one Noah. Lets not forget Lot and his daughters or Noah's "nakedness story>

What system would be better than capitalism?

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484843 wrote: Don't forget that the instinct for self-preservation runs deep! We always need some kind of 'aid' for committing suicide, for instance (try committing suicide by holding you breath, and see how far you get...). I can't blame him for building an Ark, though. And for taking animals with him, who would fancy death by drowning or starvation when survival is possible?

I agree on the difficulty of suicide. But Noah showed how unworthy he would be as a moral guide when placing a guy in the sky ahead of his own species.

He was certainly not doing unto others or would have told God what to do with his Arc.

Truth be told, I am not even sure what the old Jews were trying to convey if not how humans should not kowtow to a satanic genocidal God.

Even the Jewish midrash on this is hard to make heads or tails of for me.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484847 wrote: What system would be better than capitalism?

Regards

DL

'Utopian-ism'. When we've outgrown the need for money, power, and national boundaries, we will have learned something. Until then, we'll have to put up with our somewhat archaic systems in some form, or another. I don't think we'll be that socially advanced anytime soon, though!
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484854 wrote: 'Utopian-ism'. When we've outgrown the need for money, power, and national boundaries, we will have learned something. Until then, we'll have to put up with our somewhat archaic systems in some form, or another. I don't think we'll be that socially advanced anytime soon, though!

I agree. It would take us coming up with a new type of socio economic demographic pyramid. Today, ours is based on wealth. The new one would be based on merit by guild and merit within the guild. I do not see any other possible way.

We demand a pyramid shaped common so communism would never work for us.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484863 wrote: I agree. It would take us coming up with a new type of socio economic demographic pyramid. Today, ours is based on wealth. The new one would be based on merit by guild and merit within the guild. I do not see any other possible way.

We demand a pyramid shaped common so communism would never work for us.

Regards

DL

Many hundreds of years from now, when we are more comfortable with ourselves, and each other, who knows? We may have made contact with a more advanced extra-terrestrial species by then, and learned from them, and their (by this time) ancient history.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484871 wrote: Many hundreds of years from now, when we are more comfortable with ourselves, and each other, who knows? We may have made contact with a more advanced extra-terrestrial species by then, and learned from them, and their (by this time) ancient history.

It is more likely than not that some alien races, many in fact, are out there.

I doubt that we will ever find any though while Einstein's E=MC2 is not overruled or overcome, --- which physicists tell us can never happen.

The speed of travel will discourage all races, including us, from space travel and the finding of others.

Where is Picard and warp speed when you want him?

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484873 wrote: It is more likely than not that some alien races, many in fact, are out there.

I doubt that we will ever find any though while Einstein's E=MC2 is not overruled or overcome, --- which physicists tell us can never happen.

The speed of travel will discourage all races, including us, from space travel and the finding of others.

Where is Picard and warp speed when you want him?

Regards

DL

It is highly probable that aliens are indeed out there;-maybe closer than we think, especially if NASA is telling 'pork-pies' about Mars....NASA tell a lie? Perish the thought!

Not all the 'UFO's sighted belong to us, of that I'm certain. For an advanced, technical civilization that may be millions of years older than ours, who knows?

Long-distance space travel is still in it's infancy here, we still have many problems to overcome before travel to the stars becomes possible for us....
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484896 wrote: It is highly probable that aliens are indeed out there;-maybe closer than we think, especially if NASA is telling 'pork-pies' about Mars....NASA tell a lie? Perish the thought!

Not all the 'UFO's sighted belong to us, of that I'm certain. For an advanced, technical civilization that may be millions of years older than ours, who knows?

Long-distance space travel is still in it's infancy here, we still have many problems to overcome before travel to the stars becomes possible for us....

Indeed and physicists tell us we will never overcome Einstein.

As to UFOs, even my wife and I saw lights at a long distance.

Have you seen what they are trying to sell as sightings?

Lights that move like only a really stupid pilot would move.

A big part of what you and I would do when visiting some other planet would be to say hello to the inhabitants and possibly wave to them through our protective bubbles.

To think that some alien would travel this far just to look and run is foolish beyond intelligent thought. They would have nothing to brag about when returning home.

We have allowed our imagination to align aliens with the supernatural and look more foolish as time goes on.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484902 wrote: Indeed and physicists tell us we will never overcome Einstein.

As to UFOs, even my wife and I saw lights at a long distance.

Have you seen what they are trying to sell as sightings?

Lights that move like only a really stupid pilot would move.

A big part of what you and I would do when visiting some other planet would be to say hello to the inhabitants and possibly wave to them through our protective bubbles.

To think that some alien would travel this far just to look and run is foolish beyond intelligent thought. They would have nothing to brag about when returning home.

We have allowed our imagination to align aliens with the supernatural and look more foolish as time goes on.

Next episode will be Yahweh warring against Zeus.

Regards

DL

Couldn't have put it better OR more amusingly myself, GCB! Experienced pilots being told by the USAF that they were looking at the planet Venus....As in Venus, getting rapidly larger with bright lights blazing, on a collision course with a passenger jet (something similar did actually happen years ago, and Venus was the official explanation).

Sure, UFO 'fakery' is rife on the internet, but they're not ALL fakes; - probability alone would almost certainly preclude this, IMO.

Interesting that you and your wife have seen strange lights too....
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484904 wrote: Couldn't have put it better OR more amusingly myself, GCB! Experienced pilots being told by the USAF that they were looking at the planet Venus....As in Venus, getting rapidly larger with bright lights blazing, on a collision course with a passenger jet (something similar did actually happen, and Venus was the official explanation).

Sure, UFO 'fakery' is rife on the internet, but they're not ALL fakes; - probability alone would almost certainly preclude this, IMO.

Interesting that you and your wife have seen strange lights too....

Probability is low when the probability of the limits of the speed of light is a fact.

I do have an open mind to any possibility though as there is much that we might not know. In an endless universe, every possibility is a probability.

I have to have an open mind as I believe in this cosmic consciousness and truly believe having visited it the one brief time.

I have no proof though. That may be our next alien visitor and frontier. Not space and aliens.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484905 wrote: Probability is low when the probability of the limits of the speed of light is a fact.

I do have an open mind to any possibility though as there is much that we might not know. In an endless universe, every possibility is a probability.

I have to have an open mind as I believe in this cosmic consciousness and truly believe having visited it the one brief time.

I have no proof though. That may be our next alien visitor and frontier. Not space and aliens.

Regards

DL

Very interesting, GCB! Only watched about 2 mins. so far (having loading probs-very slow load due to poor broadband here). The Earth's magnetic field could be responsible for ghosts and apparitions;- maybe they're 'Earth recordings', so-to-speak, similar to the way in which a ferrous tape records sound and/or images for playback. It's a huge, unknown field thus far. If we can somehow 'tap' into these stored recordings, the knowledge recorded there could be mind-blowing!! I'll return to your link tomorrow and let it load properly.

You've piqued my curiosity 'big-time' with that!!
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Well, I finally managed to watch the first 15 mins. of the clip ( it's better loading time on utube for me due to the terrible "broadband" I get at the moment; don't use Orange's services, whatever you do!!). Amazing dual reactions between the two people using magnetic fields linked by the head-sets. Was also fascinated by the prescient abilityshown by many test subjects (approx 5 secs. in most cases).

I shall definitely be watching some of those episodes on utube, GCB!

Thanks for putting me onto the 'Through The Worm-hole' series.

I've posted the episode (Utube) on "The Weird and the Wacky".
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484906 wrote: Very interesting, GCB! !!

Sweet.

I am pleased you passed it on.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484932 wrote: Sweet.

I am pleased you passed it on.

Regards

DL

We've gone massively 'off-topic' on this thread, GCB! Feel free to chat and post clips of this nature on 'The Weird and the Wacky', friend. It's well in keeping with the thread!
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484954 wrote: We've gone massively 'off-topic' on this thread, GCB! Feel free to chat and post clips of this nature on 'The Weird and the Wacky', friend. It's well in keeping with the thread!

We did take a tangent but it is still a part of religion from MPOV as I think that that cosmic consciousness is the only God that shaman have ever found.

But I will feel free to add any other weird stuff there.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484960 wrote: We did take a tangent but it is still a part of religion from MPOV as I think that that cosmic consciousness is the only God that shaman have ever found.

But I will feel free to add any other weird stuff there.

Regards

DL

Cosmic consciousness is a massive, and virtually unknown field, though we appear to be making some progress. I hope that in the future, people are not 'chipped' like pets are, so our brains can be influenced by remote government control. It's very 'sci-fi' at the moment, but in future decades, who knows? If remote influencbecomes possible,you can be sure that authorities will not pass it by!!

I'll be playing Snooker shortly, so this will be the last post for about 4 hours. See ya later!
spot

Post by spot »

Smaug;1484966 wrote: I hope that in the future, people are not 'chipped' like pets are, so our brains can be influenced by remote government control.

Pets are influenced by remote government control?!

I shall ban them from the house forthwith.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1484967 wrote: Pets are influenced by remote government control?!

I shall ban them from the house forthwith.

Not pets, US! Mind you, if pets were remotely controllable, I think I might do the same!!

I certainly wouldn't want our dog being told by the likes of Cameron to poo in the corner behind the cupboard!!!
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484966 wrote: Cosmic consciousness is a massive, and virtually unknown field, though we appear to be making some progress. I hope that in the future, people are not 'chipped' like pets are, so our brains can be influenced by remote government control. It's very 'sci-fi' at the moment, but in future decades, who knows? If remote influencbecomes possible,you can be sure that authorities will not pass it by!!

I'll be playing Snooker shortly, so this will be the last post for about 4 hours. See ya later!

I think that before people get implants, if they ever do, that the governments will have to be completely open and transparent.

Few trust governments that much nowadays and that may hold progress back. If implants are progress that is.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484971 wrote: I think that before people get implants, if they ever do, that the governments will have to be completely open and transparent.

Few trust governments that much nowadays and that may hold progress back. If implants are progress that is.

Regards

DL

I hope that day never comes! Can you imagine the 'field day' govts. would have with this technology for surveillance and monitoring? It would be 'The Holy Grail' to them! For us, it could be a nightmare....

Return to “General Religious Discussions”