When religious discussion is no longer General.

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Belief of the individual is not the problem. It's when that individual forms cults & then seeks to gain power to force other to believe in the way they do & then commit atrocities in the name of that belief. Such is the history of Religion. Not just Christianity, but mainly Christianity, Islam & Judaism (and the little sub-cults of each), but even then, each one of them are all cults within the same basic Religion, killing each other over which one has the right interpretation of Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

We can tell when God is involved in something, by the deepness and power of that something. Religion was dug deep into humanity, and no power has been able to uproot it; even thousands of years of Atheism has been unable to uproot religion, because religion is far more powerful than Atheism. Far more powerful than any lightweight power that has tried to destroy it.

This is evidence that a lightweight power did not birth it.

God had a hand in religion, and intended its negative output.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1479068 wrote: God had a hand in religion, and intended its negative output.
Doesn't sound that bright a God then.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479134 wrote: Doesn't sound that bright a God then.

You know I can't stop Atheist from entering into this inquiry about the true nature of religion, and the new look we need to take at it, its really not a topic most Atheist have the where with all to contribute to, they would rather insult the intelligence of history, belittle the power behind reality, and laugh at the majority that rules in on the accumilation of this ongoing knowledge. Its like asking children to enter into a conversation to remove their toys; we cannot expect the Atheist to enter discussion on a subject that they think is non existant, so the Atheist is just an outside adjatator, doing what they do best; cynicism and controlled burst of boo's.

The whole Atheist camp was planted along with religion, and both were expected to grow together as time and earths history progressed; the bible calls this implantation , this Trojan horse from aliens; the " Wheat and the Tares!" Two totally different concepts, stuck to the sides of each other, developing a whole coin. Both are flip sides of the same coin; the same concept, birthed from the same horse, same source.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1479157 wrote: You know I can't stop Atheist from entering into this inquiry about the true nature of religion, and the new look we need to take at it, its really not a topic most Atheist have the where with all to contribute to, they would rather insult the intelligence of history, belittle the power behind reality, and laugh at the majority that rules in on the accumilation of this ongoing knowledge. Its like asking children to enter into a conversation to remove their toys; we cannot expect the Atheist to enter discussion on a subject that they think is non existant, so the Atheist is just an outside adjatator, doing what they do best; cynicism and controlled burst of boo's.

The whole Atheist camp was planted along with religion, and both were expected to grow together as time and earths history progressed; the bible calls this implantation , this Trojan horse from aliens; the " Wheat and the Tares!" Two totally different concepts, stuck to the sides of each other, developing a whole coin. Both are flip sides of the same coin; the same concept, birthed from the same horse, same source.

Both destined to grow together. Like differing human cultures and races, both destined to grow together. The Trojan horses were planted all over the earth, and all the horses were different.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The whole goal behind these surgically implanted things, like religion and atheism, prejudice, greed, politics, romance, ect... into the consciousness of humanity, was to poison humanity with " General conscious influences"; have us thinking and not thinking, seeing and not seeing; so we would know the whole panorama of good and evil, which would tend to make us like God, our creator; Gen. 3:22, God himself speaking; " And the Lord God said, behold, the man is become as one of us, knowing good and evil.

Theist can see and know the good of religion, Atheist can see and know the evil of religion. Then there are a small growing number of people like myself, who can see the whole picture, we are not one sided.

Seeing the evil in religion is becoming like God.

Its beginning to see his hand in it.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Dejavu is when your consciousness is beginning to sense that the alien interference is really God; this sense you are getting, is what is called " Spirituality", you kind of know this thing has went through your mind before.

And you know you did not put those thoughts there.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Who puts any thoughts anywhere?

And what's all this about horses? First you say they're all the same, then you say they're all different. The neighs have it.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479167 wrote: Who puts any thoughts anywhere?

And what's all this about horses? First you say they're all the same, then you say they're all different. The neighs have it.

Let me help you with the threads analogy, you need the help, because you are not paying attention to the flow; there is a barrier to the truth in this thread, inside of you're head; the barrier is a type of horse" its running the course of your life; and it was implanted there, causing you to think and be, what you were intended to be. Leading you.

There were implanted trojan horses in religion, creating it in the human consciousness, this cannot be explain to those who see religion as something it is not, but are confused as to where it came from.

A groove in the ground is like a track, and water can only follow that preset groove. There is a groove in human conscious reality, and human consciousness has only followed that groove. That groove has a beat, different directions, and it picks up and carries humans along with it.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Is that what you call a horse of another colour?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479183 wrote: Is that what you call a horse of another colour?

I think that's how we got color and difference; God manipulating genes, cells and melatine; its how we got religion and Atheism: God manipulating the human mindset, memory, learning curve and ability; him tinkering with our knowledge consumption; him actually implanting the puzzle into the humans mind, and then appealing directly to their mind to unravel the puzzle.

Simply stunning what this God being has done. How he can wipe his own presence and existence from a whole race of people; a whole group of people. You can sit a speak with these people and see for yourself the amazing extraction job he has done on them; they are totally unaware of him. I mean the thought of him being real does not even touch the surface of their conscious awareness; God is awesomely powerful.

Then he can turn right around and pick a fool of this world; a totally dumb and unknown person, a stupid human, and fill their head with all kinds of assorted spiritual knowledge.

It certainly does not seem bright.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

In Genesis 2:9 we see the alien implantation of the first two Trojan horses; both created by Christ and implanted into the human conscious mind. Both trees symbolize thought processes; ways of being and thinking, called good and evil. All human conceived ways of life, which consist of religion, science, education, learning, building, agriculture, all sources of human knowledge was imbedded within these two trees, which I call Trojan horses, because there were many individual influences contained within each horse; each tree, and those things were designed to grow into the human psyche.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Christ in Genesis? He hadn't even been born.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479228 wrote: Christ in Genesis? He hadn't even been born.

In John 1:1, this verse goes way back before Genesis; " In the beginning was the Word, ( Jesus), and the word was with God." He was born before the world was made,.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

You lot really make me laugh with your crazy spinning. Crowbarring something to exist into something where it clearly doesn't belong.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The two concepts growing on the same tree; two ways of thinking and doing; two very heavy historical influences that have dyed the consciousness of all of humanity.

A tree grows, it feeds the atmosphere; these two concepts of good and evil have done the same thing to the earth.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Religion has been both a search and a solution;

What have we found, and what have we solved?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

You know the old saying; if you want to help an ignorant people, teach them how to plant food.

If you want to confuse a world that you created, and you are God, teach them religion. Visit them a few times, send you're Son one time, then take him away; give them a bit of hope , and let them run things for a few thousand years.

And you will be teaching them a lesson that surpasses general; it will be an eternal lesson that will NEVER be forgotten;

NONE of them will EVER doubt or disobey you again!
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Mickiel;1479563 wrote: You know the old saying; if you want to help an ignorant people, teach them how to plant food.

If you want to confuse a world that you created, and you are God, teach them religion. Visit them a few times, send you're Son one time, then take him away; give them a bit of hope , and let them run things for a few thousand years.

And you will be teaching them a lesson that surpasses general; it will be an eternal lesson that will NEVER be forgotten;

NEVER is too large a word to use for the memory of man, his permanence of spirit and resolve, or indeed, the life of this universe.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Smaug;1479564 wrote: NEVER is too large a word to use for the memory of man, his permanence of spirit and resolve, or indeed, the life of this universe.

I agree.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Religion is like music, it has a tone, a beat, an attraction; a beauty and a saddest song; it can touch the heart or inflame hatred. It can seduce and bring joy; it can make you drunk or sober you up. It can seem like it opens a door to God, then leave you hanging at the door. It can cloud clarity or bring clarity; or rob clarity.

It can wake you up or lull you to sleep.

Its a planted power that has a note.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Mickiel;1479566 wrote: Religion is like music, it has a tone, a beat, an attraction; a beauty and a saddest song; it can touch the heart or inflame hatred. It can seduce and bring joy; it can make you drunk or sober you up. It can seem like it opens a door to God, then leave you hanging at the door. It can cloud clarity or bring clarity; or rob clarity.

It can wake you up or lull you to sleep.

Its a planted power that has a note.

Boon and Bane in one cup. Religion has been described as "The opiate of the masses". When religion and government travel in the same cart, BEWARE, for the whole gathers momentum of it's own, and a precipice does not reveal itself to the ones in the cart until too late.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Smaug;1479567 wrote: Boon and Bane in one cup. Religion has been described as "The opiate of the masses". When religion and government travel in the same cart, BEWARE, for the whole gathers momentum of it's own, and a precipice does not reveal itself to the ones in the cart until too late.

I take certain meds from doctors that boost other meds I have, their power and strength. That is what government does to religion, it boost its power.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Mickiel;1479591 wrote: I take certain meds from doctors that boost other meds I have, their power and strength. That is what government does to religion, it boost its power.

And where this occurs, trouble invariably follows, sooner or later.( Govt. and religion)
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Sooner or later, because of religion, the wars in the Middle East will swell, and its implications will spill over into other continents.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Mickiel;1479597 wrote: Sooner or later, because of religion, the wars in the Middle East will swell, and its implications will spill over into other continents.

That is a VERY REAL possibility! And if Iran gets a "Nuclear Deterrent", we can expect a nuclear "arms race" in the Middle East, one of the most unstable regions on the planet!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1479563 wrote: You know the old saying; if you want to help an ignorant people, teach them how to plant food.

I'm doubting & disobeying it right now. That kind of disproves that arguments doesn't it.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479701 wrote: I'm doubting & disobeying it right now. That kind of disproves that arguments doesn't it.

No, you are doing exactly what you are supposed to do; your doing exactly what you were destined to do; it proves the argument, but you are not supposed to see the argument being proved. I was not supposed to see your argument being proved;

and I don't.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Once again twisting words to mean the opposite of what was said.

This is what you call true religion...

Tintagel wizard set to have spectacular pagan funeral in Truro | Cornish Guardian
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479841 wrote: Once again twisting words to mean the opposite of what was said.

This is what you call true religion...

Tintagel wizard set to have spectacular pagan funeral in Truro | Cornish Guardian

I think one of the things religion generally does, is twist the words of scripture; no doubt about it, in my view. And I have never met a human who does not twist words; yourself included.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1479864 wrote: I think one of the things religion generally does, is twist the words of scripture; no doubt about it, in my view. And I have never met a human who does not twist words; yourself included.

On this point we are agreed.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479874 wrote: On this point we are agreed.

Well thank you, even though I am going beyond " General" in this discussion on religion, two from opposite camps can still find things or points to agree on. In fact, since you have participated so much in this thread, would you agree to a kind of " Public learning interrogation ", by which I mean we have an Atheist, being questioned by a Theist, you can in turn post your questions to me; and lets go pass general and dig into religion from both points of view; but lets go pass the normal stuff, and get to more bottom line reality.

In example, I have noticed that many Atheist used to be religious; now they are not, and all of a sudden they can see religion better than they did while they were wrapped inside of it. One; will you then admit that religion has a very REAL seductive impact on humans, and its not a mythical impact, but very real, since it was " Real enough to seduce an unformed Atheist", and then was USED to help form the Atheist?

How can one be so mad at what was a real part of " Their birth?" It made those who went through that; what shall we can it; transformation?

Atheist can see so good, discern so well, but those who got suckered by religion, just met a greater power than their own? Or needed to be born in the town of religion, before they could travel to see the real world?

So, will you participate in this interaction; with no limits on what you can do to me; and none on what I can publically do to you?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Yes. Religion can have a very seductive effect on people. So can anything when people are desperate & looking for a quick fix. The rise of Hitler & the Nazi Party showed that. Germany was in a bad way & Hitler came along & promised the world, and the Germans took him & his promises to their hearts.

Yes. Many Atheists were once Theists - including myself. It's in that way that you come to see the lies most of all - from the inside. You get to believe the propaganda of hatred preached to you of hatred for all those sinners outside of your particular sect. In the same way, I came from a VERY Right Wing Tory family & was brainwashed into believing it all. To my eternal shame, the first time I voted, I voted for Thatcher's side (although Robert Kilroy Silk, Labour, was my MP at the time). It wasn't until I entered the real world & got to see the truth of things that I turned against my family's politics. It was in the same sort of way I turned away from Religion. I saw the outright hypocrisy of it all. I saw how similar Politics were to Religion & began to realise how everything was spin & selective misinterpretation turn things to mean the things they want you to believe. Then, once you start to question the basics & see them for what they really are, you start to question other things, and the more you delve the more worms you find coming out of the woodwork.

If Religions were to practice what they preached the world would be constantly at peace. As it is, every army is told they have God on their side & they are fighting for His holy cause. Turn the other cheek - so as to get a better swing when you give him a hefty uppercut.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479996 wrote: Yes. Religion can have a very seductive effect on people. So can anything when people are desperate & looking for a quick fix. The rise of Hitler & the Nazi Party showed that. Germany was in a bad way & Hitler came along & promised the world, and the Germans took him & his promises to their hearts.

Yes. Many Atheists were once Theists - including myself. It's in that way that you come to see the lies most of all - from the inside. You get to believe the propaganda of hatred preached to you of hatred for all those sinners outside of your particular sect. In the same way, I came from a VERY Right Wing Tory family & was brainwashed into believing it all. To my eternal shame, the first time I voted, I voted for Thatcher's side (although Robert Kilroy Silk, Labour, was my MP at the time). It wasn't until I entered the real world & got to see the truth of things that I turned against my family's politics. It was in the same sort of way I turned away from Religion. I saw the outright hypocrisy of it all. I saw how similar Politics were to Religion & began to realise how everything was spin & selective misinterpretation turn things to mean the things they want you to believe. Then, once you start to question the basics & see them for what they really are, you start to question other things, and the more you delve the more worms you find coming out of the woodwork.

If Religions were to practice what they preached the world would be constantly at peace. As it is, every army is told they have God on their side & they are fighting for His holy cause. Turn the other cheek - so as to get a better swing when you give him a hefty uppercut.

Hitler and the Nazi party were real, it was not a myth. From this point of view, religion has to be considered real, it too is not a myth. Now one may say that Hitler's theology was based on a myth, so it is with religion; their theology is based on mythical interpretation of real human beliefs. Both were real, and are real in history; so I disagree with the notion that religion is a myth. You lived on the inside of a reality, that took on mythical implications which guided the reality in mythical clothing, as it hid itself in its real effect on humans.

How could religion be a myth, and Hitler not be one, yet both are historical? Yet in your reaction to the real suffering caused to you and others, you defend your Atheism by calling Theism a myth? Religion is a reality that has reached mythical proportions; we cannot properly deal with reality, by defining it as a myth. That's like saying because a woman rejected your love and abused you, that she was not a woman. In reality, you just got used by a woman.

People got used and abused by Hitler, and by religion; neither of which is a myth.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

You started off so well as well. I didn't say Religion was a myth (come to that I didn't use the word 'myth' at all). As you say, Religion is very much a Reality, based on Man's ideals. It is the foundation upon which it is based that is a myth.

Nazism was all too real. It was the theory that an Inbred Aryan blond haired, blue eyed Master Race would be result in a race of super-humans, when the fact is that it is the genetic diversity which makes any species strong. The premise was a myth. The belief was real.

The belief that there is a crock of gold at the end of every rainbow is very real (to some), yet the reality is a myth.

Belief is real. It can be observed. Its existence is a scientific fact. It is what that belief is based upon which is not.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1480047 wrote:

Nazism was all too real. It was the theory that an Inbred Aryan blond haired, blue eyed Master Race would be result in a race of super-humans, when the fact is that it is the genetic diversity which makes any species strong. The premise was a myth. The belief was real.

The belief that there is a crock of gold at the end of every rainbow is very real (to some), yet the reality is a myth.

Belief is real. It can be observed. Its existence is a scientific fact. It is what that belief is based upon which is not.

I agree, very well presented. I like the statement, " The premise was a myth, the belief is real, ( or can be real, depending on if the persons belief's are plastic or real). Now would you agree that reality can lead to, or make a myth real; or prove the myth to be real? Maybe we just believed it to be a myth; then science proved other wise; can you go as far as seeing religion proving things other wise? Or does religion lack real scientific ability? Using biblical archaeology, most certainly religion has proved biblical things as accurate.

Such as unearthing the actual bones of Caiaphas, the Priest who slapped Jesus in the face, Matt. 26:57-75. This man is no myth, archaeological science has proved he was real. In Luke 15:21, history records that Simon a Cyrenian carried Jesus cross for some of the distance, and listed two names of his children, Alexander and Rufus, and the actual place he carried it too; Golgotha, called " The Place of the Skull", all historical proven real facts! We have found the bone box of Simon! One cannot stick their head in the sand and and act as if they can be bias to real history, just because it does not support their " Beliefs."

Conversely, one can pull these historical scientific facts up to prove and support parts of their beliefs.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Religious Archaeology, in my opinion has no place in science. By its very nature it is looking to find some way of fitting it into a niche, whether it actually fits there or not, unlike Scientific Archeology which looks for the niche that might fit the evidence. Finding bones of Calaphas, whether or not he slapped anyone proves nothing apart from that it is someone's bones. If there is also documentation or some other substantiating evidence, then it may prove the person's identity. However, it does not prove that he ever committed the actions that he is claimed to have committed (ie slapping someone's face). Religious Archeology also has a multitude of relics, claiming to be things like "The original thumb of the Blessed Virgin", proving that she had a multitude of hands. The Turin Shroud is another example. To this day its authenticity is the matter of a great deal of contoversy, firstly as to whether or not it is actually a deliberate fake or not, secondly, even accepting that it is a genuine burial shroud, there is no evidence to say that ist is that of the body of Jesus. If all the splinters of the "Original Cross" were to be put together to put that cross together, it would probably be big enough to reach to the moon.

There is nearly always some sort of connection between myth & reality - the existence of Mermaids, for example. The myth of the half woman, half fish creature of divine beauty. The reality - a sea cow. Many other Superstitions are usually based on Religion. Numerology, as with the number 13 & 3, would be obvious examples (number at the last supper & the trinity). Others are things like walking under a ladder or crossing on the stairs. These might be seen as baseless myths, but they have their foundations in reality. They are both to do with the gallows. Walking under the ladder (the condemned man on his way to the execution), and crossing someone on the stairs. (from if one person got a reprieve, so the next in line were hanged in his place - the reprieced gets to come down the stairs while the next in line goes up them). These are examples of the reality of the myth, but does it mean that there is any reality in the superstition of it being unlucky to walk under a ladder or to cross someone walking up the stairs? The true reality eventually becomes lost in the 'myths' of time .
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Of course Science disagrees with you;

http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/fossil ... chaeology/

I refuse to even argue the point, because your bias is stronger than available science on the subject. Your prejudice is a barrier to this realness; this truth, and to impact you in this area is simply impossible.

Its tiresome to always face the impossible attitude in some Atheist, just as tiresome as it exist in many Theist.

They are generally blind; and this thread is going beyond general;

see you at the top. The bottom is too crowed for my taste. Come up there and get into real debate.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Blind? Far from it. You forget - I once was blind, but now I see, having been previously brainwashed by the lies of Religion myself. I have seen things from both sides of the fence. It wasn't until I began to question things & look into reality & to seek the real truth that I realised how evil & ridiculous the whole concept of Religion was. It's the The Wise Monkeys attitude of Theism that is really Blind as they are the ones who refuse to accept the plethora of evidence before them, casting it aside as irrelevant when it compromises their own viewpoint. What is to debate. On one side there is the argument in support of an abstract manifestation, with no physical evidence short of hearsay & legend whatsoever, versus the opposing side that has an ever increasing supply of hard evidence to the contrary.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Not meant as an insult, only an observation; biblical archaeology is a science;

Archaeological science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://philosophynow.org/issues/3/The_ ... rchaeology

Old Sherds, New Science – Biblical Archaeology Society

The Bible, Archeology, and Science
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1480281 wrote: Not meant as an insult, only an observation; biblical archaeology is a science;

Archaeological science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I never said that Archeology wasn't a science. Quite the opposite. As a science it takes the evidence & seeks to find where it goes in the overall picture. Religious Archeology, on the other hand, already has the picture & seeks to find evidence to substantiate it, in much the same way as a Roman Mosaic. The pieces don't have to fit precisely - just so long as they're the right sort of colour.

As far as your link is concerned, I don't see any mention of Biblical or Religious Archeology in there whatsoever. I even did a Search Page for "Bib" & "Relig" - nothing.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Here's a little something I got banned for 5 years ago;

Biblical Archaeology; the most stunning proof of God. | ReligiousForums.com
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Doing this one in 2011 was fun;

Biblical Archaeology. - Spiritual Forums
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Hey, here's the oldest known religion, some 70,000 years old!

afrol News - World's oldest religion discovered in Botswana
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

'Evidence' of religious based forums is less than no evidence at all. "Preaching to the choir", as the saying goes. It's like Pahu continuously using Creationist websites as 'proof'. Both your first ones are Religious websites & can therefore be discounted. The one regarding Botswana is Archeology, not Religious Archeology. The evidence shows that they had a Religion back then. It does not serve, nor does it seek to serve to use the evidence to prove the existence of a God - just that the people of the time had a God figure. I have no problem with that.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1480288 wrote: 'Evidence' of religious based forums is less than no evidence at all. "Preaching to the choir", as the saying goes. It's like Pahu continuously using Creationist websites as 'proof'. Both your first ones are Religious websites & can therefore be discounted. The one regarding Botswana is Archeology, not Religious Archeology. The evidence shows that they had a Religion back then. It does not serve, nor does it seek to serve to use the evidence to prove the existence of a God - just that the people of the time had a God figure. I have no problem with that.

The Huffington Post offers decent evidence;

Biblical Archeology

Of course one could look at it through these lenses; Ancient Israel Through a Social Scientific Lens – Biblical Archaeology Society

Or I could offer one of the largest scientific biblical archaeology sites that I know of; About - Associates for Biblical Research
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Science helps establish certain timelines in the bible;

Science Helps Establish Bible Chronology – Biblical Archaeology Society

We have institutes for biblical and scientific studies, because they are not separate studies.

Institute for Biblical and Scientific Studies

Hey, biblical Archaeology is an Academic Discipline all by itself;

Archaeology & the Bible- CenturyOne Foundation, Inc.

PBS.Org's " Nova" program has some interesting scientific views on biblical archaeology;

NOVA | Archeology of the Hebrew Bible
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The scientific evidence for biblical archaeology is out there, and if I had a mind to do it, I would supply 10 more pages of it to this thread , every day for a week; but there is little need to take such a long detour, just to show that someone may not know what they are talking about. You can't " Water board the truth on peoples heads", you can force it into their faces, and cannot force them to drink or absorb things.

Which is yet another interesting thing about the Atheist mind set; it refuses to identify with God, so it must refuse the scientific evidence that supports any lead to God, creating a fine line between rejection of truths, and truths refused because they were misplaced into religious overtones.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1480306 wrote: The Huffington Post offers decent evidence;

Biblical Archeology

Of course one could look at it through these lenses; Ancient Israel Through a Social Scientific Lens � Biblical Archaeology Society

Or I could offer one of the largest scientific biblical archaeology sites that I know of; About - Associates for Biblical Research
The Huffington Post didn't offer any evidence whatsoever. It provided a link to a questionable claim. Following the links resulted in the following story, which supposrts what I said about having a niche & trying to shape the evidence to fit into it:

Was oldest gospel really found in a mummy mask? - CNN.com
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

That Huffington article was great; in my view!

Return to “General Religious Discussions”