Is God Real?

Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

God is not a being. The Bible tels us that God is a spirit and that definitely is not a being. Now that is how the ancients saw it and that is how they put it in the Bible if you believe everything in the Bible which of course I do not.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

I also believe in the Spirit of Christmas not the commercial spirit.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1520769 wrote: God is not a being. The Bible tels us that God is a spirit and that definitely is not a being. Now that is how the ancients saw it and that is how they put it in the Bible if you believe everything in the Bible which of course I do not.

In my view God is a being .,a spirit being , a being just means he exist : he is a personage.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1520773 wrote: In my view God is a being .,a spirit being , a being just means he exist : he is a personage.

And a very powerful personage he must be. Yet the bible describes God as being Very gentle and kind , he is loving and merciful , and very forgiving. This speaks well for humanity, to have a being like that as our maker. God is righteous, and we are safe because of that. When the righteous rule , the people rejoice.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

If God is all of those omnis He/She/ It cannot be a being. Apparently God is everywhere. That is totally impossible for a being which implies a physical object.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

To what does the term "Spirit" belong?
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1520838 wrote: If God is all of those omnis He/She/ It cannot be a being. Apparently God is everywhere. That is totally impossible for a being which implies a physical object.

God is not omnipresent, he is not everywhere at the same time. Why would he need to be? He is not even on earth now.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

That I simply do not agree with. Paul himself said the "flesh and flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom ". If as the Bible says that "God is a spirit" how come I haven't seen a spirit running around if a spirit is physical.? Of course the Bible may of course be wrong on that one just as Jesus was wrong at times. In the OT God said that man should never look on his face. I haven't seen any faceless or a headless body roaming around.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1520867 wrote: That I simply do not agree with. Paul himself said the "flesh and flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom ". If as the Bible says that "God is a spirit" how come I haven't seen a spirit running around if a spirit is physical.? Of course the Bible may of course be wrong on that one just as Jesus was wrong at times. In the OT God said that man should never look on his face. I haven't seen any faceless or a headless body roaming around.

We cannot see spirit.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

What exactly is the understanding of the word "spirit"
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

Mickiel those who keep telling us that religion is false simply has no idea what religion is.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

That humans developed from apelike creatures sounds reasonable to me. Why not?
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1520882 wrote: That humans developed from apelike creatures sounds reasonable to me. Why not?

I am not continuous. with the idiot hierarchy of speechless apes.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

Personally my goal in life is teaching. I'm not interested in converting anyone to may way of thinking. If one is an acceptor of the reality of God that is ok with me. If one is an atheist that is fine with me. You can be a member of any faith group of none that is your business. I do not attack anyone for their belief system, well except sfor those who harm their fellow creatures, Manson, Hitler etc. I do not attack anyone who is simply being a decent human being.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1520998 wrote: Personally my goal in life is teaching. I'm not interested in converting anyone to may way of thinking. If one is an acceptor of the reality of God that is ok with me. If one is an atheist that is fine with me. You can be a member of any faith group of none that is your business. I do not attack anyone for their belief system, well except sfor those who harm their fellow creatures, Manson, Hitler etc. I do not attack anyone who is simply being a decent human being.

Fine ways of thinking and being.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Is God real? I think so , I cast my vote for his existence , rather than against it. People are just frustrated that he hasn't done enough in their eyes to reveal himself. And I understand that.

But he has to have a good reason, I just don't know it.
FourPart

Is God Real?

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1522310 wrote: Is God real? I think so , I cast my vote for his existence , rather than against it. People are just frustrated that he hasn't done enough in their eyes to reveal himself. And I understand that.

But he has to have a good reason, I just don't know it.

I know it. Because something that doesn't exist can't reveal itself. Simple.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

I accept the reality of God and note I did not use the word existence.
Annecole

Is God Real?

Post by Annecole »

It actually depends on your believe on God.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Annecole;1522472 wrote: It actually depends on your believe on God.

I think it does depend on belief , does involve belief. But when you consider God based on other Things like awareness it's still dramatic. If you base it on curiosity it remains relevant. One can base it on history without belief and the God question still is real. What you find in your mind got there somehow , so the God question does not have to begin with belief, that can be added later or take some time or never really be settled at all. We don't always have an opinion.

I personally think it's just a matter of time. Its academic. Its unavoidable. Its a conclusion waiting for its time and place. Its physiological. Its something to eat.

Its a power brewing.
Ted

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

I must be a monkey's uncle. Now I read that rats are closely related to human kind.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

T h e genius of ingredient.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

The bibles predictions are being played out right on course, God is real.
Louise-Rene

Is God Real?

Post by Louise-Rene »

The REAL part is the Belief.
Louise-Rene

Is God Real?

Post by Louise-Rene »

Mickiel;1527074 wrote: The bibles predictions are being played out right on course, God is real.

What you see depends on what you're looking for.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Louise-Renée;1528124 wrote: What you see depends on what you're looking for.

In some cases yes.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Louise-Renée;1528121 wrote: The REAL part is the Belief.

I have discovered that unbelief is just as real and cannot be exculeded for that reason. The Salvation of God is really universal, covering both believers and unbelievers as well. Which makes sense to me. To waste a human life for any reason is senseless and God is not stupid.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1528290 wrote: I have discovered that unbelief is just as real and cannot be exculeded for that reason. The Salvation of God is really universal, covering both believers and unbelievers as well. Which makes sense to me. To waste a human life for any reason is senseless and God is not stupid.

The realness and true greatness of God is seen in his reasons for creating humanity. We were created to have more of a life than we have now. All of us are included. Religions cannot condemn us. Life explains God in our elementary ways of seeing it. God uses life, manipulating it in each individual as he sees fit. Foreging it like a great blacksmith.

God must be an engnigmatic being for sure, I wish I knew him. How he exist. How he thinks and why he hides himself. Why so little exposure and what he looks like. I am so curious.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Jesus said he has all power in his hands, this will ultimately prove to us God is real.

God bless your hearts.
Louise-Rene

Is God Real?

Post by Louise-Rene »

"If you could reason with religious people,

there would be no religious people"

- House
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Louise-Renée;1528349 wrote: "If you could reason with religious people,

there would be no religious people"

- House

I like that.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

God is the real relevant issue of human existence.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1528724 wrote: God is the real relevant issue of human existence.

I have always Said that that the main reason people do not believe God is real, is that they are not supposed to. Not now. That comes later.
Ahso!

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1528973 wrote: I have always Said that that the main reason people do not believe God is real, is that they are not supposed to. Not now. That comes later.Still trying to convince yourself, Mickey?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

Is God Real?

Post by gmc »

Maybe if god talked to him he might be a bit happier.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1528975 wrote: Still trying to convince yourself, Mickey?

Yes still trying and each year the effort yields more fruit, so it's been rewarding. Besides I really enjoy doing it, it often affords me to meet people like yourself, and I enjoy that too.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1528999 wrote: Maybe if god talked to him he might be a bit happier.

I am 64 years old and God has only spoken to me once. I was into my fourth year of lung cancer and the VA said it had gone into stage 4 and it was nothing they could do , and gave me 6 weeks to live. Then they placed me into home care hospice. After 4 weeks of that hospice said I was about to pass and placed me into a nursing home to die. I was feeling kind of sad and sorry for myself and I asked God why he was taking my life.

For whatever reason God decided to respond, what he said was short and real, he said to me, "Your still alive aren't you". 2 months later the nursing home doctor told me he is going to test me because from his examinations I was not dying. He said in fact your health has steadily improved since you been here. He said he does not even think I had cancer. They tested me and I passed them all. So they put me out of the nursing home and hospice put me out of their program. The VA retested me with new mri's and cat scans and found nothing. That was a year ago. So I am still alive , and I think that was God's point. I was scared and listening to the doctors insisting that I am dying but God said your still alive, so I needed to realize why fear dying and I am yet still living? The time of my death will come, but when God says so. The whole experience tripped me out. I wish God would have spoken to me all my life, he has not. I wish when he did speak to me he would have said more, he did not.

Hey so it is what it is. God is not like people think he is. He does things like he wants. But I am glad to be alive and glad that God spoke 5 words to me. I mean that's better than nothing and he healed me of stage 4 lung cancer on top of that. So hey, I got no complaints.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1529054 wrote: I am 64 years old and God has only spoken to me once. I was into my fourth year of lung cancer and the VA said it had gone into stage 4 and it was nothing they could do , and gave me 6 weeks to live. Then they placed me into home care hospice. After 4 weeks of that hospice said I was about to pass and placed me into a nursing home to die. I was feeling kind of sad and sorry for myself and I asked God why he was taking my life.

For whatever reason God decided to respond, what he said was short and real, he said to me, "Your still alive aren't you". 2 months later the nursing home doctor told me he is going to test me because from his examinations I was not dying. He said in fact your health has steadily improved since you been here. He said he does not even think I had cancer. They tested me and I passed them all. So they put me out of the nursing home and hospice put me out of their program. The VA retested me with new mri's and cat scans and found nothing. That was a year ago. So I am still alive , and I think that was God's point. I was scared and listening to the doctors insisting that I am dying but God said your still alive, so I needed to realize why fear dying and I am yet still living? The time of my death will come, but when God says so. The whole experience tripped me out. I wish God would have spoken to me all my life, he has not. I wish when he did speak to me he would have said more, he did not.

Hey so it is what it is. God is not like people think he is. He does things like he wants. But I am glad to be alive and glad that God spoke 5 words to me. I mean that's better than nothing and he healed me of stage 4 lung cancer on top of that. So hey, I got no complaints.

One may ask how God sounds; well I remember a strange feeling came over me, like a nurse administering a drug into my body. It was as if I was high ad a kite. Then he spoke, the voice sounded surreal and otherworldly. But it sounded human to me. But I knew it was not human. It was weird.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

God is real this I know for the Bible told me so.

Simple rhyme simple reality.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1529148 wrote: God is real this I know for the Bible told me so.

Simple rhyme simple reality.

Asking is God real is like asking is history real.
gmc

Is God Real?

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1529054 wrote: I am 64 years old and God has only spoken to me once. I was into my fourth year of lung cancer and the VA said it had gone into stage 4 and it was nothing they could do , and gave me 6 weeks to live. Then they placed me into home care hospice. After 4 weeks of that hospice said I was about to pass and placed me into a nursing home to die. I was feeling kind of sad and sorry for myself and I asked God why he was taking my life.

"2 months later the nursing home doctor told me he is going to test me because from his examinations I was not dying. He said in fact your health has steadily improved since you been here. He said he does not even think I had cancer. "

Souinds more like you were being better taken care of. So you were misdiagnosed, or as you choose to believe you were given cancer by god and then cured to prove some point. Either he doesn't exist or if he does for some reason he is choosing to play with you. If you believe in god why are you afraid of dying? Why celebrate it as god's work if he cures you when he was the one that gave it to you in the first place.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1529302 wrote: "2 months later the nursing home doctor told me he is going to test me because from his examinations I was not dying. He said in fact your health has steadily improved since you been here. He said he does not even think I had cancer. "

Souinds more like you were being better taken care of. So you were misdiagnosed, or as you choose to believe you were given cancer by god and then cured to prove some point. Either he doesn't exist or if he does for some reason he is choosing to play with you. If you believe in god why are you afraid of dying? Why celebrate it as god's work if he cures you when he was the one that gave it to you in the first place.

I used to be afraid of dying but now I am way past that kind of fear. I have already lived a long life so I am much more ready for death. I still want to live but t no longer have an issue with death.

I am curious, you ask me to stay off your threads and I have, so why do you come on mine? Your welcome to, but it seems like contradiction.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1529302 wrote: "2 months later the nursing home doctor told me he is going to test me because from his examinations I was not dying. He said in fact your health has steadily improved since you been here. He said he does not even think I had cancer. "

I know it's weird but God will knock people down only so he can pick them up, and then even more weird the person learns from the experience. He will afflict you just to heal you. An unusual pathology. I can't say I completely understand it. Cancer is not the only thing God has ever healed me of, it's just the most serious. And nursing home care is not better than hospital care, all they do in nursing homes is give you your medication.

I had stage 4 lung cancer that had moved from my lungs into my ribs and chest. I was put in hospice and a nursing home to die, not to receive better treatment. I already had 4 years of chemo. The chemo gave me congested heart failure and my heart was only operating at 36 percent. You think I care about your skepticism of my experiences. I couldcareless what you think. There is no medication or treatment that cures cancer.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1529422 wrote: I know it's weird but God will knock people down only so he can pick them up, and then even more weird the person learns from the experience. He will afflict you just to heal you. An unusual pathology. I can't say I completely understand it. Cancer is not the only thing God has ever healed me of, it's just the most serious. And nursing home care is not better than hospital care, all they do in nursing homes is give you your medication.

I had stage 4 lung cancer that had moved from my lungs into my ribs and chest. I was put in hospice and a nursing home to die, not to receive better treatment. I already had 4 years of chemo. The chemo gave me congested heart failure and my heart was only operating at 36 percent. You think I care about your skepticism of my experiences. I couldcareless what you think. There is no medication or treatment that cures cancer.

You see I know what it's like to be healed from sure death, but I believed in God long before I had that experience, hey but now the belief has personal dealings with this enigmatic being. It did things to me, changed me even more and I was already weird. It did more things to my consciousness.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

I never really liked sharing the cancer thing, because like God, it's just hard to believe.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1529714 wrote: I never really liked sharing the cancer thing, because like God, it's just hard to believe.

I see thongs all the time that make me think ,"Now that's God". Other may see the same thing and think something else. Like watching a slow motion film of a larve turning into a butterfly.. I just see God, another will attribute the Marvel to evolution.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1529750 wrote: I see thongs all the time that make me think ,"Now that's God". Other may see the same thing and think something else. Like watching a slow motion film of a larve turning into a butterfly.. I just see God, another will attribute the Marvel to evolution.

Its official, God is real to me. And the longer I live the more I comprehend.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1529794 wrote: Its official, God is real to me. And the longer I live the more I comprehend.

God is , and it's like policy when you see it, but like nothing when you don't
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1529900 wrote: God is , and it's like policy when you see it, but like nothing when you don't

I have never seen God and only heard his voice once. But in Theism or believers we all understand that we can see God in more ways than one. One can sit on a porch and suddenly a red cardinal swoops down and lands on a low branch and starts to sing. We say that we see God in that, the Atheist sees only a bird. A stunning dynamic exist.

The Atheist thinks to himself, hey it's just a 🐦 bird formed from evolution, no big deal. The Theist sees a marvelous creation of God that took an incredible mind to design and develop. Their faith increased and they like how God did it. The Theist is in wonder and is inspired...

This dynamic is a continual dynamic and interest of mine.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1529979 wrote: I have never seen God and only heard his voice once. But in Theism or believers we all understand that we can see God in more ways than one. One can sit on a porch and suddenly a red cardinal swoops down and lands on a low branch and starts to sing. We say that we see God in that, the Atheist sees only a bird. A stunning dynamic exist.

The Atheist thinks to himself, hey it's just a 🐦 bird formed from evolution, no big deal. The Theist sees a marvelous creation of God that took an incredible mind to design and develop. Their faith increased and they like how God did it. The Theist is in wonder and is inspired...

This dynamic is a continual dynamic and interest of mine.

God does not visit earth now, neither does Jesus. That makes it very difficult to prove they exist, but they both know that. Their not stupid, if they wanted to know , they could easily do that. So I can rightly assume that they don't want the world to know they exist.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”