Margie Profet and morning sickness

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ever hear of her? Margie Profet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite a lady. Her discovery of morning sickness being an adaptation is now widely accepted in the biological and medical communities. Just google 'morning sickness as an adaptation' for a world of up to date information.

A biology genius who never formally studied biology. How could that be? She was an evolutionist, thats why.

Its a mystery why Margie disappeared in 2005 and has never been found.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

everything is a mystery including morning -afternoon -night time- 24 hour....sickness.

I'm sorry but her book says she is an acclaimed award winning scientist.????

Never heard of her nor have I had any doctor mention her when taking care of my pregnancies......how well known and accepted is she?
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

qoute......an evolutionary biologist with no formal biology training

straight away i cant take anything she says as serious and trustworthy..........its like finding out your heart surgeon hasnt been got his qualifications but he has a read a few books on the subject :rolleyes:
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

I had never heard of her. I am so glad that you posted this and after reading about her, I agree wholeheartedly with what she's said, with what I've read so far. I think she's a genius or was. I hope she's still around. Reading other related info has answered some questions I've had and given me some new insight and supported other beliefs I've had. I've left messages for my daughter who is a microbiologist to call me and let me know what her opinion is. Thanks again for that great post.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Zapata;1304198 wrote: I had never heard of her. I am so glad that you posted this and after reading about her, I agree wholeheartedly with what she's said, with what I've read so far. I think she's a genius or was. I hope she's still around. Reading other related info has answered some questions I've had and given me some new insight and supported other beliefs I've had. I've left messages for my daughter who is a microbiologist to call me and let me know what her opinion is. Thanks again for that great post.You're Welcome! And thank you for your thoughtful post.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

In support of Profet:

Living | Darwinian Medicine -- It's A War Out There And Margie Profet, A Leading Theorist In A New Science, Thinks The Human Body Does Some Pretty Weird Things To Survive | Seattle Times Newspaper
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

So let me get this straight ...morning sickness is the purge of toxins in the body so that the fetus will survive ........all I can liken it to in that case, is a dog eating grass and throwing it up.

So some women will just about starve themselves to death and it's a natural phenomenom? Okay . why do some not get it at all? why do some get it 24 hours a day and need hospitalization?And where is the evidence after a 10, 20 ,50 year period where it has made a difference either way. Because you would think that if you were born with more toxins in your body that you would have more chance of cancers and so forth.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

fuzzywuzzy;1304250 wrote: So let me get this straight ...morning sickness is the purge of toxins in the body so that the fetus will survive ........all I can liken it to in that case, is a dog eating grass and throwing it up.

So some women will just about starve themselves to death and it's a natural phenomenom? Okay . why do some not get it at all? why do some get it 24 hours a day and need hospitalization?And where is the evidence after a 10, 20 ,50 year period where it has made a difference either way. Because you would think that if you were born with more toxins in your body that you would have more chance of cancers and so forth.

I'm finding reading about this to be fascinating. A good question, why some women do and some women don't suffer from morning sickness and the different degrees of suffering. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I started at 2 weeks and didn't stop vomiting for 3 months. I lost 19 lbs. I asked my obstetrician if anyone had ever died from morning sickness and he told me no, just to continue eating crackers. Apparently he'd never heard of Charlotte Bronte's dying of malnutrition & liver damage due to morning sickness, 10 months after her marriage. I read this years later. I also read that it tended to be worse with female children, because a woman's estrogen level was slightly higher then.

I had 3 girls and it lessened somewhat with each one. I also had a few miscarriages along the way. I found out years later that I couldn't take Premarin, when I had a violent reaction to it on two different occcasions. Maybe there's a connection there.

Return to “Science”