'Myth Busters' TV Slams Free Energy Devices

CVX

Post by CVX »

From Ted Twietmeyer

tedtw@frontiernet.net

These self-proclaimed "myth busters" should themselves be busted off television for incredibly bad science. And for assisting the oil companies to increase their iron grip on everyone.

The bad Abbott and Costello pair performed narrow minded, non-scientific testing on what they labeled as "free energy." This is also known as "zero point energy." In a recent episode which aired on 2/20/05, they built their own incarnations (read that as "abortions") of well known devices. These devices were the heat driven wheel and the Bedini machine. As one would expect, the charlatans at "Myth Busters" did some VERY bad replications of both of these devices.

Their first feeble minded attempt to replicated the Bedini machine. In NO WAY did it remotely resemble what John Bedini had designed and built. A Bedini machine uses control circuits, massive coils and back-EMF to charge a battery which powers the machine. An "expert" was on hand from a local university to *help* them build it. Oscilloscopes, ammeters or voltmeters were not visible. No adjustments or measurements were even attempted. They just turned it on, watched it for a few seconds as the battery ran down, declared it myth and began to ridicule free energy technology.

Construction techniques used were a disaster. A motor driven cam operating a microswitch was controlling AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE STARTING RELAYS. One would be fortunate to make these power relays operate at 5 times/second. It is physically impossible for these relays to function any faster. Auto starting relays themselves require up to 12 watts of power themselves. There are far more efficient solid state switching devices to accomplish this. Fast switching is required to create a sufficient number of back-EMF pulses to recharge the battery.

This episode looked like a scene from a redneck trade-school. The closeups of the constructed device clearly showed no working knowledge of magnetics, as the small thick coils did not even contain an iron core. Only at shortwave radio frequencies will a coil of wire not require an iron core. The Bedini machine used massive iron or steel cores in it's construction according to photos of it that were online for years. Construction of the device used on the show, had almost no resemblance to the machine John Bedini had built. But of course, the "mythbusters" know how to build everything...as long as you don't take their acetylene torches away.

The show's "other" attempt involved duplicating the heat wheel. Without getting into construction details, their attempt at duplicating the already proven technology was also wrong according to pictures and written accounts I've read of working heat wheels. And these date back at least 10 years. The real working wheels used small propane cylinders, like the kind used on hand propane torches or portable stoves and lanterns. NOT 20 pound RV tanks, mounted radially from the center. No attempt was made to change or adjust fluid volumes, check temperatures or even discuss what their working fluid being used is.

Not one instrument was to be seen anywhere. Their feeble attempt worked, albeit very slower than the second hand on a clock. If they had constructed a replica FIRST of a working wheel, the results would have been far better. Adam (who could be a real life Curly Howard in disguise) took a serious look at the camera for a few seconds, demanding no one send him emails about his work. Who would waste their time doing so ? When it didn't appear to be a feasible concept, like Bedini's machine they immediately ridiculed and condemned it. A large heat wheel may rotate slowly, but it has great TORQUE that can be geared up for useful work. This too, was never considered as a torrent of ridicule on free energy systems was unleashed. Oil companies must have been satisified, especially if they paid thousands for this discrediting stunt.

In both of the above cases, no attempt was made to duplicate a working model first. Instead, apparently they felt "they knew better" about how it should be constructed. Those familiar with over-unity devices know quite well that construction IS extremely critical for a working device to function. And often there are construction parameters that may not appear to make sense to the novice, yet must be followed for the device to operate. Just like your car engine - if everything isn't close to perfect and within a certain narrow range of parameters, it will not start or stay running.

MORE DRAMA

A ceiling fan was used to test another myth that jumping into a ceiling fan could be fatal. A head and shoulders dummy was constructed, mostly from ballistics gelatin. Never mind that the gel is designed to test the stopping power of bullets, and no ceiling fans. You would think the common sense alarm would be blaring loud enough to be heard in the next state when they were building this. Apparently all were deaf to it. And as expected, nothing really happened when the dummy was moved into the path of a home fan blade. That was the myth they were testing. A test using a commercial ceiling fan, such as the fast spinning white fans often seen in warehouses, stores and restaurants did somewhat more damage to the (wrong) dummy. But the neck still was not broken. But this wasn't enough to disprove the domestic myth of jumping on a bed into a fan.

When the two tests could not successfully decapitate or break the neck of their simulated human head, they were not satisified. So the "experts" and their shop slaves constructed their own ceiling fan...with a 3HP gasoline lawnmower engine attached to custom bare steel blades, complete with grinder sharpened edges. When it chopped off the dummy's head (big surprise ?) they all rejoiced as though they captured a living bigfoot.

Truly a new low has been reached by all.

The real dummy wasn't used on the ceiling fan.

No, it was standing on the ground, watching the foolishness taking place above and laughing hysterically. He knows who he is.

We should all be grateful that neither of these guys (or their shop slaves) were around in Edison's or Tesla's time. If they were, you would be reading this about 2 months later, on a typewriter written report in a magazine or newspaper. And by kerosene lantern. I can just see these hyper-coffee people trying to build something as delicate as a light bulb...using an acetylene torch to connect the filament ends to the stem wires.

Having followed free energy research for years using publicly available results, there have been POSITIVE results obtained by some researchers. When these devices function, two things have commonly happened - weight is lost, and the device becomes colder as the load is increased. This known as "negative energy" because the effects of it are the opposite of normal electricity. Although it must be said that many free energy devices have not passed scrutiny, there are others which have passed proof of concept AND scientific scrutiny. The Floyd Sweet VTA is one of the most famous. In front of witnesses in a space of just 4" x 4" x 6", 3,000 watts of power was produced. It was tested using a bank of thirty 100 watt light bulbs. It also lost 89% of it's weight when loaded at 3,000 watts. It was believed to be extracting it from zero point.

Other devices have efficiently broken down water into hydrogen and oxygen, allow combustion to release more energy that required to separate the water. Another device are magnetic motors being manufactured in Japan, which use permanent magnets to generate rotation and electricity. It may be found over time the magnets will weaken and the device will lose energy. But until one of these can be tested in a laboratory in the USA, we will not know.

There are many other devices which can tap into zero point energy we cannot cover here. Some of these have been slapped with a secrecy order by our loving government, which loves oil more than it's own people. The oil people are scared silly by the free energy community and watch it carefully. Oil is what controls ALL of the entire planet, and you can assured they won't give up that control peacefully. The world economy is based on it. Cheney muttered in a press conference more than two years ago, that "the war in Iraq is about oil, and always has been."

FREE ENERGY WORK CAN RESULT IN ILLNESS

I've been concerned for years, that true working devices draw energy from EVERYTHING around them...including people.No one ever talks about the threat to human life. Something like the effects of radium on the Curies, seems to be repeated. One odd thing that seems to frequently happen to free energy researchers, is a serious degradation in their health. Floyd Sweet, a Canadian took ill soon after working his device. The author has learned that a researcher working with a hydrogen closed cycle engine also became quite ill.

If a working device is possible, then perhaps such a device would need to operate in an isolated spot away from where people normally are present. Similar to how a heat pump or airconditioner sits on a slab in a backyard.

Zero point devices may draw from the life force which all human beings have, making them quite ill. The numerous illnesses of many researches (too numerous to cover here) and so-called "accidents" of those actively involved in such research cannot be discounted. Dr. Mallove, who died last year is one of the latest in a long line. His pseudo "accident" in his own backyard was his fate.

Programs such as "Mythbusters" only help increase big oil's grip, by ridiculing any technology that threatens their grip on all of us. The government arrogantly believes that any related technology is too good for the masses, and only *they* should have access to it. Something to think about this week, when you are standing at the pump watching the blurred spinning numbers pull your hard earned money out of your pocket and into the coffers of a giga-corporation.

Ted Twietmeyer
randall

Post by randall »

:-6

Dear CVX, randall first saw "The Myth Busters" in Tampa, Fla. and was more intrigued, amused and entertained by them having been a professional engineer for sixty plus years.

I do not think that they can be taken too seriously - are they meant to?

The hammer dropping into the water AHEAD of a man falling would have little effect at the best of times.

Being at sea for over forty years made me laugh at there "LARGE" boat experiment that a sinking ship sucks you down - only too many of my generation experienced this during world war two and coming from a long line of deep sea fishermen I can assure you that "LARGE" boats do suck you down - not a puny 7 ton tug.

There so-called sea cocks do not in anyway resemble the real thing and it is usually torpedo holes and mine holes - which are very much larger - that make a ship sink fast - or an iceberg.?

It never ceases to amuse me when I read in a story that the skipper ordered the sea cocks to be opened - who on earth has ever seen those mythical sea cocks that can sink a ship so quickly.

Usually in real life and at war it is demolition charges.

Still, I was amazed a how quickly that metal coffin (casket) started to collapse - they are relatively rare in Europe and the Chinese use very large ones make out of logs - perhaps for that reason.

Still it is a good half hour entertainment and that is what I pay for.

God bless all.

randall

:)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, the most popular is still the diet coke and menthos, kids still are popping those off all over the place!
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Mythbusters is a pretty lighthearted show, its not supposed to be the definitive word on whatever it is they are testing.

I think the main point is that anyone who understands basic physics knows that free-energy machines are like perpetual motions machines, they don't work because they can't, you can't get more energy out of a system than you put in it, without some sort of nuclear reaction that converts some mass into energy. Its as simple as that. People that build these devices are well meaning, but unfortunatly there is no way they can work.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
randall

Post by randall »

randall is scratching his bald head over this one.

We were very lucky to have such enthusiastic science teachers, woodwork teachers and metalwork teacher that like "Forumgarden" anything sensible and of interest went.

Two had been called into the war to assist Robert Watts Watts the Scottish inventor of "Radio Location" - now "RADAR"

It was a favorite trick of ours - a class consisting entirely of boys - to immediately ask him some question relating to that subject no matter what he had planned for his lecture.

Then we would sit entranced for an hour or more as he demonstrated with huge sweeps of his hands and covering the roll down blackboard with innumerable chalk sketches of early "Radio Location" devices and the thought that went into their design. He would swoop - not unlike a certain TV presenter today - from one side of the large blackboard to the other demonstrating how the ATS (Womans Army) and "WAAFS" (The womens' Royal Air Force." would turn imaginary wheels at each end of the board and run up imaginary ladders to mark where the horizontal and vertical lines met thus indicating the position of incoming "Angels" (German aeroplanes.) Don't ask me why they called them angels - that has always been beyond me.

But I have never ceased to be grateful for the enthusiasm and energy they implanted into our developing brains to have a never ending hunger for knowledge.

One female teacher, when she asked me what I would like to do with the extra year they were thinking of adding onto our school years by raising the leaving age to fifteen, looked shocked when I replied that I would like to learn to speak German.

"You," she shrieked at me in a shrilly voice, "will never leave home and will become a fisherman just like you father and your forefathers."

How wrong she was. To start with the extra year was never added until many years later.

She was speaking to a shy, red headed boy who was to break the mold in never going to the fishing but joined the Merchant Navy - (and then send his daughter as the very first member of the family ever to go to university.)

He circumnavigated the globe several times. Worked for several German shipping companies, went halfway across North America in a ship to Thunderbay and sailed up the Seine to Paris and added voyages up the River Plate to Buena's Aires and up the Congo to Matadi beyond which no ship could travel because of the rapids.

It is said that one German school teacher never entered his class without taking off his top hat and bowing to his pupils as they bade him good morning.

When asked why he did this he replied, "You never know who is sitting in any classroom. One of them might become a great man, inventor or scientist one day."

One of his pupils was a mild mannered boy known all over the world today as Martin Luther - the man who who was to change the world forever.

God bless you all.

randall

randall

Post by randall »

randall does not know whether he should address this to CVX or Ted Tweitmeyer .

But can anyone tell an ignorant Scotsman what is a "rednecked trade-school". In my neck of the woods we were so backward that we had to serve five year apprenticeships in shipyards or engineering works, until Maggie Thatcher abolished apprenticeships and stated that there is no such thing as society - it is every person for themselves and don't bother about anyone else.

Now companies are screaming that they have no one to replace retiring workers and those that they can get a hold of can neither read, write or count?

Why will you only know the truth if the devices are transported from Japan to the USA for testing - don't you trust anyone else?

I understand that the basis of the "Bullet Train" is Professor Eric Laithwaite's "Magnetic Linear Motor" for which he was unable to obtain enough financial backing in Britain for him to develop it further.

British finance thinks that in the medium term of about five years, Japanese Banks with far more perspicacity think of short term as in the next twenty five years.

As a twelve year old I "INVENTED" a perpetual motion machine consisting of a tank of water with a smaller tank suspended above it and had a tube syphoning the water from the lower tank to the upper one. That pesky thing was the devil to prime.

The water then ran down through a spout driving a waterwheel that drove a small dynamo - or so I hoped.

No one had taught me that syphons only convey water from a higher level to a lower level. We were not taught even basic science until we were in The Academy. Far too late just as they are finding out only now that they are starting children on languages far too late.

I struggled to work out mechanics of how an electrical motor worked - I had no great source of books from which to learn this knowledge.

After struggling for many months I happened to be speaking to a cousin, Robert Anderson of Pittenweem, who had been in the army's mechanical regiment.

He remarked during one conversation that although he did not remember all he had been taught in the REME's he did remember that some magnets pulled and others pulled. That was enough for me to experiment further and within a week I had worked out how electrical motors worked - yet I still had my heart set on becoming a joiner/carpenter - Life's funny.

Another of my self achievements about the same curious age washow on earth do railway track points work. I solved it by gluing or nailing thin pieces of wood like railway tracks onto a wooden board. It probably took me a week or two but I had immense satisfaction in working it out for myself, I had no model train to try it on and no toys were on sale - or at least very little - in wartime Britain.

The nearest railway station had no points for me to examine - it was just a dead end.

The other question I dearly wanted to be answered was what on earth is that "Reference Book Of Tables" that they keep referring to in the "Myth Busters."

I would dearly love a copy.

I agree with almost all that you have written and you obviously know far more about the subject than I do but then computers - the most valuable research tool in the world, are fairly recent to me as the above attempts to explain against a background of being bombed and machine gunned.

I do have a nice (American Made) model of a Stirling Cycle horizontal hot air engine and can tell you that one drove a huge Jute Mill in Dundee (Scotland) for well over a hundred years.

Incidentally, Dundee manufactured almost all of the sandbags used in the American Civil War and when it was over General Grant came ovcer in person to thank the good citizens of Dundee which has a very long raiway bridge curving away ou southwards over the waters of the Firth of Tay.

"A mighty long bridge for such a small town." Was his wry comment.

I also know, from popular and Practical Mechanics that the US armed forces spent a large fortune - but then they spend a huge fortune on everything they attempt even if only to bribe a competitor out of the market like forcing Britain to scrap a whole squadron of TSR2's (Book - "The Murder Of The TSR2.") for the feeble reason that they knew once it was in mass production their F111 fighter could never come close to it in equal combat. The "Concorde" was included in the bribe - it had to be scrapped too even though they knew their SS! transport was too heavy even on the drawing board to ever take off. Otherwise they would refuse their loan to help bankrupt Britain. Incidentally, that loan was paid off in full a week or two ago.

However, the wily French who have never really trusted "Perfidious Albion" as they term the English, had included a clause in the contract that would actually bankrupt Britain if they tried to withdraw from the deal.

Anyway, the US spent a huge fortune on trying to improve the efficiency of the "Stirling Cycle" hot air engine so that it could be used for generating electricity silently in the jungles of Vietnam. I never heard about the final result.

The Rev Stirling was a Scottish Church minister who invented the engine whilst practicing his hobby of mechanics.

During my life I have heard of at least six engines that ran on fresh water or other cheap innocuous liquid but just at the peak of their tests they all seemed to disappear from the limelight.

One disappeared from in front of the White House just after demonstrating to the President how it could drive a car on plain water PLUS a secret tablet. That was made into a TV Film.

The last, in the 1960's was some chap in New Zealand. I have cuttings from the papers in a scrapbook.

In the Merchant Navy the story was that the huge oil companies bought them out or murdered the inventors just as the Israeli's Mossad (How on earth did you allow that lot into NSCI?) murdered Dr Bull in his house in Brussels because he refused to be bribed by them into stopping the development of his huge gun which could have fired shells from Iraq to Telavive.

Money does appear to be the root of all evil.?

Scotland would be independent tomorrow if there was not still a vast reserve of oil in her waters.

Sean Connery is making a film about the great oil robbery due to come out soon.

Just like the waters off the Falkland Islands and guarded strongly by Britain and at great expense to me - and I have worked on a fishery protection ship down there - envied by the Argentinians who, after all, were driven off the islands in the 1830's or so.

BY THE BRITISH! WHO ELSE.?

God bless.

randall

dubs

Post by dubs »

Randall....The "Angels" you mentioned in your post, is a reference to height, rather than to the aircraft detected! Angels 5 = 5,000 ft, Angels 10 = 10,000 ft. Etc etc!......Very interesting read, thanks.

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
randall

Post by randall »

Thanks a million Dubs for enlightening me on what "Angels" are in RAF terms.

I find that sometimes - such in this case - even after sixty odd years I get an answer to my question.

God bless

randall

Return to “Science”