Proffesor Ian Wilmut licensed to clone human embryo

polycarp

Post by polycarp »

Professor Ian Wilmut , who clone Dolly the Sheep and Kings College London scientists have been granted license to clone early stage human embryos to study motor neurone disease (MND).

Critics maintain that testing human embryos is immoral. Others question the potential benefits of the work.

Professor Wilmut said it will mean MND can be studied in unprecedented detail.

What's your opinion?
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
gmc

Post by gmc »

Professor Wilmut said it will mean MND can be studied in unprecedented detail.

What's your opinion?

Ambivalent, can understand the potential benefits but like any technology can be badly used. Do a search under eugenics if you want an eye opener. It's nt just the Nazis that did things we would find immoral today. Just imagine what some of these guys would have done with genetic manipulation.

On a lighter nite hopefully theybwill be able to clone a brain cell to share amongst the Edinburgh city councillors.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I'm so very opposed to this sort of thing. Cloning sheep is just the beginning, now we are going to clone humans? Talk about a recipe for a "God complex." :yh_ooooo
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Return to “Science”