Question about Space Flotsam

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I have a serious question, even though it might sound silly. How much junk do we (as in NASA) send into space to just float around? I was just reading about a refrigerator sized metal box object that the space station is releasing, only to let it go wherever it may. They're not bringing it home. They considered the environmental impact but they're still junking up space with it.

Here's the stupid part....if we sent enough up there,removing that weight from the earth, would the earth move or shift in space? Would we throw it off kilter?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

There is alot of junk up there, it will eventually burn up in the atmosphere. Hopefully, all of it.

It will not move the Earth's orbit any, I had never heard of that before. I don't think we could send enough up there.
Mia

Post by Mia »

This is a bit of an issue for me sorry if it offends.Why are they spending so much money on this kind of thing when there is so much povertyy in our own world?

Ok so we need the star wars thing in case of nucllear attack,but as far as the rest goes,I think the money should be spent on our planet.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Mia;664384 wrote: This is a bit of an issue for me sorry if it offends.Why are they spending so much money on this kind of thing when there is so much povertyy in our own world?

Ok so we need the star wars thing in case of nucllear attack,but as far as the rest goes,I think the money should be spent on our planet.

totally agree :-6

mind you i think they should spend more on killer astroid defense ,the dinosours never and look what happened to them :-3:-3

sorry spell checker not working :o
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm one to encourage space exploration but it's the talk of space "colonization" that troubles me. We can't get it right down here, we send our trash up there so what makes us think we can get it right up there?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

RedGlitter;664395 wrote: I'm one to encourage space exploration but it's the talk of space "colonization" that troubles me. We can't get it right down here, we send our trash up there so what makes us think we can get it right up there?

I can think of many reasons for ostracizing people from our planet and using them to colonize say the moon for example.

Im making a list now.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Science”