Spontaneous Human Combustion

Lon

Post by Lon »

Have any of you had a personal experience with "Spontaneous Human Combustion"?
Cass

Post by Cass »

Well I have been having hot flashes. :thinking: but other than that, no.

It is a pretty freaky phenomenon from what I have heard.

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

>>^..^ Well I have been having hot flashes. :thinking: but other than that, no.

It is a pretty freaky phenomenon from what I have heard.

haha! great reply!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Not that i know of, would that mean death? or a partial burning of the body, its pretty disgusting i know that much...Pop!
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Paula wrote: Not that i know of, would that mean death? or a partial burning of the body, its pretty disgusting i know that much...Pop!
Not partial, complete burning of the human body, reducing it to nothing more than 6 to 8 pounds of creamated remains. Many documented cases of this occuring worldwide. Many theories on why this occurs, but the best explanation so far, in my view, is the so called "Wick Effect".

I have personally witnessed this phenomenon.

What makes this disgusting to you Paula?
abbey

Post by abbey »

Lon wrote: Many theories on why this occurs, but the best explanation so far, in my view, is the so called "Wick Effect".
Lon, why do they call it the "wick effect"?

I have personally witnessed this phenomenon.
Do tell us more.
persephone

Post by persephone »

Lon wrote: I have personally witnessed this phenomenon.Yes, tell us more, what happened, I didn't think anyone had ever witnessed it happen, but then the book was rubbish.

The closest I been to it is the man farting :D
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
abbey

Post by abbey »

letha wrote: The closest I been to it is the man farting :D :wah: :wah:

I knew a guy who lit them!!...SCAREY :eek:
Lon

Post by Lon »

abbey wrote: Lon, why do they call it the "wick effect"?

Do tell us more.
The theory (developed by the F.B.I.) is that the body for some unexplicable reason will burn like a candle.

The case that I was involved in was 1963. A 60 year old executive, in a mountain home with no exterior signs of a fire, had been consumed by a fire that was limited to a 3 ft. by 4ft area of a tongue and groove oak plank floor. His 7 lbs. of cremated remains were beneath the flooring. He had weighed about 205 lbs prior. Sunday newspapers were on the floor, scorched, but not burned, televison set still on. Danish Modern chair with Kapok cushions was missing and presumed burned. Heat was so intense, plastic tooth brush handles in another part of the house were melted out of shape, sliding glass doors were cracked, as were most of the windows. No combustibles were found at the scene. There were no open windows or doors and it was presumed that the fire had consumed all the oxygen and then extinguished itself. After a lengthy investigation, the death certifcate merely said "Accidental Death".
Lon

Post by Lon »

letha wrote: Yes, tell us more, what happened, I didn't think anyone had ever witnessed it happen, but then the book was rubbish.

The closest I been to it is the man farting :D
Sorry, I witnessed this event after the fact, not during.
persephone

Post by persephone »

I just looked it up, and there doesn't seem to be eye witenesses, although there has been a survivor.

Guess it was horrible to see the aftermath.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Cass

Post by Cass »

letha wrote:

Guess it was horrible to see the aftermath.
Guess it was worse to be the victim!!

I have seen some shows on it, very strange thing that it is - intense fire and heat but localized (ie) does not spread through the room.. upper half of the body reduced to ash including bones yet lower half unscathed... bizarre!
persephone

Post by persephone »

In 1944 Peter Jones, survived this experience and reported that there was no sensation of heat nor sighting of flames. He just saw smoke. He stated that he felt no pain. from http://www.crystalinks.com/shc.html

I've only ever seen photo's in books (I'm morbid and love this stuff) but seems to leave all sorts of bits, legs, arms, bits of torso... That's what makes the photo's so interesting.

I'm puzzled about this Peter Jones though.
persephone

Post by persephone »

A whole load of cases I just found these, they had witnesses.
Paula

Post by Paula »

What makes this disgusting to you Paula?

Isn't it like a Giant Fart! Ba-BOOM? To have such gas and explode in flames...you don't think that is gross?
Cass

Post by Cass »

Paula wrote: Isn't it like a Giant Fart! Ba-BOOM? To have such gas and explode in flames...you don't think that is gross? Paula, you think this person had bad gas?

Paula

Post by Paula »

I've seen that photo? Explain if you know? Sounds like you know about it? :-3
Cass

Post by Cass »

Paula wrote: I've seen that photo? Explain if you know? Sounds like you know about it? :-3
Just what I have read on the net

--------

On July 2nd 1951 remains were found of a 67 year old widower named Mary Reeser.

Her burnt smouldering remains were found by her Neighbor and some house painters. She had been sitting in an easy chair when the incident happened. Her left foot still wearing a slipper remained intact and only the corner of the room and the chair she was sitting in had been burnt.

Firemen, police and pathologists examined Mrs. Reeser's remains and also found her liver which was fused to a lump of vertebrae and her skull which had been shrunk to the size of a baseball by the unusually intense heat.

The the walls of the apartment were covered with a greasy substance, plastic switches had melted along with two candles which the wicks had been left unburnt.

There was only a small circular burn area which encompassed the remains of Mrs. Reeser and her chair. For such a cremation experts say that a temperature of 2500 degrees is necessary.

A cigarette accidently dropped whilst asleep would never of caused such heat. The true cause of the burning death of Mrs. Reeser is still unknown. She is the most famous case of Spontaneous Human Combustion.

persephone

Post by persephone »

In the ones I just put a link to, says one was just sat at the breakfast table with her dad and puff, bright light smoke and flames.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

lends new meaning to "too hot not to cool down" :D
Paula

Post by Paula »

Thank you for reporting, i knew about this already. I don't smoke anymore, my chances of igniting myself are slim. I don't eat a steady diet of beans so if i need to release some gas i come here and laugh! No other comments for now! People don't wear labels "contents under pressure." Thats on the spray can for the bathroom...hahahahaha :-2 Maybe there should be fire extinguishers too!
Cass

Post by Cass »

Always good to have a wet blanket standing by. You never know.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Talking about GAS, lets re-live this Thread. Spontaneous HUMAN Combustion. Oh my god can you smell that smell. Boy does that STINK. :wah:
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

BR will tell you, I'll probobly go out like that. Especially since she smokes and all it might take would be a spark. :wah: I've heard of cows doing it too, but they say it's from the amount of methane gas they produce. :eek: :yh_sick It's in the gallons.
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Bullet wrote: BR will tell you, I'll probobly go out like that. Especially since she smokes and all it might take would be a spark. :wah: I've heard of cows doing it too, but they say it's from the amount of methane gas they produce. :eek: :yh_sick It's in the gallons.And how do you differ from that? You could power a small city with the amount of gas you produce!! (I GOTTA learn to ride this summer. Another season riding behind you is gonna kill me...) :yh_rotfl
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Paula

Post by Paula »

Human Combustion, i never heard of animals burning up? :wah:
David813

Post by David813 »

I've heard of SHC and seen the television documentaries on the subject but I'm unconvinced. I don't believe a human being can self ignite. Of course if a person is in an already burning environment we can burn quite well! But suddenly bursting into flames? I may be the next 'victim' of SHC for saying this but I don't buy it.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

well we did have one FLAMER here recently. :D
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

lady cop wrote: well we did have one FLAMER here recently. :D:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
Paula

Post by Paula »

gay subject, had to be the only flamer i know about. Damn it all LC leave it to you to mention FLAMER. Its always good to mix the mess up! People just want to talk about people! Hello, i'm feeling spontaneous. Is that OKAY. :wah:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Paula wrote: gay subject, had to be the only flamer i know about. Damn it all LC leave it to you to mention FLAMER. Its always good to mix the mess up! People just want to talk about people! Hello, i'm feeling spontaneous. Is that OKAY. :wah: Paula, i wasn't referring to a gay person. :-2
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

lady cop wrote: Paula, i wasn't referring to a gay person. :-2
The thread is about people making an ash of themselves, surely Paula qualify's :)
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D

Return to “Science”