Cloaking ~~~ A Mathematical Reality

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Metamaterial Electromagnetic Cloak at Microwave Frequencies

D. Schurig,1 J. J. Mock,1 B. J. Justice,1 S. A. Cummer,1 J. B. Pendry,2 A. F. Starr,3 D. R. Smith1*

A recently published theory has suggested that a cloak of invisibility is in principle possible, at least over a narrow frequency band. We describe here the first practical realization of such a cloak; in our demonstration, a copper cylinder was "hidden" inside a cloak constructed according to the previous theoretical prescription. The cloak was constructed with the use of artificially structured metamaterials, designed for operation over a band of microwave frequencies. The cloak decreased scattering from the hidden object while at the same time reducing its shadow, so that the cloak and object combined began to resemble empty space.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

You mean you are using microwaves to be invisible, instead of cooking me dinner!:D
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

The manual sais no metal products in the microwave.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

That includes tinfoil too, Nomad..........................
minks

Post by minks »

oh oh too much thinking for you Nomad.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
spot

Post by spot »

He's after a Nobel Prize, all he needs do is widen the frequency band, work out how to shift it down the spectrum and get it working in 3D. It's probably easier to go for the Peace Prize instead, Nomie, fixing Palestine is simpler than Physics.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

well, if all the mathematicians suddenly disappear we'll know what happened.

they might be disappointed when no one goes looking for them though. :D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Ok children.....they have discovered a way to cloak objects by bending light. The possibilities are fascinating. Why we could roll right into Syria and blow them up and they would never know what hit them. :rolleyes: Im sure the Army is salivating over this.

On a more practical everyday man level, think of the people we could trip, or the candy we could steal.

Our leaps and bounds are coming in shorter and shorter steps. The last 100 yrs were just the baby steps. The walking and eventually running is coming to fruition right before your eyes, in your lifetime.

Soon enough we will understand what lies beyond the cosmo's and then.............................
I AM AWESOME MAN
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

aren't the Klingons already doing this?:thinking:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

zinkyusa;589809 wrote: aren't the Klingons already doing this?:thinking:

Yes but technically the Klingon's are already in the future even though you know them from the past.
I AM AWESOME MAN
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

Nomad;589813 wrote: Yes but technically the Klingon's are already in the future even though you know them from the past.

oh yeah, good point:confused:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

magenta flame;589834 wrote: nomad I thought that was old technology / theory. bending light so humans can see around corners.

I heard about it on the radio only yesterday. Apparently theyve been able to prove that the possibility exists within the mainframe of our mathematical knowledge and theyll be publishing this week. They've been studying but could'nt publish because they did'nt have proof.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Science”