cloud seeding

Sheryl

cloud seeding

Post by Sheryl »

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, just knew it went under science.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows more information on the pros/cons of cloud seeding. A group of farmers/ranchers have started a petition in our county to stop the local cloud seeding program.

Here's a link to our local story..

http://www.newschannel10.com/Global/story.asp?S=5233743

:-6
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
minks

cloud seeding

Post by minks »

PRO's

we get it done here all summer long, it keeps the hail to smaller than golf ball sizes. Way less damage for us.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Sheryl

cloud seeding

Post by Sheryl »

Have you actually gotten more rain since they started the program?

Since our program has started, we've seen less rain (on the ground) than before the program was started. The water district who is running the program sais they've seen a 9% increase on the doppler. Which cracks me up since it's showing rain in the clouds not what's falling on the ground. :rolleyes:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
minks

cloud seeding

Post by minks »

Sheryl wrote: Have you actually gotten more rain since they started the program?

Since our program has started, we've seen less rain (on the ground) than before the program was started. The water district who is running the program sais they've seen a 9% increase on the doppler. Which cracks me up since it's showing rain in the clouds not what's falling on the ground. :rolleyes:

I dunno, we do have a huge increase in rain in the past 12 - 15 years round here but... how long we have seeded is beyond me.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Science”