whale sharks and belugas!

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i love an aquarium nomatter where, if it's done well and the fish and mammals well cared for.... i know not everyone can see these animals in the wild~~~~~~ this is a great learning experience. i may have to take a drive up to atlanta. do you enjoy aquariums? if you live on the eastern seaboard you may want to visit :) the whale sharks would be worth the price of admission! click on the pic for story~~~~~~

More than 100,000 species of sea life are getting ready for their new starring role at the world's largest indoor aquarium. Two whale sharks -- the biggest fish in the world -- are among the major attractions for Atlanta's Georgia Aquarium, which is the first in North America to try to keep them in captivity. Two male Beluga whales were transported from poor living conditions, an exhibit under a rollercoaster in Mexico City, for their new $200 million home.

• The pulling power of fish

~~~~~~~~~~~
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

We have one like that, with the glass tunnel you walk through and the fish and sea mammals "fly" overhead, in San Francisco, at the Embarcadero. And south of there, there's Monterrey Bay Aquarium.

Looks like you have a better variety of sea life there, with your warm water. Super pics, LC!

All we gots in my neighborhood is cows.
Look what the cat dragged in.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

We have a great Aquarium in Baltimore, I love the fishies!

SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

I've been thinking the same thing -- what a wonderful trip that would be!

I've also thought, and this is due to all the horendous weather the US has experienced this last year, what would happen if this would be hit by a hurricane or an earthquake................

Return to “Science”