Any Runners Here?

WAMOMMA

Any Runners Here?

Post by WAMOMMA »

I started running about a year ago. I got way too fat and needed to lose weight in a healthy way. I signed up for a small local 5K and became ADDICTED.

Now I do two 5K's a month with a 10K twice a year (usually April and October). I have a 7K tomorrow morning that I am looking forward to because I slacked of in August and September. I have another October 22nd, two in November and two in December.

Anyone here run races?
WAMOMMA

Any Runners Here?

Post by WAMOMMA »

Wow. views and absolutly no runners? Well Dayum.
Bruv

Any Runners Here?

Post by Bruv »

WAMOMMA;1371499 wrote: Wow. views and absolutly no runners? Well Dayum.

I ran for a bus once.................. looking me straight in the eye, driver shut the doors.......never again.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Any Runners Here?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I run sometimes.

This Is actually an art In It'self.

I view the racehorses In the pre-parade ring then have to run like hell to get on the course by the winning post for the race.... then run like hell back to the winners enclosure once the race Is finished.

This Is perilous to say the least and I have been know to run straight into Claire Balding on one occassion and a member of some band called The Noisette's. She was wearing some feather concoction that day but at least she reminded me that I had to get some chicken on the way home.

I have also run so fast that on one occasion, I smacked myself In the face with my binnoculars hanging around my neck although I did do a half bob as I sped past the Royal box... There was no-one In It that day, but It would have been rude not to.

Once back In the winners enclosure, I have about 5 ciggarettes to prepare me for the next trek.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Any Runners Here?

Bruv;1371520 wrote: I ran for a bus once.................. looking me straight in the eye, driver shut the doors.......never again. Then, did you do that sort of half trot with a wave to tell all the pedestrians that you weren't really trying In the first place?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Any Runners Here?

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1371523 wrote: Then, did you do that sort of half trot with a wave to tell all the pedestrians that you weren't really trying In the first place?

You was watching me wasn't you ?
WAMOMMA

Any Runners Here?

Post by WAMOMMA »

Well. I did a 7K yesterday and did an 8 minute mile between mile 3 and 4. My best mile ever was 11:55 so I am quite surprised I did that well. Go me!
Oscar Namechange

Any Runners Here?

WAMOMMA;1371578 wrote: Well. I did a 7K yesterday and did an 8 minute mile between mile 3 and 4. My best mile ever was 11:55 so I am quite surprised I did that well. Go me!

Yes, go you. Bravo !!!

I remember running once when I was 4 years old... I was down old Mr Cothards yard where he whittled and tinkered. His cat had just had kittens and I ran so fast all the way home to tell my Dad. My Dad obliged and presented me with a tabby Kitten I called Ringo.... but since then, life rarely presents me with a situation where running Is an Impotant Issue...

However, such situations as The Lions escaping from their compound at the local Zoo might just do it for me.

If God wanted us to run, Henry Ford would not have been born.
fuzzywuzzy

Any Runners Here?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Urrrggghhh I remember my running days, became very addicted ....I'm old now i'll leave that to the youngins ....my hip hurts.
davidross349

Any Runners Here?

Post by davidross349 »

nice
spot

Any Runners Here?

Post by spot »

I'm uncertain as to the meaning of "K" in this context, America still using Imperial measures last I heard. Is it a count of paces? Yards?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Any Runners Here?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1371722 wrote: I'm uncertain as to the meaning of "K" in this context, America still using Imperial measures last I heard. Is it a count of paces? Yards?

Carl Lewis run the 100 metres
spot

Any Runners Here?

Post by spot »

Bruv;1371741 wrote: Carl Lewis run the 100 metres
I assume from the context that this Carl Lewis of whom you speak is American. Did he not do that in some sort of international setting though?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Any Runners Here?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1371753 wrote: I assume from the context that this Carl Lewis of whom you speak is American. Did he not do that in some sort of international setting though?

Are you being dense on purpose, or has International athletics slipped past you ? As the American Carl Lewis might do on his 100 metre dash.

I chose Carl as I thought he was world famous for his multiple Olympic Gold Medal wins..............

Carl Lewis linky
spot

Any Runners Here?

Post by spot »

Am I to take it that the "K" of which I enquired is measured, even in the USA, in metric metres just because the events of the thread are athletic in nature? What very inconsistent buggers they are then. You'll be telling me next that the Kiloton designation on the yield dial of their nuclear devices is in metric tonnes these days in order not to confuse any French force they're aimed at.

I am, at best, doubtful as regards your veracity in this matter: the use of "K" in the OP. We'll wait and hear from the horse's mouth I think.
Bruv

Any Runners Here?

Post by Bruv »

So you seriously think all those US athletes are competing in yards, feet and inches, to the equivalent metric measurement ?

They don't call it the 328 feet dash do they ?
CARLA

Any Runners Here?

Post by CARLA »

All walks and runs are billed with 5k, 10k, there is not absolute way to say it here. Then you have the "Boston Marathon" which is a 10K or "Half Maraton" or the 26 mile marathon in the Olympics so it varies. Believe me we don't use metric much even if it is in "K's" we also put in small print 5K - 3.1miles.

I can walk forever never was a good runner just not a natural at it and it is painful.

I'm with Oscar unless there is a critical reason to run I won't be doing it anytime soon. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

WAMOMMA

Any Runners Here?

Post by WAMOMMA »

spot;1371722 wrote: I'm uncertain as to the meaning of "K" in this context, America still using Imperial measures last I heard. Is it a count of paces? Yards?

Kilometers. Or roughly 4.34 miles. 5K is 3.1 miles.
spot

Any Runners Here?

Post by spot »

WAMOMMA;1371776 wrote: Kilometers. Or roughly 4.34 miles. 5K is 3.1 miles.

Ah. I was confused. The international designation for "kilo" is invariably a lower-case "k". The notion that America has unilaterally decided to use uppercase never occurred to me. Ma foi.
WAMOMMA

Any Runners Here?

Post by WAMOMMA »

excuse me. 7k, 5k, 10k...just a dumb American, here. Sorry for the conusion. ;)
spot

Any Runners Here?

Post by spot »

Conventionally someone wanders by, around this point in the thread, and apologizes for my ungracious or even non-existent manners. Quite often Carla.
WAMOMMA

Any Runners Here?

Post by WAMOMMA »

Not bothered by it...Ive always wondered why we only use kilometers for smaller races. We do have 10 milers, 50 milers and 100 milers (century's) and of course 1/2 marathons (13.1miles) and marathons (26.2 mies) but the smaller races are always 5k, 7k and 10k...
Snooz

Any Runners Here?

Post by Snooz »

spot;1371781 wrote: Ah. I was confused. The international designation for "kilo" is invariably a lower-case "k". The notion that America has unilaterally decided to use uppercase never occurred to me. Ma foi.

Yes, she meant to say she ran 5 kilograms. Stupid American.
WAMOMMA

Any Runners Here?

Post by WAMOMMA »

SnoozeAgain;1371795 wrote: Yes, she meant to say she ran 5 kilograms. Stupid American.

hahahhahahahahahahahahahaha...you will always make me laugh...

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”