Diabetic AND Low Sodium Recipes Needed

Bluerain22

Post by Bluerain22 »

Can you please recommend good Diabetic and Low Sodium Recipes that you know and like?

Also, if you live in Ontario and know of any products (and stores they are sold in) that fit into the above, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
~Amanda
Lon

Post by Lon »

Diabetic Recipes - proving eating healthy with diabetes can be enjoyable
Bluerain22

Post by Bluerain22 »

Lon;1238046 wrote: Diabetic Recipes - proving eating healthy with diabetes can be enjoyable

Thank you, I'll take a look! :)
~Amanda
luciferjohn

Post by luciferjohn »

heres a site kiddo,Diabetic Recipes - Recipes by Category good eating i hope they taste good:D
:driving:lookout smart guy talkin:guitarist:yh_devil:yh_ghost:
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

A large majority of sodium intake comes from eating prepackaged foods. So if you are one who buys meals that are on the go or nuker meals. Anything thats singly prepared there is going to be a large portion of your sodium intake. If you eat canned vegitables those are also very high in sodium. Just switching from canned to frozen vegitables will cut down the sodium intake. Also making your own sweets/breads will help. Salt is still one of the best preservatives out there. So just remember that when trying to cut out the sodium, prepackaged items can sometimes contain 40-60% per serving of your daily sodium intake.

I know thats not a recipe but I never realized how much sodium I was taking in untill I started reading package lables. Hope it helps and GL with the salt issue.
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

TenneseeGirl;1244571 wrote: A large majority of sodium intake comes from eating prepackaged foods. So if you are one who buys meals that are on the go or nuker meals. Anything thats singly prepared there is going to be a large portion of your sodium intake. If you eat canned vegitables those are also very high in sodium. Just switching from canned to frozen vegitables will cut down the sodium intake. Also making your own sweets/breads will help. Salt is still one of the best preservatives out there. So just remember that when trying to cut out the sodium, prepackaged items can sometimes contain 40-60% per serving of your daily sodium intake.

I know thats not a recipe but I never realized how much sodium I was taking in untill I started reading package lables. Hope it helps and GL with the salt issue.

That is the truth! I got told I was diabetic on a friday and had a night out the next saturday evening, reading labels in my grocery store. The worst stuff for you appears to be labeled no/low sugar and no fat - I had no idea.

It's all fresh foods in this house now, even cook my own chicken for salads instead of the processed stuff.

and I haven't used salt for over a year - lots of variety substitutes out there.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

flopstock;1244580 wrote: That is the truth! I got told I was diabetic on a friday and had a night out the next saturday evening, reading labels in my grocery store. The worst stuff for you appears to be labeled no/low sugar and no fat - I had no idea.

It's all fresh foods in this house now, even cook my own chicken for salads instead of the processed stuff.

and I haven't used salt for over a year - lots of variety substitutes out there.:-6

I use NUsalt. Its a nonsodium substitute for salt. Taste is the same as salt.

The thing I have found since becoming more nutrition conscience that is good to do is to make your own TV diners and microwave meals. This way you know whats in it and that its healthy for you.

If only I could make my own cheese....
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”