Cancer incidence progression Vitamin d status.

tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Vitamin D and Cancer Prevention Dr Cedric Garland presents the evidence for improving 25(OH)D status to 60ng 150nmol/l to reduce cancer incidence. It takes half an hour but it is very detailed. You may need to listen twice.

For those new to Vitamin D supplementation Heartscanblog Dr Davis working in Wisconsin finds that women need 5000iu/daily on average and men 6000iu/daily to reach 60ng. 150nmol/l. Of course Dr Davis is a heart doctor and is doing it to help prevent heart disease but if the side effect is to also prevent other chronic illness like MS, Diabetes, that's fine.

I've been using these Now foods 5000iu If you're a man, take one daily during the week and a couple at weekends to get just over 6000iu/d. Introductory CODE WAB666 will save you $5. UK readers need to limit order value to under £18 (to avoid customs duty) which is where the code comes in handy.

A 25(OH)D test after 3 months supplementing will check that you are not taking too little still. Grassroots D'Action offer twice yearly vitamin d tests for $30 £20 a time
Odie

Post by Odie »

I've been on Vitamin D for cancer for two years now.

1000UI as prescribed by my oncologist.
Life is just to short for drama.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Odie;1136534 wrote: I've been on Vitamin D for cancer for two years now.

1000UI as prescribed by my oncologist.
You live at latitude 43 Toronto.

this time of year NO vitamin d is available from sunshine because UVB doesn't reach the ground and it's too cold to lay naked on the grass.

Your current status is at best around 35~40nmol/l 14~16ng for cancer prevention/treatment you need 150nmol/l 60ng just look at the levels associated with the least incidence of chronic illness. while you remain below 54ng 145nmol/l you are more vulnerable than you need to be.

You need roughly an extra 4000iu minimum not 1000iu. Dr Davis who works in Wisconsin finds women on average require 5000iu/daily/D3 to get above 60ng 150nmol/l. and men 6000iu. 1000iu is roughly what you would make in 5minutes sunshine. Do you really think that humans evolved to spend only 5minutes a day outdoors over all those centuries of evolution?

1000iu can only raise your status 10ng or 25nmol/l.

If you add that to your current status you will still be insufficient as far as absorbing calcium from your diet is concerned. There is no way with just a 1000iu from D3 that you can be anywhere near 80nmol/l 32ng.

Get yourself some decent strength D3 from Iherb.

Get yourself tested using the link in my previous post.

Read how Vitamin d may be helpful in slowing cancer progression when used in EFFECTIVE amounts.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

tedhutchinson;1136979 wrote: You live at latitude 43 Toronto.

this time of year NO vitamin d is available from sunshine because UVB doesn't reach the ground and it's too cold to lay naked on the grass.

Your current status is at best around 35~40nmol/l 14~16ng for cancer prevention/treatment you need 150nmol/l 60ng just look at the levels associated with the least incidence of chronic illness. while you remain below 54ng 145nmol/l you are more vulnerable than you need to be.

You need roughly an extra 4000iu minimum not 1000iu. Dr Davis who works in Wisconsin finds women on average require 5000iu/daily/D3 to get above 60ng 150nmol/l. and men 6000iu. 1000iu is roughly what you would make in 5minutes sunshine. Do you really think that humans evolved to spend only 5minutes a day outdoors over all those centuries of evolution?

1000iu can only raise your status 10ng or 25nmol/l.

If you add that to your current status you will still be insufficient as far as absorbing calcium from your diet is concerned. There is no way with just a 1000iu from D3 that you can be anywhere near 80nmol/l 32ng.

Get yourself some decent strength D3 from Iherb.

Get yourself tested using the link in my previous post.

Read how Vitamin d may be helpful in slowing cancer progression when used in EFFECTIVE amounts.

What do you suggest for some-one with cancer?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1136989 wrote: What do you suggest for some-one with cancer?

Vitamin D was just announced 2 year ago for women with breast cancer.

I certainly would ask your pharmacist or doctor.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1137319 wrote: Vitamin D was just announced 2 year ago for women with breast cancer.

I certainly would ask your pharmacist or doctor. I was thinking more of Pete but I'll check the health shop for it thanks Odie.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1137330 wrote: I was thinking more of Pete but I'll check the health shop for it thanks Odie.

Oh I know you were thinking of Pete, what I meant was to ask your pharmacist for him......not breast cancer like I had.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1137332 wrote: Oh I know you were thinking of Pete, what I meant was to ask your pharmacist for him......not breast cancer like I had. Thanks....... I looked at the theory that seaweed can help with cancer as well.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1137336 wrote: Thanks....... I looked at the theory that seaweed can help with cancer as well.

I just googled 'vitamin d for cancer', it is there from the Canadian Cancer Association, but it will not let me get the link.

also recommended for prostate cancer......just google it.

and the amount I am taking is correct, not what tedhutchinson said here.;)

I really think it would be wise for Peter to take it, let me know what you read.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Odie;1137343 wrote: Iand the amount I am taking is correct, not what tedhutchinson said here.;).If when your shadow is shorter than your height, you lay naked in the sun for 5 minutes your body will make, roughly 1000iu.

20~30 minutes generates 4000~6000iu.

Why do you think your body makes that much vitamin D if it only needs 1000iu?

For goodness sake listen to what Dr Cedric Garland has to say on the video and stop spreading out of date inaccurate information online. Your oncologist may be trying to drum up extra business by keeping you vitamin d insufficient but you are a fool if you allow it to continue.

If you genuinely believe your current 25(OH)D status is OK then you won't mind spending $30 to get it tested here. If your status is less than 150nmol/l 60ng you will need to adjust your intake by Serum 25(OH)D can be expected to rise by about 1 ng/mL (2.5 nmol/L) for every 100 IU of additional vitamin D each day.

If when you get your 25(OH)D test result from zrt back you can prove I am wrong PM me your address and I will refund the $30. I can confidently say that because the evidence from the latest researchers proves what I am saying is absolutely true.

Before you reply listen to Whats a Vitamin D Deficiency? and make sure you understand what Heaney is saying in this talk.

The cheapest 5000iu oil based gel capsules for Vitamin D3 are NOW foods. From IHERB they are around $8.80 code WAB666 will save you $5. UK readers have to limit order to 3 packs (using that code) or they may have to pay customs duty on orders over £18.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

oscar;1137330 wrote: I was thinking more of Pete but I'll check the health shop for it thanks Odie.UK health shops only sell 1000iu at best. As I have explained previously theaverage UK adult has a 25(OH)D status around 35nmol/l this time of year. 1000iu raises that to 55nmol/l and thus anyone only using 1000iu/daily remains deficient.

To get the best protection from cancer heart disease diabetes, ms etc you need to achieve 150nmol/l and that is why I insist simple maths tell us that around 5000iu/daily is needed.

For a child you can work on the basis of 1000iu per 25lbs.

If you're overweight then maybe you also need to use that formula.

It's probable that if you currently have an inflammatory condition or are overweight then you will almost certainly need more than I've stated. But using the 5000iu/daily to start with and getting tested at 3 months should indicate how much extra you require.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

oscar;1136989 wrote: What do you suggest for some-one with cancer?

This article explains what is needed. The important fact you need to grasp is that most cancers progress faster in the winter than the summer so keeping your Vitamin d status at the peak summer level thoughout the year keeps progression as slow as possible.

Remember to that cancers feed on sugar so cutting out carbohydrates of all kinds but particularly refined fast acting carbs and fructose, will help starve the cancer.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Is there such a thing as too much Vit. D? Any side affect to expect?
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Sunshine;1137720 wrote: Is there such a thing as too much Vit. D? Any side affect to expect?Yes but you really don't have to worry about it.

D3 cholecalciferol is the NATURAL form of the vitamin, unlike the prescribed synthetic form D2 ergocalciferol.

There are reports of adverse events using D2 but they need not concern us as no one here would be daft enough to use prescription vitamin d.

D3 is an inert substance and on it's own has no impact whatsoever. It requires 2 hydroxylations before it becomes activated and those hydroxylations only occur if your vitamin d receptor cells require it. The vitamin d3 molecule is biologically identical to the substance your skin makes itself so as your skin could, given full body prone exposure in summer, make 50,000u/daily that is an absolutely safe amount to take occassionally. For regular use 10.000iu daily is a safe upper limit.

In practice Dr Davis finds 5000iu/daily sufficient for most women at latitude 43 and 6000iu for men. At those levels no one can is likely to get above 80ng 200nmol/l.

It generally takes 40,000iu daily for many months to get anywhere near the levels associated with adverse events.

Using 5000~6000iu/daily it will take at least 90 days to replete the system so don't expect to feel the benefit for some time. The problem is that your body actually likes to use around 5000iu daily so the build up in status is coming from sun and diet and not the daily supplement which is only covering your basic daily needs. It's a bit like trying to fill the bath without a plug.

If you needed to speed up the repletion then 50,000iu D3 capsules are available and ONE of these each week for EIGHT weeks only should help. That way you average 7000iu daily, 2000iu/d more than your body actually needs so the the vitamin d3 bath fills faster than your using it.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Thanks. I may just visit my health food store and give it a try. Not a lot of restorative sunshine in my parts in the winter.
Oscar Namechange

tedhutchinson;1137648 wrote: Read how Vitamin d may be helpful in slowing cancer progression when used in EFFECTIVE amounts.

This article explains what is needed. The important fact you need to grasp is that most cancers progress faster in the winter than the summer so keeping your Vitamin d status at the peak summer level thoughout the year keeps progression as slow as possible.

Remember to that cancers feed on sugar so cutting out carbohydrates of all kinds but particularly refined fast acting carbs and fructose, will help starve the cancer.
Prostate cancer feeds on Testosterone..... Once that is depleted, it spreads. My husband was 8 on the 'Gleason scale' before he had surgery. The scale is why he was given 75% chance the cancer would re-appear as it now has. 8 comes into the catagory of most agressive and cells are extremely difficult to eradicate.

We are now waiting for a scan to see if the re-appearence has spread as it did at an alrming rate prior. I'm sorry to sound dis-missive but an 8 on the 'Gleason scale' is very difficult to halt what ever drug or vitimin is used.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Sunshine;1137868 wrote: Thanks. I may just visit my health food store and give it a try. Not a lot of restorative sunshine in my parts in the winter.You may find the Online retailers cheaper. I use IHERB now code WAB666 saves you $5. and $8.80 for 120 isn't a bad price.

Dr Davis finds the solid tablets don't work reliably. Although I didn't have any problems absorbing these dry powder capsules I can understand why people who don't eat breakfast and want to take their tablets in the morning may have problems when their is no fat to absorb the vitamin d3 (it's fat soluble)

You can also find Vitamin D drops that are easily incorporated into your meals. foods.

however I generally go for the cheapest form that I know works.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

oscar;1137891 wrote: Prostate cancer feeds on Testosterone..... Once that is depleted, it spreads. My husband was 8 on the 'Gleason scale' before he had surgery. The scale is why he was given 75% chance the cancer would re-appear as it now has. 8 comes into the catagory of most agressive and cells are extremely difficult to eradicate.

We are now waiting for a scan to see if the re-appearence has spread as it did at an alrming rate prior. I'm sorry to sound dis-missive but an 8 on the 'Gleason scale' is very difficult to halt what ever drug or vitimin is used.Indeed but as we know that higher 25(OH)D status is associated with the best prognosis what have you to lose except the few cents daily an effective strength D3 capsules costs.

If my property was on fire I would want my local fire brigade to attend complete with effective amounts of anti inflammatory agent. I would be pretty annoyed if they arrived without sufficient fire retardants to apply at maximum power or efficiency needed. The hormone Calcitriol can only operate to damp down inflammation in your body at MAXIMUM VELOCITY when there is available an equal amount of D3 molecules to match the circulating Calcidiol molecules.

Your body only stores D3 in significant amounts above 125nmol/l ~ 50ng/mL so if you want your internal fire brigade to operate at maximum efficiency anything under that level means it is underfunctioning . Ideally 60ng or 150nmol/l is safer as it gives a bigger reserve for emergency use.

I'd say you were in an emergency scenario and I cannot understand why anyone in such a situation fails to take appropriate action.

So I presume if your car suffered an accident because the tyres were under inflated you would say, "Well this car is now pretty badly damaged, it's almost a right off so there is no point in pumping the tyres up ever again, we'll just wait until another worse accident occurs and then claim on the insurance."
Oscar Namechange

tedhutchinson;1138884 wrote: Indeed but as we know that higher 25(OH)D status is associated with the best prognosis what have you to lose except the few cents daily an effective strength D3 capsules costs.

If my property was on fire I would want my local fire brigade to attend complete with effective amounts of anti inflammatory agent. I would be pretty annoyed if they arrived without sufficient fire retardants to apply at maximum power or efficiency needed. The hormone Calcitriol can only operate to damp down inflammation in your body at MAXIMUM VELOCITY when there is available an equal amount of D3 molecules to match the circulating Calcidiol molecules.

Your body only stores D3 in significant amounts above 125nmol/l ~ 50ng/mL so if you want your internal fire brigade to operate at maximum efficiency anything under that level means it is underfunctioning . Ideally 60ng or 150nmol/l is safer as it gives a bigger reserve for emergency use.

I'd say you were in an emergency scenario and I cannot understand why anyone in such a situation fails to take appropriate action.

So I presume if your car suffered an accident because the tyres were under inflated you would say, "Well this car is now pretty badly damaged, it's almost a right off so there is no point in pumping the tyres up ever again, we'll just wait until another worse accident occurs and then claim on the insurance."

I hardly equate that to the illness that my husband is suffering and if i were honest, I'd say a little insulting.

Two years ago, my husband was given 9 months to live without radical open surgery. Prostate cancer is silent. There are very few symptoms. By the time most men notice symptoms, it is too late and the cancer has spread. There was only one thing that saved my husbands life and that was a damn good surgeon and the best health care he could ask for.

Now the cancer has returned, perhaps you can explain to me, how your vitimin is not used by Oncology?
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

oscar;1138897 wrote: I hardly equate that to the illness that my husband is suffering and if i were honest, I'd say a little insulting.

Two years ago, my husband was given 9 months to live without radical open surgery. Prostate cancer is silent. There are very few symptoms. By the time most men notice symptoms, it is too late and the cancer has spread. There was only one thing that saved my husbands life and that was a damn good surgeon and the best health care he could ask for.

Now the cancer has returned, perhaps you can explain to me, how your vitimin is not used by Oncology?
there is absolutely no profit in using Vitamin D3. It is made from the biproducts of the wool and fish processing industries and is not patentable.

You will see if you study pubmed that they are trying to make patentable analogues of vitamin d so they can make a profit from it but while until then they will studiously ignore the fact that people diagnosed treated when 25(OH)D status is high have a better prognosis than those diagnosed/treated when D3 status is low.

I can't see what you have to lose, apart from the few $ effective strength 5000iu D3 costs?

If I were in your shoes I'd leave no stone unturned.
Oscar Namechange

tedhutchinson;1138922 wrote: there is absolutely no profit in using Vitamin D3. It is made from the biproducts of the wool and fish processing industries and is not patentable.

You will see if you study pubmed that they are trying to make patentable analogues of vitamin d so they can make a profit from it but while until then they will studiously ignore the fact that people diagnosed treated when 25(OH)D status is high have a better prognosis than those diagnosed/treated when D3 status is low.

I can't see what you have to lose, apart from the few $ effective strength 5000iu D3 costs?

If I were in your shoes I'd leave no stone unturned.

Thankyou and i shall investigate it further.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Although this lecture is now somewhat dated 2005 Vieth Vitamin d talk it does have a section on Prostate Cancer.

We actually now know far more about how 25(OH)D helps prevent cancer that Vieth know then. There are usually one or two new papers published each week specifically on Vitamin D3 and Prostate Cancer but it gives you a good starting point.

Feldman here puts a bit more detail on the story explaining how back in 2005 they thought it worked There has been a lot of work though since then that more than confirms the situation.
Oscar Namechange

tedhutchinson;1139900 wrote: Although this lecture is now somewhat dated 2005 Vieth Vitamin d talk it does have a section on Prostate Cancer.

We actually now know far more about how 25(OH)D helps prevent cancer that Vieth know then. There are usually one or two new papers published each week specifically on Vitamin D3 and Prostate Cancer but it gives you a good starting point.

Feldman here puts a bit more detail on the story explaining how back in 2005 they thought it worked There has been a lot of work though since then that more than confirms the situation.

Thankyou..... I shall read with interest.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Connection with Vitamin D and Cancer another 30 minuted video talk in the Grassrootshealth.org series.

I personally disagree with the idea of using 2000iu ~ 4000iu ~6000iu ~ or whatever The question should not be from the prescription point of view but from the patients perspective. The level of 25(OH)D the Human Body evolved to attain and maintain is over 60ng ~ and up to 100ng. so the lowest intake should be sufficient to attain and maintain a status of 60ng 150nmol/l minimum and that should be maintained whatever the impact of other medications the patient is on.

We wouldn't take people into hospital and deprive them of food or water: so sunlight or the Vitamin d it allows the skin to make is almost as important as food/water and access to it should not be limited unreasonably.

Skin Cancer/Sunscreen - the Dilemma
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

I've resuscitated my blog by adding some of the latest videos from Grassrootshealth on the subject of cancer and vitamin d3.

These two in particular deserve your attention.

How Vitamin D Reduces Incidence of Cancer: DINOMIT Model

This from Dr Cedric Garland lasts about 16mins and explains how low vitamin d status is implicated in the initial stages of cancer development

And this from Carole Baggerly summaries the case for using vitamin D for cancer prevention.

Vitamin D Prevents Cancer: Is It True?

The evidence supporting the association is growing fast

Here is this years research on cancer and vitamin D3

When considering what to do I feel you need to put safety first.

We know there is no danger from taking amounts of vitamin D3 below 10,000iu daily.

We know that probably most people will find 5000iu/daily will get them and keep them around 50ng 125nmol/l as safe level because that is where the lowest cancer and chronic disease occurs.

We know also that keeping your 25(OH)D at that level is dirt cheap. even cheaper if you use code WAB666 and then share your rewards $5 discount code with your friends and colleagues.

We also know it's relatively cheap and easy to regularly check your vitamin d3 status. so you will soon find out if 5000iu/daily is too little or more than is needed.

As we know that people with higher vitamin d status have least cancer incidence, have best prognosis for cancer when diagnosed, live longer, have lower recurrence rates and have lower mortality rates. The safest option is to raise status to optimal and keep it there.

Please watch Carole Baggerly's video and share it with your friends and family.
Lon

Post by Lon »

oscar;1137891 wrote: Prostate cancer feeds on Testosterone..... Once that is depleted, it spreads. My husband was 8 on the 'Gleason scale' before he had surgery. The scale is why he was given 75% chance the cancer would re-appear as it now has. 8 comes into the catagory of most agressive and cells are extremely difficult to eradicate.

We are now waiting for a scan to see if the re-appearence has spread as it did at an alrming rate prior. I'm sorry to sound dis-missive but an 8 on the 'Gleason scale' is very difficult to halt what ever drug or vitimin is used.

I was a 7 on the Gleason scale and that was 20 years ago. Fortunately the cancer was contained within the Prostate Gland itself. Thanks to some good docs I was 100% continent in 90 days and sexually active in 6 months.

I agree, trying to stop the progression of cancer once it has begun is like closing the barn door after the horse is gone.

In addition to several Basal Cell skin cancers (removed) I currently have Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma (Waldenstrom's) and will more than likely die with it than from it. Cancer is not necessarily a the Death Sentence. Despite my three separate cancers, I have felt, and continue to feel quite well and have stayed physically active.

As for Vitamin D------------I sure got plenty of that as a youth---------that was before Sun Block lotion and was the major cause of Basal Cell Skin Cancers---------as they say---------moderation in all things.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Lon;1213365 wrote: As for Vitamin D------------I sure got plenty of that as a youth---------that was before Sun Block lotion and was the major cause of Basal Cell Skin Cancers---------as they say---------moderation in all things.This blog post explains the problems underlying skin cancer incidence

and this video explains why the rise in skin cancers is directly related to the increasing use of sunscreens.

Those who understand how Vitamin D synthesis is a self limiting process will be aware that by the time skin burns all the vitamin D near the skin surface will have been processed into products the body doesn't use and so isn't available to repair the damage, hence the association of excessive sun exposure with skin cancer incidence. 20~30minutes non burning full body sun exposure should provide the 5000iu your body ideally uses daily.

Cancer survival is dependent on season of diagnosis and sunlight exposure Your chance of survival is greater if you are diagnosed/treated while your vitamin d status is high.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

25-Hydroxyvitamin D(3) is an agonistic vitamin D receptor ligand.

while it's probable that most people the above research title will not say Wow that really is exciting news it is a remarkable discovery.

Remarkable in the sense that it has taken so long for research scientists to see the obvious.

Our skin makes 10,000 ~20,000iu daily given full body sun exposure.

In order for human breast milk to flow replete with vitamin D3 and babies born vitamin D replete pregnant and nursing mothers require 6400iu/daily vitamin D3.

When Vitamin D3 status rises over 58.8ng/ml 147nmol/l then we see breast milk replete with D3.

The research I link to at the top of this post shows calcidiol, that is created by one hydroxylation of vitamin D3, is a hormone with anti cancer proliferation abilities when it is present at sufficient density. Below 100nmol/l 40ng/ml there is no measurable anti cancer effect but at and above the primitive levels that enable human breast milk to flow vitamin d replete it does.

So 65~90ng/ml is the level to aim for if you want to prevent or treat cancer.

This requires at least 6000iu/daily.

10,000iu/daily is safe and 2~3 months at that level would raise 25(OH)D effectively. Code WAB666 saves $5

A Grassrootshealth D Action 25(OH)D postal testing at cost price
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

For what it's worth, Ted, I've become a strong advocate of this due to your posts. I preach vitamin d to everyone I can. Thanks for all the research and willingness to share what you've learned.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Ahso!;1276668 wrote: For what it's worth, Ted, I've become a strong advocate of this due to your posts. I preach vitamin d to everyone I can. Thanks for all the research and willingness to share what you've learned.I'm afraid the health professionals though are extremely slow on the uptake though.

I hope you appreciate that I'm having to eat humble pie and correct any impression I may have given that 4000iu or even 5000iu/daily would be sufficient.

That only get you to about 40 ng/ml and even though we see that Bone Mineral Density maximizes at that level, it is still too low to activate the hormonal action of calcidiol. That is partly why it has eluded us.

The primitive natural level naked outdoor living skins maintain is to one to go for.

65~80ng/ml as it's only at that level that the research show sufficient cacitriol is available to produce the anti cancer proliferation effect. In fact if you have cancer than the highest level you could achieve without experiencing hypercalcemia would have the most effect.

I used to say 4000iu/daily would be fine

I then thought 5000~6000iu daily would be OK

Now I'm saying the research shows 10,000iu is safe and also should be used to raise status to around 65ng/ml and if you have cancer then 80~90ng/ml is better.

It just makes me furious that there is so much good research showing more than 6000iu will be required to see so called experts still recommending amounts that won't and can't raise status to the level at which the hormonal action of Calcidiol is able to operate.

If we knew that x amount of testosterone was required for men to get an erection and the experts were suggesting only a tenth of that amount was required simply so they could profit from viagra sales we would say they were corrupt.

Well they are currently suggesting just a tenth of the amount of vitamin D required to stop cancer growing is required just so they can profit from the sale of cancer drugs.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I've been following the same research and it's changing almost daily. I was taking 10,000iu/daily for a while and then cut back to 5,000, but going back up is easy enough.

Either way, none of us would have any knowledge of it at all if not for you. Thanks a trillion iu. :)
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
valerie

Post by valerie »

There are some few doctors who are on the bandwagon, I have

an endocrinologist who is great and boosted my intake.

I add my thanks to Ahso's, Ted!!

:-6:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

These links take you to 3 new free full text papers on the subject of vitamin D3 and cancer.

A critical review of Vitamin D and Cancer: A report of the IARC Working Group.

How strong is the evidence that solar ultraviolet B and vitamin D reduce the risk of cancer?: An examination using Hill's criteria for causality.

Shining light on the vitamin D: Cancer connection IARC report. Essentially every tissue and cell in the body has a vitamin D receptor, and it has been estimated upwards of up to 6,000 genes are directly or indirectly regulated by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)2D]. To suggest that there is no credible scientific evidence that serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels actually prevents any cancer or any other chronic condition ignores the mountain of epidemiologic evidence

These are what I use Code WAB666 for $5 introductory discount Approx 1000iu for each 25lbs you weigh is usually sufficient.

Cheapest source of 25(OH)D3 tests. staying above 60ng/ml 150nmol/l seems a good idea, those with a cancer diagnosis probably better around 80ng/ml 200nmol/l.

This paper shows 400iu/daily fine for babies from one month old (approx 10lbs weight) They also found 6400iu/daily required for mums to provide natural vit d in breast milk.

Remember it isn't just cancer, heart disease, diabetes but also all causes of mortality are all lower in those with higher D3 levels. but unfortunately that doesn't mean by taking vitamin D3 you live for ever. Just longer but with better cognitive function, less pain and less chronic illness.
lucasluis

Post by lucasluis »

Vitamin D provides calcium balance in the body. it is the recommended in the treatment of several diseases. cancer by controlling abnormal multiplication of cancer cells and it is reduce cancer in helping.
[signature removed by moderator]

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”