what fruit did you have today?

User avatar
Rapunzel
Posts: 6509
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 5:47 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Rapunzel »

You're still not having enough guys. :sneaky:

You're supposed to eat "Five a day"

That should be 3 portions of veg and 2 portions of fruit.

A portion is the same size as your fist.

Working in a school we constantly tell the kids to eat their "Five a day" :wah:
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

Rapunzel;1281297 wrote: You're still not having enough guys. :sneaky:

You're supposed to eat "Five a day"

That should be 3 portions of veg and 2 portions of fruit.

A portion is the same size as your fist.

Working in a school we constantly tell the kids to eat their "Five a day" :wah:


5?

to much sugar for me, I'm dieting!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Rapunzel
Posts: 6509
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 5:47 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Rapunzel »

Odie;1281308 wrote: 5?

to much sugar for me, I'm dieting!:yh_rotfl


That's why 3 portions should be veg. :)
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

Rapunzel;1281329 wrote: That's why 3 portions should be veg. :)


I do eat veggies, lots actually.
Life is just to short for drama.
mcdoc
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by mcdoc »

a glass of apple juice :-6

_______________________

(signature removed by FG)
(signature removed by FG)
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by AussiePam »

mcdoc's wee ruse

was apple juice

with added links

so who the deuce

will bring the noose

iron out the kinks

and maybe boil

his mortal coil

and cut us loose

from such abuse
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

banana cream pie.:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

2 oranges
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12431
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

what fruit did you have today?

Post by LarsMac »

Beefsteak tomato, sliced thick, I made a nice Caprese.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

cranberries
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

melon
Life is just to short for drama.
Amythest
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:28 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Amythest »

locally picked frozen strawberries.
User avatar
cars
Posts: 10749
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by cars »

Watermelon wedge, pinapple wedges, cantalope wedge, honeydew wedge, grapes, kiwi wedge, and guava wedge.

Every two days, buy a cut up fresh fruit wedges bucket at the supermarket. Love fresh fruit! ;)
Cars :)
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by southern yankee »

i eat a banana everyday.:-4 yum
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Banana, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries soaked in a wee bit of raw sugar and Grand Marnier.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

cars;1289940 wrote: Watermelon wedge, pinapple wedges, cantalope wedge, honeydew wedge, grapes, kiwi wedge, and guava wedge.

Every two days, buy a cut up fresh fruit wedges bucket at the supermarket. Love fresh fruit! ;)


:p:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Nomad »

banana



Along with other fruits and vegetables, consumption of bananas are associated with a reduced risk of colorectal cancer and in women, breast cancer and renal cell carcinoma

Individuals with a latex allergy may experience a reaction to bananas.

The juice extract prepared from the tender core treats kidney stones and high blood pressure.

Bananas contain considerable amounts of vitamin B vitamin C and potassium. The latter makes them of particular interest to athletes who use them to quickly replenish their electrolytes.



Thank you,

Nomad
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bevdee
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:38 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Bevdee »

red grapes. pear
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by hoppy »

When I eat fruit it's either blueberries or bananas. I'm working to crossbreed the two and create a blue banana. It will have the nutritional benefits of both fruits. I'll make a fortune.:)
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1291906 wrote: When I eat fruit it's either blueberries or bananas. I'm working to crossbreed the two and create a blue banana. It will have the nutritional benefits of both fruits. I'll make a fortune.:)


you can just inject blue dye into them.:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

banana cake!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by hoppy »

Been eatin a coupla bananas a day. Gotta cut back. That gal on the 8th floor with the moustache and hairy armpits and legs is starting to look good.:-3
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1298215 wrote: Been eatin a coupla bananas a day. Gotta cut back. That gal on the 8th floor with the moustache and hairy armpits and legs is starting to look good.:-3


:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by K.Snyder »

Sadly, I don't eat enough fruit at all...

Where is Hamster when you need her!?!?!??!? :yh_bigsmi
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by K.Snyder »

A Banana
User avatar
Lon
Posts: 9476
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:38 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Lon »

Kiwi Fruit today----------what else?
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by K.Snyder »

Lon;1298248 wrote: Kiwi Fruit today----------what else?


I hope you're having a nice time Lon, what's the weather like there?
User avatar
Lon
Posts: 9476
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:38 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Lon »

K.Snyder;1298251 wrote: I hope you're having a nice time Lon, what's the weather like there?


The weather has been outstanding-----mid 70's most days with sun and fantastic sunups and sun sets.

This area of NZ is known for it's great weather and sunshine.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by K.Snyder »

Lon;1298253 wrote: The weather has been outstanding-----mid 70's most days with sun and fantastic sunups and sun sets.

This area of NZ is known for it's great weather and sunshine.


Yes I assumed it was nice just wanted to know the exact temperature, which you don't have to divulge as "mid 70's" suits my curiosity just fine.
User avatar
Lon
Posts: 9476
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:38 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Lon »

K.Snyder;1298261 wrote: Yes I assumed it was nice just wanted to know the exact temperature, which you don't have to divulge as "mid 70's" suits my curiosity just fine.


I will be careful as to what I divulge in the future.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by K.Snyder »

Lon;1298265 wrote: I will be careful as to what I divulge in the future.


:wah: You read it wrong Lon :yh_rotfl

Anyway,..why aren't you slapping hot women's butts on the beach?

Are you on business?
User avatar
Lon
Posts: 9476
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:38 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Lon »

K.Snyder;1298266 wrote: :wah: You read it wrong Lon :yh_rotfl

Anyway,..why aren't you slapping hot women's butts on the beach?

Are you on business?


Been retired for 20 years so no business for me here in NZ, just family and friends.

I did slap a butt today and fortunately for me it was my wife's. :wah:
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by K.Snyder »

Lon;1298279 wrote: Been retired for 20 years so no business for me here in NZ, just family and friends.

I did slap a butt today and fortunately for me it was my wife's. :wah:


Oh ok, didn't know you were married...:lips: :yh_wink
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by K.Snyder »

I can honestly say I had the best orange in my life today!

:yh_wink

:yh_kiss<------For The Ladies!!!!!!!

:wah:

:yh_wink
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by hoppy »

Strong, black coffee.:yh_hypno
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Nomad »

Mango & blueberries.

Thank you,

Nomad
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

banana cake!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by southern yankee »

Plum, from my tree:)
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by hoppy »

None but I watched a movie last night that had a gay love scene. :yh_sickDoes that count?
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

fresh strawberry's
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Bill Sikes »

An apple. Five biggish and flavourless strawberries. Some tomatoes, cooked. Some dried grapes (sultanas). Squished fruit in the form of juice.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

Bill Sikes;1314585 wrote: An apple. Five biggish and flavourless strawberries. Some tomatoes, cooked. Some dried grapes (sultanas). Squished fruit in the form of juice.


I find the really large strawberries are tasteless.
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Odie;1314592 wrote: I find the really large strawberries are tasteless.


All big ones are, as far as I know. They're sold under-ripe, too. It's down to perceived consumer requirements. Riper small strawberries have a heavenly scent and a deliciously intense taste. Wild ones are worth looking for, but I have not seen any in the UK for - hm - a long time.

The same goes for "commercial" blackberries, too. I gathered about a pail of "real" ones last year, in the hot sunshine, and they were wonderful! Few people seem to pick them any more here.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

Bill Sikes;1314599 wrote: All big ones are, as far as I know. They're sold under-ripe, too. It's down to perceived consumer requirements. Riper small strawberries have a heavenly scent and a deliciously intense taste. Wild ones are worth looking for, but I have not seen any in the UK for - hm - a long time.

The same goes for "commercial" blackberries, too. I gathered about a pail of "real" ones last year, in the hot sunshine, and they were wonderful! Few people seem to pick them any more here.


a lot of people pick their own here and the flavor is just a huge difference than the commercialized ones that are in a container.
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Lon
Posts: 9476
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:38 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Lon »

I have eaten strawberries every day for the past week as they are cheap, plentiful and HUGE.
librtyhead
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:32 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by librtyhead »

I will go with strawberries. Remember that 8-10 days after the last crop mow them suckus down with the lawn mower if you want a better crop next year. Cut above the crowns about 1-2" rake then weed. Toss some hay over them before winter and next year they will become twice as productive. If you do not your crop will look like buttons. :) this should be done every year.
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by hoppy »

A banana
User avatar
cars
Posts: 10749
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by cars »

Sliced Cling Peaches in heavy syrup!
Cars :)
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

what fruit did you have today?

Post by hoppy »

Another banana:)
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

what fruit did you have today?

Post by Odie »

cranberries
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”