Gastric Bypass

BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I don't have pnuemonia, I am very asthmatic and my lungs are inflammed and blocked inside. I did have plueresey to begin with along with mucus and long congestion.

Humidity makes me pass out I can't take it. It's hard on me.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1125488 wrote: I don't have pnuemonia, I am very asthmatic and my lungs are inflammed and blocked inside. I did have plueresey to begin with along with mucus and long congestion.

Humidity makes me pass out I can't take it. It's hard on me.

oh Barb.......just get rest and tons of water, you must be better, April is not that far off now!:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I am working on it, weight Loss requires LOTS of water so I am drinking away, on a mucus thinner, Doxycilian an antibiotic, And two new inhalers. The inhalers are helping.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

God has seen fit to lay down one more test for me before allowing me tto get this surgery.

My lungs are in bad shape and now I have to tell the surgery team this problem. I will know monday what they will want to do about it.

Right now my weight loss is stalled as they have me on 3 new meds and steroid bursts to help my lungs. Very few people can lose weight on steroids. but I am holding steady after puffing up to 260 again with water. I am confident it is just water and will come off easily if I can get the lung issue under control.

:o
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1134519 wrote: God has seen fit to lay down one more test for me before allowing me tto get this surgery.

My lungs are in bad shape and now I have to tell the surgery team this problem. I will know monday what they will want to do about it.

Right now my weight loss is stalled as they have me on 3 new meds and steroid bursts to help my lungs. Very few people can lose weight on steroids. but I am holding steady after puffing up to 260 again with water. I am confident it is just water and will come off easily if I can get the lung issue under control.

:o

sorry to hear your lungs are still bad.......the surgical team will not allow you anesthetic with your lungs like this.......I was on steroids for three weeks, no weight gain, hope you can get off them soon as they will put weight on eventually...trust me, been there with chemo, that has steroids in it!:-5:-5
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Okay folks, it's getting to be crunch time!

I paid my fee! I completed my stool test, and went to my one support group meeting I had to go to.

Now I have to see the surgeon, and he will give me a surgery date!

:D

Whooo wheewwwww. I am so close.

I had to give up a new clothes washing machine for a few months to make the payment. BUT I DID IT!!!!!:guitarist:driving:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1138246 wrote: Okay folks, it's getting to be crunch time!

I paid my fee! I completed my stool test, and went to my one support group meeting I had to go to.

Now I have to see the surgeon, and he will give me a surgery date!

:D

Whooo wheewwwww. I am so close.

I had to give up a new clothes washing machine for a few months to make the payment. BUT I DID IT!!!!!:guitarist:driving:

see, you almost there, remember way back when you thought you wouldn't hang on this long?

I knew you would.:-4
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

That's why I made the payment... I decided I made it this far I was going to be danged if I would fail.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1138250 wrote: That's why I made the payment... I decided I made it this far I was going to be danged if I would fail.

darn right, I agree!
Bryn Mawr

Gastric Bypass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BarEdul;1138250 wrote: That's why I made the payment... I decided I made it this far I was going to be danged if I would fail.

And much respect to you for sticking it out :-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Thhanks Bryn,

The hardest part is coming up, I have to endure a two week liquid diet for no other reason than it is part of the prep for the surgery.

It's easier to adhere to such things when you know there is something serious wrong. Now I will have to do it just because. :)

Wish me luck on the waiting. :driving:
Bryn Mawr

Gastric Bypass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BarEdul;1139314 wrote: Thhanks Bryn,

The hardest part is coming up, I have to endure a two week liquid diet for no other reason than it is part of the prep for the surgery.

It's easier to adhere to such things when you know there is something serious wrong. Now I will have to do it just because. :)

Wish me luck on the waiting. :driving:

In this you make you own luck - and I know you can do that :-6

May your surgery be a complete success.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Oh did I fail to mention I am holding a steady 254 right now which is cool. I was down to 250 but my doc put me on steroids for my lungs. :-5

So right now I can't get much weight off.

I am impatiently waiting for the surgeon to call then I will be able to set my eyes on a date for this whole process to move forward.

My friend jeanie got her surgery on monday and is doing well. Hopefully she will continue to do well. :) :rolleyes:
Chezzie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Chezzie »

Excellent Bar

Your doing great:-6

Keep up the good work and hope you feel better soon:-6
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1140622 wrote: Oh did I fail to mention I am holding a steady 254 right now which is cool. I was down to 250 but my doc put me on steroids for my lungs. :-5

So right now I can't get much weight off.

I am impatiently waiting for the surgeon to call then I will be able to set my eyes on a date for this whole process to move forward.

My friend jeanie got her surgery on monday and is doing well. Hopefully she will continue to do well. :) :rolleyes:

that is good that your both having it done, you'll both be skinnys!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

Gastric Bypass

Post by Sunshine »

Bar, you are doing great. I wish you continued luck on your weight loss and your upcoming surgery.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I got my surgeon evaluation appointmentment but it is NOT until April 14th, 2009!:-5:-5

I was so hoping it would go much quicker and sooner than this! Now it looks like surgery will be pushed back until June sometime. :(

But it's a date for the evaluation so I guess I should be happy:-6:driving:
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Okay, for those of you who don't know I just had a bout of optic neuritis, This is the second time in 3 years that I have had this condition.

It can be a sign of Multiple Sclerosis. So I am going to a neurologist who says there is something wrong he just needs test to identify exactly what it is.

I already had blood tests as of today and will get a test on Tuesday to identify if I have Menieres again or not. I am frustrated and upset right now as we don't know exactly what to do for me.

The doctor has forbidden any surgeries until we get definet information as too what is wrong. However barriactrics wants me to continue my program and get my surgery evaluation.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1160706 wrote: Okay, for those of you who don't know I just had a bout of optic neuritis, This is the second time in 3 years that I have had this condition.

It can be a sign of Multiple Sclerosis. So I am going to a neurologist who says there is something wrong he just needs test to identify exactly what it is.

I already had blood tests as of today and will get a test on Tuesday to identify if I have Menieres again or not. I am frustrated and upset right now as we don't know exactly what to do for me.

The doctor has forbidden any surgeries until we get definet information as too what is wrong. However barriactrics wants me to continue my program and get my surgery evaluation.

I know Barb, you have told me this, good luck with your results.

fingers and toes crossed for you.

((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Hey all, saw my nutritionist today, He was not very much help I was greatly disappointed in him. He had no idea if his facility had done barriactric surgery on MS patients and he wasn't about to get off his butt and go ask someone else. The dog.

He also came to the conclusion that if vitamin D helped my parathyroid I don't need to see a doc. This guy is not a full fledged doc yet so I d on't put much stock in someone who says well yes the vitamin D helped but you don't need to take it anymore. DURRRRRRRRRR if it helped why are you taking me off it dumm A**

So needless to say I was perturbed with my nutrition doctor today.

Well I have 5 count them 5 doctors appointments next month. Most of which are to resolve why I have pain in my eyes. So hopefully they can figure it all out. :-5

The barriactric surgery is OFF until they figure out what I have. The nuerologist last friday said that something is wrong they just don't have a fancy name for it yet.

Wish me luck as my 15 blood test come back and I find out what I do and don't have.

Right now the test have told me I don't have LUPUS, Sjorgens, Schlerderma, So that's 3 off the check list.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1162758 wrote: Hey all, saw my nutritionist today, He was not very much help I was greatly disappointed in him. He had no idea if his facility had done barriactric surgery on MS patients and he wasn't about to get off his butt and go ask someone else. The dog.

He also came to the conclusion that if vitamin D helped my parathyroid I don't need to see a doc. This guy is not a full fledged doc yet so I d on't put much stock in someone who says well yes the vitamin D helped but you don't need to take it anymore. DURRRRRRRRRR if it helped why are you taking me off it dumm A**

So needless to say I was perturbed with my nutrition doctor today.

Well I have 5 count them 5 doctors appointments next month. Most of which are to resolve why I have pain in my eyes. So hopefully they can figure it all out. :-5

The barriactric surgery is OFF until they figure out what I have. The nuerologist last friday said that something is wrong they just don't have a fancy name for it yet.

Wish me luck as my 15 blood test come back and I find out what I do and don't have.

Right now the test have told me I don't have LUPUS, Sjorgens, Schlerderma, So that's 3 off the check list.

It really is best not to have any surgery until they find out what is wrong with you.

You know I am here for you as we chat away on msn, try and be positive...and I know that's not easy..and whatever it is, well figure something out.:-4
ryan

Gastric Bypass

Post by ryan »

Your surgeon will give you specific instructions on how to prepare for surgery, including guidelines on eating and drinking, smoking, taking or avoiding certain vitamins.

Aspirin and Vitamin E containing medications must be avoided at least 7days prior to your surgery. Specific instructions on this will be given by your surgeon. Carefully following these instructions will help your surgery go more smoothly.
pet food online
YZGI

Gastric Bypass

Post by YZGI »

ryan;1387009 wrote: Your surgeon will give you specific instructions on how to prepare for surgery, including guidelines on eating and drinking, smoking, taking or avoiding certain vitamins.

Aspirin and Vitamin E containing medications must be avoided at least 7days prior to your surgery. Specific instructions on this will be given by your surgeon. Carefully following these instructions will help your surgery go more smoothly.

Lets hope they weren't waiting for this information before their surgery..

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”