Gastric Bypass

Gastric Bypass

Post by 911 »

Good luck, shug!

Keep up the positive attitude and excitement!:-6
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

how are you feeling and how is everything going now?
Life is just to short for drama.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Well, I have been a busy peanut. I currently weigh about 258.2 lbs. I haven't weighed in a while there have been a lot of family issues I have had to deal with.

I am feeling good and doing okay and maintaining my loss. I have to get back on track with my diet and get to losing again. I have been dedicating to much time to business and family and too little on myself but sometimes you have to put yourself on hold while you save the kids on the sinking raft.

Things are clearing up and my progress is after all progressing so I am doing okay.

I Have missed you all while my internet was cruelly interrupted by the bill collector police they insist I pay for internet.. OOPSIE>.. so I got the bill paid and I am now ba:driving:ck!! Yeah!
abbey

Gastric Bypass

Post by abbey »

Well done Bar :yh_star:yh_star:yh_star

those bill police are a bitch eh? :wah:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1001395 wrote: Well, I have been a busy peanut. I currently weigh about 258.2 lbs. I haven't weighed in a while there have been a lot of family issues I have had to deal with.

I am feeling good and doing okay and maintaining my loss. I have to get back on track with my diet and get to losing again. I have been dedicating to much time to business and family and too little on myself but sometimes you have to put yourself on hold while you save the kids on the sinking raft.

Things are clearing up and my progress is after all progressing so I am doing okay.

I Have missed you all while my internet was cruelly interrupted by the bill collector police they insist I pay for internet.. OOPSIE>.. so I got the bill paid and I am now ba:driving:ck!! Yeah!

well done, keep up the good work!

those bill collectors are a bitch!
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

hey gang! Just had to swing in and tell you that I actually got down by 2 more pounds!!!!!!!!!.... 256 and counting!! Whooo hooo!!

:-6 Have a happy Sunday and take care. I love all the support I find in here!;)
abbey

Gastric Bypass

Post by abbey »

Well done Barb, keep up the good work. :-6
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1008974 wrote: hey gang! Just had to swing in and tell you that I actually got down by 2 more pounds!!!!!!!!!.... 256 and counting!! Whooo hooo!!

hot stuff coming through!

you can do this, you can do this!

kayleneaussie

Gastric Bypass

Post by kayleneaussie »

Good work congratulations...:-4:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
Chezzie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Chezzie »

BarEdul;1008974 wrote: hey gang! Just had to swing in and tell you that I actually got down by 2 more pounds!!!!!!!!!.... 256 and counting!! Whooo hooo!!

Well done Bar:-6

Your doing so fantastic hun

Your an inspiration to people out there trying to lose weight, well done:-4
mrsK

Gastric Bypass

Post by mrsK »

Fantastic news :-6:-6

Good for you.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I have my all important medical eval coming up on 10/13 it will be most of the day long with tests poking and proding by doctors. Hopefully it all goes well and they let me continue on in the process of getting my surgery.
Bryn Mawr

Gastric Bypass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BarEdul;1010763 wrote: I have my all important medical eval coming up on 10/13 it will be most of the day long with tests poking and proding by doctors. Hopefully it all goes well and they let me continue on in the process of getting my surgery.

Then one final push and you'll be there - the very best of luck, we'll be thinking of you :-6
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1010763 wrote: I have my all important medical eval coming up on 10/13 it will be most of the day long with tests poking and proding by doctors. Hopefully it all goes well and they let me continue on in the process of getting my surgery.

is this for pre-op surgery, EKG, blood etc.
abbey

Gastric Bypass

Post by abbey »

I'm sure it will Barb, fingers crossed and good luck. :-4
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

This medical eval will encompass going over my history, my current meds and making a plan for the future as too wether there are any special tests I might need like an ekg, sonogram etc.

I know I will need a sonogram. They do those to see what size your liver is and if it has shrunk enough with your weight loss to make it able to be worked around while they operate.

Just to remind everybody I am getting an RNY or standard gastric by pass. I can't do the lap band as my insurance doesn't pay for it. I also don't plan on a Switch, stomach surgery, I can't spell dueadenal very well LOL..

But I am planning on neither of those. The RNY because of the amount of weight I need to lose is my best option. Now granted I started out at 282 and now weigh 256 but I also have to lose an additional... 131 pounds. The number keeps shrinking which is cool. :)

I am hoping to lose another 12-16 pounds before I get the surgery. Which would be wonderful. :)

I will also be getting a metabollic test that day, to see what my calories lost is at resting. I don't get the test really but it works. I will see how it goes.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

hey all, I just wanted to stop by and update you! I went for my weekly weigh in today and I had lost another 2 pounds. I am now down to 254.

I have lost my required 28 pounds!!! Whoo hoo. Now it's all easy sailing from here, I can continue to lose weight and not feel like there is an axe over my head waiting to fall! I am so thrilled. :guitarist:-6:driving:

Thanks to all of your support I have made it this far! See you soon!!!:)
chonsigirl

Gastric Bypass

Post by chonsigirl »

Hooray! That is good news!
mrsK

Gastric Bypass

Post by mrsK »

BarEdul;1013035 wrote: hey all, I just wanted to stop by and update you! I went for my weekly weigh in today and I had lost another 2 pounds. I am now down to 254.

I have lost my required 28 pounds!!! Whoo hoo. Now it's all easy sailing from here, I can continue to lose weight and not feel like there is an axe over my head waiting to fall! I am so thrilled. :guitarist:-6:driving:

Thanks to all of your support I have made it this far! See you soon!!!:)

Fantastic news.

Good for you ,keep up the great work:-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Hey Gang!~

I am doing well. I went to my gastric group yesterday for my Med EvAL. I got green lights to go ahead with my surgery from everybody. I actually am doing great and they are thrilled with my weight loss to present.

I was so nervous about this appointment. I am glad I did well at it. They are talking surgery in Febuary as long as I pass the psyche eval and also pay the fee I need too. It's a crummy $375 but right now finding that crummy $375 is a challenge for me.

Wish me luck in my endeavors.

Thanks to you all :-4

Barb
abbey

Gastric Bypass

Post by abbey »

Well done Barb and Good luck as always. :-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I had a fun time this saturday, no only did I manage to go to a craft fair but I also received a gift from heaven.

At my new size I have run out of NICE clothing. Replacing it with new stuff is just plain stupid as I will have to lay out new money every time I lose a size I would be spending and wasting a lot of money.

One of the keys to weight loss seems to be feeling good about yourself. I wouldn't be feeling very good about myself walking around in miss fitting outfits that made me look like a member of baggy pants and the nit wits.

So I met another member at Obesity Help.com and there low and behold she had two boxes of premium size 22/24 clothing including some fine fall coats and light dress coats.

I am a naturally broad shouldered woman. These coats though they will be over sized will last me a life time and I will be able to fit sweaters under them very comfortably as I get smaller. They will be premium.

Cost to me for the gifts were simple... Postage. I couldn't have paid $26.00 for the items I received ever.

I was so thrilled. 2 huge boxes of clothes delivered to my door step in my size!!
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1026737 wrote: I had a fun time this saturday, no only did I manage to go to a craft fair but I also received a gift from heaven.

At my new size I have run out of NICE clothing. Replacing it with new stuff is just plain stupid as I will have to lay out new money every time I lose a size I would be spending and wasting a lot of money.

One of the keys to weight loss seems to be feeling good about yourself. I wouldn't be feeling very good about myself walking around in miss fitting outfits that made me look like a member of baggy pants and the nit wits.

So I met another member at Obesity Help.com and there low and behold she had two boxes of premium size 22/24 clothing including some fine fall coats and light dress coats.

I am a naturally broad shouldered woman. These coats though they will be over sized will last me a life time and I will be able to fit sweaters under them very comfortably as I get smaller. They will be premium.

Cost to me for the gifts were simple... Postage. I couldn't have paid $26.00 for the items I received ever.

I was so thrilled. 2 huge boxes of clothes delivered to my door step in my size!!

your right not to waste money on clothes now and then just need more, congrats on the great find!
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

OOOoH I forgot to mention guys i got my metabolic rate done. I actually breathed into a machine for 10 minutes it measured how many calories I burned in that 10 minute span and calculated how many calories I burn a day.

The number is 2140 per day. So to maintain my weight I can only eat 2140 in calories Or I begin to gain weight.

To lose weight I must reduce my calories by about 500 per day that will result in me losing a pound a week.

until I get to a greater smaller weight than I burn then I must adjust my diet again. As you burn less calories the less you weigh it's a weird combonation but it works. :)

Or at least that's how I understand it.

:)

The only way for me to burn more calories sitting still is to develop more muscle with my back and lung problems this will be difficult for me to do without severe pain. I will have to work my way through pain to gain muscle for the rest of my life.

It's not an easy concept to digest but I prefer to move than be stranded in a wheelchair. :)

Take care...
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

you have done sooooooo well on your own, ever consider continuing what you have been doing and do it on your own?
mrsK

Gastric Bypass

Post by mrsK »

Pleased to hear about your great news on the clothes department.

I remember my daughter & I sharing clothes like that.

I don't think I will ever get to her size 10 ,but it has been great getting all her clothes as she as lost her weight. And I have lost mine.

Bonus for me I can tell you.

Keep up the great work:-6:-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Oh, Odie,

I have considered continuing to lose weight on my own. I worry about the drastic changes my diet will take.

However, I must admit despite my positive attitude it is a day to day struggle to stay on the straight and narrow. It's difficult Gastric by pass will do several things for me.

I will explain in a moment.

You see when my body gets to 56 pounds lost it stalls. (stops losing) and thats it when I stop the diet my body says Yipee and adds the 56 pounds PLUS another 10 or 20 that is how I ballooned up to 282.

Yo yo dieting has about killed me as I was so very close to 300 lbs when I weighed in at 282 at 5 foot one.

The Gastric by pass will force me to stay on the straight and narrow for the rest of my life. Something I had never committed to before. But am learning I have to do now.

Gastric By pass is intended to be a tool. A life long tool to keep you on the narrow.

You see, I suffer from incredible hunger all the time. It's weird and I can't explain it but the surgery is suppose to help that. Not to mention it will reduce the size of a FARM GROWN stomach. A stomach that is so huge I can eat 4 slices of pizza. (until now)

Since I have been on this diet, I have gone from 4 slices of Pizza to 1 and 1/2. I am so proud. It takes a lot to make me force myself to eat now.

I can blame it on mom for making me eat when I was little and small in weight. But the truth is that was the start of my weight problems. Not the all of it.

I have to take control now somehow and this tool will allow me to do that. As I shrink I wish I could guarantee I would do it on my own. But I can't.

Even now I have been on a maintenance diet to take a break. It worked and I am losing weight again. :) But it takes time. I have been so frustrated with my very limited diet when I am hardcore dieting it is difficult. But I continue to struggle on.

I a doing this for many reasons. One I have heart conditions in my family and I want to see my daughters children. And that's the big one. The rest include, mobility, arthritis, and not having my knees buckle when I get out of bed.

So I continue. But it's with your and many other peoples support and help that i have managed so well. Thank you.

Barb
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

good reasons hun, didn't know it was that much of a struggle.....keep up the great work, you can do this!:)
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Well, I thought I would give you and update.

It's that TOM for me and I am holding 6 pounds of water right now.. It's getting on my nerves but my new slinky black dress looks great on me.

I can't wait till, I lose more weight, I have been on a maintenance diet,:lips:I am now going for a second leg of my diet. It started yesterday and my appetite dropped off nicely. Which is cool.

I will be able to cut back on my eating no problem now.

It's a time consuming and slow pace but I am getting there.:-5

With a possible surgery date of Febuary I am one excited girl. :driving:

It won't be long now and I will be at a much healthier weight. :guitarist
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1035205 wrote: Well, I thought I would give you and update.

It's that TOM for me and I am holding 6 pounds of water right now.. It's getting on my nerves but my new slinky black dress looks great on me.

I can't wait till, I lose more weight, I have been on a maintenance diet,:lips:I am now going for a second leg of my diet. It started yesterday and my appetite dropped off nicely. Which is cool.

see how nice you look now? I knew your stomach would shrink after dieting, you may still be hungry, but you won't be able to eat as much now.

anything worth it takes time, your doing great, just a few more months...and be careful over Christmas..

......to many goodies everywhere!:-5

but I will talk to you about that later......yes you can have some goodies!
Chezzie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Chezzie »

BarEdul;1035205 wrote: Well, I thought I would give you and update.

Hi Bar,

thanks for the update babe.

Your doing so well, you should be so so proud of your achievement. A true inspiration to all those women who think it cant be done.

Keep up the good work babe, were all behind you, we have been ever since you arrived and I love that you love youself in your new black dress...WOW.

Well done babe:-6:-6:-6:-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Christmas goodies are safe and sound around me.... I am allergic to cinnamon and black pepper.

Not to mention my asthma gets stirred up by chocolate and peanuts... So that ruins a Giant block of food for me.

But those are excess calories I don't need. :-4

I had instant oatmeal for breakfast today. It was Num Yummy as it was my fave Maple and brown sugar but in 160 calorie packets so it was easy to control portion size.

Now it's 1:15 and I am jonesing for some lunch so I gotta run.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Oh for any of you who want to lose weight I have a great site for you.

It's a calorie counter with all the foods already listed. It's hard to find a food not listed unless it is made from a scratch special recipe.

I use http://www.fitday.com

All the time. I hope it helps any of you who are also losing weight it is a great place to go and free.. :driving:
mrsK

Gastric Bypass

Post by mrsK »

Great Work.

Keep it up you are fantastic:-6:-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Hey folks...

I hate to admit this but my weightloss had finally stalled. It happens to everybody. Your body goes berzerk and says oh my god I am losing weight! I might starve to death and suddenly stops losing weight.

Not only that but due to that time of the month TOM for now on mine added a few pounds back on! I was so pissed at myself. Then I got sick and the doctor cautioned me to eat right for a while and not to diet till I got better. So here I was stuck on a maintenance diet till I got feeling better.

A week later I decided screw this and started back to dieting. I am thrilled to report the stall is broken and i dropped two pounds. Back down to 258 hopefully with me back on my water pills ( couldn't take them due to dehydrating with vomitng and diahrhea) not fun. ( I was a very sick girl) I will be able to proceed with the loss of the next 20 lbs I am aiming for before surgery.

I am back to using my fit day and confident I can lose this next 20. I want to be close to needing to lose only 100 pounds when i get to surgery it will make everything a lot easier on me when I get everything done. :)

Wish me luck and keep supporting me surely I need it..
Chezzie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Chezzie »

Glad your feeling better and back n track Bar, your doing fantastic..

Keep it up hun:-6
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1042911 wrote: Hey folks...

I hate to admit this but my weightloss had finally stalled. It happens to everybody. Your body goes berzerk and says oh my god I am losing weight! I might starve to death and suddenly stops losing weight.

Not only that but due to that time of the month TOM for now on mine added a few pounds back on! I was so pissed at myself. Then I got sick and the doctor cautioned me to eat right for a while and not to diet till I got better. So here I was stuck on a maintenance diet till I got feeling better.

A week later I decided screw this and started back to dieting. I am thrilled to report the stall is broken and i dropped two pounds. Back down to 258 hopefully with me back on my water pills ( couldn't take them due to dehydrating with vomitng and diahrhea) not fun. ( I was a very sick girl) I will be able to proceed with the loss of the next 20 lbs I am aiming for before surgery.

I am back to using my fit day and confident I can lose this next 20. I want to be close to needing to lose only 100 pounds when i get to surgery it will make everything a lot easier on me when I get everything done. :)

if your daily exercising as well as dieting, you should be able to continue the wieght lose as I did.....dieting alone will not do it all.

I did 45 minutes per day, 6 days a week on my threadmill, speed walking, not jogging, year and a half later, dropped 150 lbs.

Because I was overweight, I started off doing only 3 minutes a day, 4 times a week and gradually increased time and speed, but gradually.

glad your feeling better!
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

because of my back and neck injuries exercising got kiboshed for about 6 months I tore into it too fast and hurt my back all over again :( now I have to start all over real slow again once I have healed. and since I am so close to surgery sigh, that's going to be tough to start and stop and start over.

Surgery will reduce me to walking again.. sigh and with the winter here riding the old bike is out. frustrating but it all becomes a long drawn out process. but I am chugging along getting more active inside than I use to be which is important.

AFter surgery I will have a 10 -15 pound limit for 8 weeks if not longer. One of the major after surgery problems is hernia for those who push it too fast too soon. I want to take lifting weight slowly and gradually so I don't have this complication. The last thing I need is a hernia on top of weight loss surgery.

:( :) :wah::-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

PS ODIE 150 lbs lost is great!!!

:guitarist
Bryn Mawr

Gastric Bypass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BarEdul;1042911 wrote: Hey folks...

Very much wishing you all the good luck in the world but it sounds like you're doing so well on the hard work and persistence side you're making your own luck :-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Thanks Bryn,

I have been sick the last week it makes it hard to get anything in diet wise.

I just want to lay and sleep and eat crap.. you never crave healthy food when you are sick. :-5 but you have to keep on trying or you will never get anywhere.

I took my measurements and have lost inches in strange places one of them being in my biceps which I have not lost in in the whole time I have been losing. It was nice to see a change there. My rings are fitting so much better I can actually slide them off and on easily now. Which makes me very happy. :-4
abbey

Gastric Bypass

Post by abbey »

Aww I'm sorry it's not going too good for you Barb :yh_hugs

Keep up the good work :-6
Bryn Mawr

Gastric Bypass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BarEdul;1044416 wrote: Thanks Bryn,

I have been sick the last week it makes it hard to get anything in diet wise.

I just want to lay and sleep and eat crap.. you never crave healthy food when you are sick. :-5 but you have to keep on trying or you will never get anywhere.

I took my measurements and have lost inches in strange places one of them being in my biceps which I have not lost in in the whole time I have been losing. It was nice to see a change there. My rings are fitting so much better I can actually slide them off and on easily now. Which makes me very happy. :-4

Sometimes, under stress, the body knows best. Just take the gains you have made and then move forward from there - you are doing magnificently and, I'm sure, will continue to do so.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I am back down too 257 from being up to 261 I am happy again 4 pounds in 4 days that is a lot of excess water weight I was holding.. :) YEAH>>> :-6:guitarist
spot

Gastric Bypass

Post by spot »

It may seem slow and frustrating but it's all adding up. You know where you're trying to get to and it's happening.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Hey all,

just wanted to let you know I am still hanging in there.

I passed my psyche eval I had to go too.

I have a few things left I have to do. like. have a sonogram. It won't be long till I have it all done and am waiting for the surgery.

right now my weight is holding steady at the same level and has been for a while. My body has stalled and I haven't given up. I am just waiting for it to start losing again.

Hopefully that will be soon.

Thanks for all the support and I am still here,

Barb:driving:
kayleneaussie

Gastric Bypass

Post by kayleneaussie »

Hi there Barb..good to hear from you again and keep up the good work you have done so very well :-4:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

So hold your hands up and report in who didn't over eat for Turkey day???? :yh_rotfl

Just kidding what did you all have?:-6
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1067140 wrote: Hey all,

just wanted to let you know I am still hanging in there.

I passed my psyche eval I had to go too.

I have a few things left I have to do. like. have a sonogram. It won't be long till I have it all done and am waiting for the surgery.

right now my weight is holding steady at the same level and has been for a while. My body has stalled and I haven't given up. I am just waiting for it to start losing again.

Hopefully that will be soon.

Thanks for all the support and I am still here,

Barb:driving:

we knew you would pass

getting so much closer now, hats off!
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

how as your exercise program worked out?

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”