Why We’re At War In Iraq?

BTS

Post by BTS »

For those who do not know the facts:

When some claim President Bush shouldn’t have started this war,

FDR…led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman….finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy. ..started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us, but Johnson….turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton…went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.

He was offered Osama bin Laden’s head ona platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

BTS wrote: For those who do not know the facts:

[...]

FDR…[blah blah blah]

Truman…[blah blah blah]

John F. Kennedy…[blah blah blah]

Johnson…[blah blah blah]

Clinton…[blah blah blah]

I can't believe everyone gave this a pass, but I won't. Using precedent as justification for further agression is dangerous. Bringing it down to small-picture, since I like analogy so much, I equate it to the driver who does a rolling stop because it's almost a stop, the next driver who yields because it's only a bit faster and virtually the same thing, and so on ... "Why are you punishing me? They did it too!"

Bush' actions MUST stand on their own. We're there now and we have to finish it IMO. But the way we got there doesn't wash.
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by accountable

I can't believe everyone gave this a pass, but I won't. Using precedent as justification for further agression is dangerous. Bringing it down to small-picture, since I like analogy so much, I equate it to the driver who does a rolling stop because it's almost a stop, the next driver who yields because it's only a bit faster and virtually the same thing, and so on ... "Why are you punishing me? They did it too!"

I was tempted I admit, but it's no fun winding up americans any more it's just too easy. I was just waiting for the usual claim that the US won ww2 all on it's own.

posted by bts

When some claim President Bush shouldn’t have started this war,

AHA! So you do admit he started it and there were alternatives:sneaky:

finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

Well no they attacked South Korea and then having kicked the North Koreans out MacArthur ignored all the warnings and provoked the Chinese who kicked the US army out of North Korea. (Wonder what kind of president he would have made had he gone for it) Luckily the Russians were having a hissy fit and the UN decided to send in troops to help out. Even the French sent the Foreign legion who are their best troops.

Posted by BTS

John F. Kennedy. ..started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us, but Johnson….turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

At least you concede Vietnam was another unnecessary war.

You notice the pattern here? When you go to war on your own you lose. When you go in with allies you do quite well.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Scrat wrote: The way we got there was a blatant lie. We even paid for it.
Can you prove that statement?
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Scrat wrote: Where are the WMD's? Prove to me they existed after 1995 and that they were going to be used against us. You can't.
So the defense has to have proof but the prosecution doesn't. I see.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Return to “Warfare Military”