Some thoughts on Suicide bombers.

LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

Scrat wrote:

The 9-11 terrorists were over here because we were over there. They are not trying to convert us. They are killing us to drive us out of their countries.

Before the U.S. invasion, says Pape, "Iraq never had a suicide attack in its history. Since our invasion, suicide terrorism has been escalating rapidly, with 20 attacks in 2003, 48 in 2004 and over 50 in just the first five months of 2005. Every year since the U.S. invasion, suicide terrorism has doubled ... Far from making us safer against terrorism, the operation in Iraq has stimulated suicide terrorists and has given suicide terrorism a new lease on life."

Pape is saying that President Bush has got it backward: The Iraq war is not eradicating terrorism, it is creating terrorists.

The good news? "The history of the last 20 years" shows that once the troops of the occupying democracies "withdraw from the homeland of the terrorists, they often stop – and stop on a dime."

An eye for an eye and the whole world . . . .

Eye for eye you can take one and I can take two. Ian Gillian.

Would be nice if they stopped on a dime.

Lotto

http://com4.runboard.com/blifetheuniver ... inchat.t30

MagicZ4941A

PS why didn't we vote Buchanan for president?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Scrat wrote: Some people wonder why I so degrade this country, it sickens me because we "value" things like "freedom" and "liberty" yet do not have it ourselves or respect the rights of other peoples.
Some of your posts, taken individually, don't show this very clearly. I've been reading them for awhile though, and taken as a package, I definitely see the consistency of message.

The Democratic Republican Party (sure, they made a show of a split a long time ago, but how different are they really?) has become adept at distraction and propaganda. Americans are so convinced that there are two sides, and that those two sides have nothing in common, that any comment or question from "the other side" is viewed as an attack.

A conservative talk show host was interviewing a pro-abortion-rights activist. The activist mentioned that late-term abortion is sometimes necessary for the woman's health; the host asked "Does that include mental health?" It was obvious by the activist's response that she did not hear a yes or no question; she heard an attack on her beliefs, a trick question designed to make her look bad. So she bloviated about general health and freedom. I'm still not sure if health includes mental health in that context.

I've had a couple of conversations here in the Garden where I ask questions that the respondents avoided or took to mean something else. I use other people's opinions to examine my own and ask questions to clarify. Far too often, the response makes it clear that my olive branch was mistaken for a staff. I don't remember what Spot and I were discussing, but it got heated and I haven't heard from him since. I miss Spot.

Excuse my rambling. My point is that we don't respect the rights and freedoms of each other, and expect disrespect in return. Given that, our disrespect of other cultures follows naturally.

Disagree?
Abram Is Muslim

Post by Abram Is Muslim »

Please read that thread................

Did the Bible cause terrorism.....??
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Islamic History Of Europe

Why Im a terrorist.....??Loving Jihad

Return to “Warfare Military”