the fall of saigon: canada's despicable cowardice

MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

Finally I spot a sense of humor in this place!!!!!!
MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

TW2005 wrote: http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?sec ... cleId=9905

A new, well-organized religious group has emerged. And guess what: It actually supports Christian values.
Dividing the Christian faith into one side vs. the other is exactly the reson politics should not be intertwind with faith. It causes problems that Isreal, Iran and other places are experiencing now. Interesting artilcle. i never heard of that mag.
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

TW2005 wrote: A new, well-organized religious group has emerged. And guess what: It actually supports Christian values.Looks good. I like what they're saying. Probably reflects the attitudes of the majority of believers. Thanks for the reference.
Look what the cat dragged in.
koan

Post by koan »

It would take a lot more than an accusation that my country has flaws to scare me away. Every country has flaws. Although I, on occasion, rubberneck at an accident scene, this thread is a little too ridiculous to warrant much attention.

The task of attacking Canada's politics is not a chore of much effort but to choose the Vietnam war as the focus is...almost hilarious. An American criticizing Canada over anything to do with the Vietnam war. :D I'd pick another topic, if I were him.

I suppose that the intent could have been to say that I make broad characterizations of the same type. Problem is...I'm one of millions who feel the same way about American foreign policy. I'm not saying anything new here. I am not the lone voice of dissent. Are there millions of people dissenting Canada at the moment because of our foreign policies? If there are I would be interested in knowing why. I am of the belief that all governments need checks and balances and that the field of politics attracts and/or transforms people into power hungry maniacs. It is the duty of the intellectual to question everything.

My experience on this site in the last few weeks has been: It's ok to kill the messenger. Makes me want to come here less often. No fear involved.
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

The thing is that anything the US does in the rest of the world has enormous repercussions on foreign nations, whether good or bad. As such, it is inevitable that there will be multitudes of international opinions on what America does. Canada, being a minor player in having what it does affect the world, can do something very good OR very bad, and hardly anybody else even notices it. The only repercussions from Canadian foreign policies are generally only felt by Canadians themselves (outside of resources - forestry, energy, etc.)
Hang Man

Post by Hang Man »

why would anyone post this monkey business? We all know how Canada is. No point in throwing it in their faces.

Return to “Warfare Military”