T-72m Ride Along In Syria.

Scrat

Post by Scrat »

This is a video of a T-72M tank fighting in Alleppo Syria. It's just a camera mounted on the turret. I have to respect the bravery and dedication of the SAA tank crews. Fighting with tanks in a city is known to be suicidal for obvious reasons.

So far they're doing better than expected. The tanks hold up well with their ERA (Explosive Reactive Armor), the bricks you see on the side of the tanks and top of the turret. Long vid but it is good.

Syria - Tanks versus Men - ONBOARDs T-72 missions Darayya . ♪HD Sound! (59min +Subtitles) - YouTube!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Probably takes a lot more bravery and dedication to stand up to them without all that armor.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Really? The terrorists are using a lot of old Soviet equipment shipped in from Yugoslavia and other stuff from Saudi Arabia. These weapons are pretty effective, the larger ones are more than capable of taking out modern tanks. In urban warfare the boots on the ground always have the advantage, they can hide in buildings behind walls you name it. Tanks have limited fields of vision and when hit can be death traps.

LiveLeak.com - Syria - Tank getting Ultra-Killed.

Given a choice I'd be the guy on the ground any day.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I've forgotten which side you call The Terrorists. Would you remind me, please?
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Take a look at the last 2 minutes of this video. The tankers didn't even know where the terrorists were.

Death of a T-72 - Deadly Tank mission OnBoard ♪HD Sound!. . Darayya Syria +Subs. - YouTube

Anne. The FSA (called rebels and freedom fighters in the west or the Free Syrian Army) are in fact mostly paid mercenaries and terrorists on Jihad, fighting the war of Allah as they say. They come from all over the world, Libya, Chechnya, Indonesia, Albania, Pakistan, Afghanistan and even America. They are Sunni muslims seeking by force of arms to impose Sharia law on what was a largely secular society. Christians, Shite muslims, Alawites and Catholics are their enemies and are to be thrown out of the lands of Allah blah blah blah. Regardless of the cost in human life.

The SAA (Syrian Army) are the military of the legitimate Syrian government. It consists mostly of everyone not Sunni who would rather die than allow their daughters and wives to be beaten in the street for not wearing black bed sheets in public. They're fighting against the imposition of Sharia law and the brutality that would be imposed on them by the masters of the "freedom fighters'.

There are also elements that are basically gangs of criminals. They kidnap, rob, rape and murder largely at will, they largely use Turkey as a base.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

What a terrible sad situation. I'm very sorry for all their suffering.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Damn!! Intense.

LiveLeak.com - Syria: SAA Tank Takes Multiple RPG Hits

Return to “Warfare Military”