Russian T-80/T-90 documentary.

dubs

Post by dubs »

That's very interesting. How would it stand comparison with Challenger 2, and Leopard 2 I wonder

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
dubs

Post by dubs »

Scrat;1275598 wrote: I think the Challenger 2 is the best tank in the world, second is the Merkava with the Abrams and Leopard, LeClerc and T-90 right behind. Most anything that the Challenger can get a good solid hit on is not going to survive, same goes for any other tank.

People seem to think in strictly black and white terms about this subject and never seem to bring into account all of the other factors. This isn't about dick size here. An old T-55 with its 100mm gun could trash a Challenger 2 under the right conditions. The shockwave of impacts on a tanks hull can damage components of the fire control system, motive system, you name it. What good is a Challenger with a fireball where it's engine used to be? What good is it when the gunner has a blank screen in front of him? What good is it when the driver is dead?

Western tanks are built to take a hit and survive, theoretically. Russia has a different philosophy, don't get hit at all because if you do you will die. Considering the effectiveness of modern munitions of all kinds I think it's a damn good philosophy.

All tanks have their weaknesses, all these weaknesses can be exploited by many different means.

I absolutely agree.. If you look among the youtube vids, it's all, my tank's better than your tank, or comparing dick sizes as you say.

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..

Return to “Warfare Military”