Mercenary

lady cop

Mercenary

Post by lady cop »

hello and welcome to FG....there are magazines that advertise for mercenaries. google. this stuff is not exactly advertised in the local papers, but it's out there. i've actually been recruited at my job, a major company looking for experienced interrogators for iraqi prisoners. at $14,000. per week!!! i considered it for about 10 minutes. try "soldier of fortune" magazine.
abbey

Mercenary

Post by abbey »

Astrothik wrote: Ok I Really gotta ask. How the HELL does one become a mercenary? Do you just say you're one and then you get jobs or somthing? Of course not? Are there certain things you have to do, like sign government papers or somthing? I've been trying and TRYING to figure this out since like, forever!!! :-5 But gos knows I can't find anything. Maybe a list of proffessional orginizations would help, thanks alot! please get me all the info you can!!
Ok I Really gotta ask.

Why the Hell does anyone ponder on such things??

Is it your mission in life to be a mercenary??

Are you flicking through Soldiers Of Fortune as i write??
cars

Mercenary

Post by cars »

Posted by lady cop:

recruted by a major company looking for experienced interrogators for iraqi prisoners. at $14,000. per week!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wow $14,000 a week, sounds like a money landslide!!

But when you consider what your life insurance premiums would be, say like $14,001 a week then it does'nt sound so good!!! :rolleyes:

Cars :driving:
Cars :)
lady cop

Mercenary

Post by lady cop »

abbey wrote: Ok I Really gotta ask.

Why the Hell does anyone ponder on such things??

Is it your mission in life to be a missionary??

Are you flicking through Soldiers Of Fortune as i write??MISSIONARY???? hahahahahaha...and yes cars, i kept thinking how i liked my head attached to my body!
abbey

Mercenary

Post by abbey »

lady cop wrote: MISSIONARY???? hahahahahaha...and yes cars, i kept thinking how i liked my head attached to my body!
OK, OK YER SARKY SOD... :wah:

Don't know what i was thinking about!! :thinking:
lady cop

Mercenary

Post by lady cop »

Abbey, i swear i love you, when i get to old blighty you're going to be my best friend! we will get in lots of trouble! missionary, that's a position eh? :D
abbey

Mercenary

Post by abbey »

lady cop wrote: Abbey, i swear i love you, when i get to old blighty you're going to be my best friend! we will get in lots of trouble! missionary, that's a position eh? :D
Wait til ya get over here luv, you'll find its the only one we know! :wah: :wah:
lady cop

Mercenary

Post by lady cop »

abbey wrote: Wait til ya get over here luv, you'll find its the only one we know! :wah: :wah: even repressed Brits can be trained! :D
David813

Mercenary

Post by David813 »

Astrothik wrote: Ok I Really gotta ask. How the HELL does one become a mercenary? Do you just say you're one and then you get jobs or somthing? Of course not? Are there certain things you have to do, like sign government papers or somthing? I've been trying and TRYING to figure this out since like, forever!!! :-5 But gos knows I can't find anything. Maybe a list of proffessional orginizations would help, thanks alot! please get me all the info you can!!
You want to be a mercenary huh? Meaning you are willing to do anything anywhere for money. Hmmm. No offense there Astrothick but isn't that the job description of a whore? So if I offered you $40,000 to travel to some African country, help violent rebels overthrow an elected government, then slaughter as many men, women and children as possible you'd be excited and take it?! Mercenaries were very involved with the atrocities in Sierra Leone, Somalia, Rwanda and Uganda to name a few places where the people refer to the trade as Hired Killers. If you aren't an overweight 15 year old with Coke bottle glasses and a nice suburban bedroom I'll be worried. Very worried. Have you heard of the word conscience??
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
Bothwell

Mercenary

Post by Bothwell »

This has to be a load of cobblers IMO.

Read too much Andy McNab I reckon. If he is serious my advice, get a plane ticket to any of a number of African countries and ask around, oh and make your will, I will give you about 30 mins to live.

Mercenaries = scum, mostly ex special forces guys who just like the job too much.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
abbey

Mercenary

Post by abbey »

Bothwell wrote: This has to be a load of cobblers IMO.

Read too much Andy McNab I reckon. If he is serious my advice, get a plane ticket to any of a number of African countries and ask around, oh and make your will, I will give you about 30 mins to live.

Mercenaries = scum, mostly ex special forces guys who just like the job too much.Alternatively he could JUST GET A LIFE!
greydeadhead

Mercenary

Post by greydeadhead »

Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.... great tune by Warren Z... perhaps this ummm.... posters theme song.. bwhahahahahaha......
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Lon

Mercenary

Post by Lon »

It's quite easy really. Go to Zimbabwe, join the forces that are anti Mugabe and be prepared to fight against the Mugabe group. Or, go to Burma and join the group that is against the existing government. You may or may not get paid, but you could pay with your life.
BabyRider

Mercenary

Post by BabyRider »

blckeyedsldr wrote: abby you seriously should be bluddgeoned over the head with a dense object most b/c i think it would be awsome but secondly you have no ****ing clue what you are talking about special forces enjoy yhe heat of battle you dont know what living is until you have some one trying to take your life from you or hundreds of guys for that matter of fact dont judge what you dont understand.
In your very first post you are going to suggest bludgeoning one of my friends and a highly respected poster here? I smell a troll, and one that won't last long here.

You owe Abbey an apology for being such an ass.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abbey

Mercenary

Post by abbey »

blckeyedsldr wrote: abby you seriously should be bluddgeoned over the head with a dense object most b/c i think it would be awsome but secondly you have no ****ing clue what you are talking about special forces enjoy yhe heat of battle you dont know what living is until you have some one trying to take your life from you or hundreds of guys for that matter of fact dont judge what you dont understand.Spoken like a true soldier........NOT.:wah:
abbey

Mercenary

Post by abbey »

He has to be British :wah: :wah:
BabyRider

Mercenary

Post by BabyRider »

blckeyedsldr wrote: sorry darlin i dont appagize for anything i say besides i give to shits about you or your little internet friendships. Granted i might be a troll an ******* a mother ****er a son of a bitch or what ever the **** your small undeveloped excuse of a brain ,thatyou so seldom use, can some up with so sit your old fat ass down and go back to hanging on some one elses clit. Its called freedom of speech the thing i actually make sure fat discustings slobs like you get to use while people ten times worthier than you are still getting blown the **** up in iraq so you can scarf down you hoe-ho's and dingdongs so dont tell me who the **** i need to appolagize to.
I'd actually be somewhat impressed with your convictions if you could spell them properly.

TROLL ALERT!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Mercenary

Post by BabyRider »

abbey wrote: He has to be British :wah: :wah:
That or suppressing homosexual tendencies.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

abbey

Mercenary

Post by abbey »

I'm quite honoured really, i've never had a toll on my back before. ;)
BabyRider

Mercenary

Post by BabyRider »

abbey wrote: Spoken like a true soldier........NOT.:wah:
Nope. Real soldiers, (real MEN for that matter) have more respect than that.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

abbey

Mercenary

Post by abbey »

Dwat, he's gone, he probably had to get his plane to the jungle, he's needed. :wah:
lady cop

Mercenary

Post by lady cop »

rats!! BR got to shoot the troll before i did :-1 that's what i get for watching a movie. :rolleyes:
pina

Mercenary

Post by pina »

BabyRider wrote: That or suppressing homosexual tendencies.

I agree with this version of him.

cars

Mercenary

Post by cars »

BabyRider wrote: That or suppressing homosexual tendencies.

So what's wrong with those tendencies? :rolleyes: Does that give them a right to be outrageously rude? Not. :-2
Cars :)
Accountable

Mercenary

Post by Accountable »

I smell suphur. Somebody been messing with the gates of hell again?
Tibbz88

Mercenary

Post by Tibbz88 »

Before you all start kicking off because someone could consider being a mercanary remember all the mercs that killed people in africa etc what about rescue missions searching and destroying arms shipments

have any of you ever served a term in the armed forces I have and when someones pointing a kalashnakoff at you you remember it's you or them don't insult people with things you dont understand and don't insult all mercs on the minority without them we would all probaby be dead anyway

And cause they kill people so does governments we just don't get to hear about it must I remind people of the atrocities the american government did to it's own people on 9/11 check this out and see if you think it was old binny and his group

google search loose change 2nd edition recut I cant post the URL because I'm a new member

I think you'll find everyone is capable of bad things doesn't mean they do em
Clodhopper

Mercenary

Post by Clodhopper »

lady cop;52994 wrote: even repressed Brits can be trained! :D

Sex: Musical Jazz instrument played by a Kiwi? :-3
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
spot

Mercenary

Post by spot »

Good god man put that back immediately and find a priest to re-consecrate the thread.

Tibbz, the mercenary thread is http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=30055 and I'd be delighted to tear you to shreds in there. You're an oppressor of the weak on behalf of the wealthy. Satan has a devil specially trained and waiting for you.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Mercenary

Post by Accountable »

Tibbz88;819934 wrote: Before you all start kicking off because someone could consider being a mercanary remember all the mercs that killed people in africa etc what about rescue missions searching and destroying arms shipments

have any of you ever served a term in the armed forces I have and when someones pointing a kalashnakoff at you you remember it's you or them don't insult people with things you dont understand and don't insult all mercs on the minority without them we would all probaby be dead anyway

And cause they kill people so does governments we just don't get to hear about it must I remind people of the atrocities the american government did to it's own people on 9/11 check this out and see if you think it was old binny and his group

google search loose change 2nd edition recut I cant post the URL because I'm a new member

I think you'll find everyone is capable of bad things doesn't mean they do em
There are quite a few vets here. Stick around & see if we have any other common ground. :yh_flag
spot

Mercenary

Post by spot »

Accountable;819970 wrote: There are quite a few vets here. Stick around & see if we have any other common ground. :yh_flag

I'd be a lot politer to him if I thought he really was one, you know.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Mercenary

Post by Accountable »

spot;820063 wrote: I'd be a lot politer to him if I thought he really was one, you know.
Yup. At least we know he's a native English speaker, evidenced by the lack of punctuation. :thinking:
spot

Mercenary

Post by spot »

A non-American recent school leaver who's played Castle Wolfenstein since he was five years old and thinks he knows what it's all about but can't get into the forces because they insist on five GCSEs above grade D.
Accountable

Mercenary

Post by Accountable »

spot;820213 wrote: A non-American recent school leaver who's played Castle Wolfenstein since he was five years old and thinks he knows what it's all about but can't get into the forces because they insist on five GCSEs above grade D.
What kind of mentality did you expect in a mercenary? :cool:
spot

Mercenary

Post by spot »

One which felt itself to be superior to the people it was prepared to kill in exchange for excitement and profit. For Tibbz to get that to happen would involve grotesque levels of self-deception.

There's not much life in this one, where's he got to?
Accountable

Mercenary

Post by Accountable »

Prolly left before we even got here.
spot

Mercenary

Post by spot »

Never mind, Clodhopper got to play with one of the Undead, not everyone's that brave.
Clodhopper

Mercenary

Post by Clodhopper »

Never mind, Clodhopper got to play with one of the Undead, not everyone's that brave.

I did?

Ewwwwww.

Who?

(swooshing noise as the point goes straight past :-3)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
spot

Mercenary

Post by spot »

Oh Mr. Sweeney, please don't talk,

I cut the cards before you came

And I drew the coffin

Swarts: You drew the coffin?

Doris: I drew the COFFIN very last card.

I don't care for such conversation

A woman runs a terrible risk.
Nomad

Mercenary

Post by Nomad »

when someones pointing a kalashnakoff at you you remember

Right !

Just ask Hillary.
I AM AWESOME MAN
hoppy

Mercenary

Post by hoppy »

Shouldn't be that hard, with all the wars and mini-wars going on at any time. Read SOF magazine. I come from a long line of warriors. My kin were always involved in some war somewhere. In the '50's a relative went to Cuba, hooked up with Castro's forces.When Castro won we expected to hear from him or see him. nothing. Later we learned Castro purged his army of all Americans and any others he felt he couldn't trust.
spot

Mercenary

Post by spot »

hoppy;821594 wrote: Later we learned Castro purged his army of all Americans and any others he felt he couldn't trust.What credence would you place on the article at http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27620 and the link it gives to "William Morgan: Patriot or traitor?" which expands in detail?

In early 1960, CIA officials in the U.S. embassy in Havana were requested by the CIA branch chief, Col. J.C. King, to use their influence on several of the nearly 30 American "soldiers of fortune" who had fought for Castro and were still in Cuba, in efforts to "eliminate Castro."

Several weeks later, William Alexander Morgan, a mercenary from Toledo, Ohio, with assistance from two other Americans, made the first of two unsuccessful attempts to assassinate Castro. Morgan, along with the Americans who acted with him, was eventually arrested. In 1961, Morgan was executed by a firing squad in Cuba.

Return to “Warfare Military”