WWII Vet aka My Grandfather.....

WonderWendy3

WWII Vet aka My Grandfather.....

Post by WonderWendy3 »

He has been an inspiration to our whole family, he is very modest, soft spoken and a comical fella. He fought in WWII and the Korean Conflict and went on to be a pilot for the University of State College PA, he currently still flies at the age of 87 years old and he tows glider planes up in the sky.

My Grandfather is a character and I just love him to pieces....I was looking to see if there was any type of reports in the local newspaper about him literally "killing his computer"....within the last week, he called the police to let them know that he would be killing his computer....he hung up the phone, walked out into the driveway with a sledge hammer and beat his laptop to pieces....cops came and saw the act of violence, saw that he did no harm to any humans, and left the premises. Knowing my Grandfather, I found this comical...because he has that Scotch-Irish/German Temper!

Well, As I was searching, I found a video that we just had copies made of to DVD on the internet, I was so excited to finally see it, because I don't take the time to watch things on TV, so I got to watch my Grandfather being interviewed. This was last year in 2007. So he was 86 years old.

I wanted to share:

http://streams.wpsx.psu.edu/Duane_O._Callahan07102.html

Return to “Warfare Military”