Knights in shinning armour.........

librtyhead

Post by librtyhead »

This has been bugging me for a few years and I need to vocalize. A knight was "dressed " by a servant and it may have taken an hour to "buckle up" and get the Sir on a horse. Did they have access panels front and rear to allow for bowel movement? Anyone been to a museum lately? Did the servant use a poop scoop or a silver ladle with a "crest" on it? Or was a plug inserted to be hesitantly removed later.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Sorry I don't have the answer LH but the visual I have was not good.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

That's a really good question. I couldn't find any info on that and I really don't know. I do know that in medieval times, men and women wore those heavy robes and gowns and there was an opening in the folds of fabric to do one's business. They did not generally change clothes often and I was told that this opening was also for doing the Deed. With all that we know about medieval hygiene I think it's a wonder any of us are even here. :p

Return to “Warfare Military”