Letter from a Air Force wife and mother. (my daughter-inlaw)

BTS

Post by BTS »

The Air Force

I know not every one was supportive of us Robby joining the Air Force but I for one would like to say how grateful I am for it. My only regret is that we didn’t join sooner. I so enjoy being an Air Force wife. I love our life style now. I love knowing that Robby will always have job. I love knowing that every year we will get a pay raise and that he can work hard earn rank.

I love the amazing health care that comes with it. Our kids are rarely sick but it is wonderful to know that if they are we are able to get into the doctors that day, the next morning at the very latest, and we will never have to worry about a co-pay. Any procedure that we need and even some things that we may just want, like lasic eye surgery, we’re able to get free of charge. I personally have never had a problem getting me or my child into the doctors that day.

I am over whelmed by the kindness of the Air Force family. Last year a week before Christmas a guy from base brought by a bunch of Christmas presents for Dakota and a check for us for groceries on behalf of the AF just because we were new here. The kids and I go to a play group on base with some of the kindest and funniest women I k now. I enjoy their company every week.

The programs they offer for the children and moms and families there are amazing. Since Robby has been deployed I get calls every few days from other women who’s husbands are deployed to see if we need anything. Last week a guy from Robby’s squadron called to see if we had any family affected by the California wild fires because they wanted to help if we had. What other job would be that worried about your extended family? If we ever need financial help or child care help all we would have to do is ask. The first Sergeant of his squadron there is to help moral and they will do anything to make you and your family happy.

They have so many programs set up just to help the families. I can have my oil changed for free and have a check up done on my car while Robby is gone. I can have free child care twice a month for both of the kids and more if I need it. All I have to do is ask. They have all kinds of parties and get-togethers for the wives and kids of deployed spouses to get to know one another and if you don’t show up they call to make sure you’re okay. You automatically have so much in common with every one else. The friends we have met here are like family to us. We do things with them all the time and I can’t imagine having to leave them. My friend, Zella’s, husband is so helpful to us. Since Robby has been they’ve come by and painted Dakota’s room and even fixed a stuck window for me so rain wouldn‘t come inside our house. I don’t know what we would do with out them. Zella is one of my dearest friends and if I ever have a question about AP procedure or anything at all she’s there for me.

I am constantly overwhelmed by the kindness of the Air Force and the other families in it we’re friends with. I am grateful this country and the right I have to fly our flag every day. I’m proud to know that my daughter knows what that flag is called even if she doesn’t quite understand what it stands for. I am grateful for the freedoms and luxuries we enjoy because of my husband and the other men and women out there who work so hard for us. I hope you are too. I see a lot of people who think they deserve what they have and have no clue how lucky they are. I hope you too can see the blessing you enjoy from living in this country and thank your God for them.

She keeps a site with pics and stories of the family here.

http://www.blueskyrhoads.blogspot.com/
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Peg

Post by Peg »

What a lovely family you have! I know you must be proud of them. :-6

I'm glad Air Force life is agreeing with your family.
grh

Post by grh »

My son is AF and although any 'benefits' they may get out of it are great, he just opted to serve his country. That's why he's there.

His pay sucks eggs as compared to what he could demand in the civilian sector and if he disagrees with his boss over command decisions he does not have the luxury of saying so. He just does his job and doesn't complain.

They are a close knit community and families of the deployed are cared for by everyone. What it is doing to the children of those deployed is hard to imagine. What the two mothers I recently observed were going through on the home front is one very tough road, one I would not like to be forced to follow.

Fortunately, because of my son and others like him, I won't have to.

I guess I responded to the OP because it comes off sounding like a recruiting letter rather then a letter about life in the armed services. It is hard on a family. Both financially and emotionally. Those who opt in are to be honored and respected for their service to my country at a cost to themselves.

But don't envy them. Just care about them.

diane
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
BTS

Post by BTS »

grh;727190 wrote: I guess I responded to the OP because it comes off sounding like a recruiting letter rather then a letter about life in the armed services. It is hard on a family. Both financially and emotionally. Those who opt in are to be honored and respected for their service to my country at a cost to themselves.

But don't envy them. Just care about them.

diane
No grh..............not a recruiting letter as you claim or suppose

This is a REAL post by a REAL mother and wife of a AF deployed husband........

thank you
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
drumbunny1

Post by drumbunny1 »

My dad was in the AF for about the first 10 years of my life...we had to move once every year...or 6 mos sometimes! People ask me if it sucked? No way! I loved it...by the time I was 10 I got to see Spain, Italy, Germany, and a lot of the US, the only thing I regret is not being older so I could really appreciate the countries I've seen!
grh

Post by grh »

BTS;727723 wrote: No grh..............not a recruiting letter as you claim or suppose

This is a REAL post by a REAL mother and wife of a AF deployed husband........

thank you

no BTS...... neither claimed nor supposed.... simply stating how it read to me and why i responded to it.

and no BTS, it is NOT a 'real' post by anyone other then yourself. if it were posted by the REAL wife or mother, she would not have referred to 'she' at the end of it.

i have nothing but respect and pride for those who serve our country and their families. they serve to protect my right to express a slightly different view then even they might have.

you're welcome
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

rambo
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

BTS;727170 wrote: The Air Force

She keeps a site with pics and stories of the family here.

http://www.blueskyrhoads.blogspot.com/

grh;727845 wrote: no BTS...... neither claimed nor supposed.... simply stating how it read to me and why i responded to it.

and no BTS, it is NOT a 'real' post by anyone other then yourself. if it were posted by the REAL wife or mother, she would not have referred to 'she' at the end of it.

i have nothing but respect and pride for those who serve our country and their families. they serve to protect my right to express a slightly different view then even they might have.

you're welcome

do you mean that part?? :confused: BTS was letting us know 'she' has her own blog where you can read the entry he posted as well as other things she has written in there about their family.

you have a beautiful family, BTS! :-6
grh

Post by grh »

sunny104;727972 wrote: do you mean that part?? :confused: BTS was letting us know 'she' has her own blog where you can read the entry he posted as well as other things she has written in there about their family.

you have a beautiful family, BTS! :-6

I agree 100% that he has a beautiful family. His post was not placed under family or personal however, so I assumed since it was placed under PoliticsWarfare and Military it was seeking conversation on the post content itself rather then how much I happen to like his family members.

Yes, I did go read her blog and enjoyed it and have even bookmarked it so that I can keep up on the family. But you are also correct that it was a post from her blog and not a letter as the title of the thread indicates.

I will accept that any differing views I may post are going to be taken personally in this thread, so I'll simply quit posting to it.

sorry

diane

rambo

Return to “Warfare Military”