Genocide in Darfur

freeforall

Genocide in Darfur

Post by freeforall »

400,000 men, women, and children have died because of the conflict. How long does the international community wait. for more information go to:

http://www.darfurinitiative.org
CARLA

Genocide in Darfur

Post by CARLA »

It sure seems that way Scrat. :mad:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lulu2

Genocide in Darfur

Post by Lulu2 »

We've discussed this issue here in several other threads. For me, it comes down to two issues....where is the outrage from the "peace-loving" Muslim community? and if they had appreciable resources in Sudan, would the western world stand quietly by and allow this to happen?

Sudan is a dismal place without water, vegetation or any other advantage. The poor people who make a living there are being relentlessly ground into that dust in racial genocide of the cruelest possible type.

Sadly, it seems nobody cares.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Genocide in Darfur

Post by Lulu2 »

OK, that's the Sudanese government. Where's the outcry from all the OTHERS? Suspiciously silent, aren't they?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Genocide in Darfur

Post by Lulu2 »

Of course, all governments and peoples should be speaking out about this...but, specifically, where are all the (allegedly "peace-loving") Muslims? What about Turkey and Indonesia and Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc, etc, etc? What about the Muslim communities in Europe and North America?

Strangely silent.

And, in case nobody's looking, the same thing is happening in the "horn" of Africa. Somalia may well be next.

Return to “Warfare Military”