Veterans Hospital

Bothwell

Veterans Hospital

Post by Bothwell »

The Royal Hospital Chelsea, whose clientele are better known as Chelsea Pensioners need new medical facilities.

This is a place where old soldiers are looked after until they pass on, no one is sent to Hospices or Old peoples homes and the like, they are cared for because they served their country.

The new facilities cost is estimated at £20 million, the hospital is appealing to the public for funds, funds!!!!!! The Government owes these people it should damn well pay, it can build a stupid millennium dome costing zillions, hand out grants to the black one legged blind japanes poets society of the outer hebrides (or some such loony nonsense) yet will not pay for this, scandalous.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Bez

Veterans Hospital

Post by Bez »

Bothwell wrote: The Royal Hospital Chelsea, whose clientele are better known as Chelsea Pensioners need new medical facilities.

This is a place where old soldiers are looked after until they pass on, no one is sent to Hospices or Old peoples homes and the like, they are cared for because they served their country.

The new facilities cost is estimated at £20 million, the hospital is appealing to the public for funds, funds!!!!!! The Government owes these people it should damn well pay, it can build a stupid millennium dome costing zillions, hand out grants to the black one legged blind japanes poets society of the outer hebrides (or some such loony nonsense) yet will not pay for this, scandalous.

I take your point Bothwell.....do you know where/how the fundraising is taking place ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bothwell

Veterans Hospital

Post by Bothwell »

Bez they were all over the radio today and they have a website as well, they will raise the money because people like us will pay the money but it's still a scandal IMO
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"

Return to “Warfare Military”