Let's Find Disease Cures - Join the ForumGarden Team!

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Taken from Anastrophe's earlier post:

I wanted to repost this thread. The ForumGarden team's ranking is steadily rising - but we could use a lot more help!

Join us, won't you?

Anastrophe's posting:

A brief note of accomplishment

After a couple of years of running, with slowly growing member list, The "Folding at Home" team i created in honor of my father has broken into the top 1000 team rankings -

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main ... mnum=36425

A public "thank you" to those who have participated and contributed. Any and all are welcome to join. If you have a reasonably speedy computer, and can spare some of that horsepower, every bit helps. There's a Folding at Home screensaver that will run when your computer is otherwise idle, or you can run the 'standard' client which uses whatever percentage of your computer's capacity you set it to.

my desire to have the team rise in the rankings is a pleasant diversion, but what really matters is that Folding at Home may find a cure for Alzheimers disease, and other diseases, in our lifetimes. I'm faced with the very real possibility of Alzheimers in as little as twenty years. At least i know i'm actually doing something to help find a cure, without having a medical degree or being able to contribute vast sums of money to research.

By participating, you may be helping yourself.

end of sermon!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
abbey

Post by abbey »

I am proud to be part of team Anastrophe 36425.

I have to admit i did have my reservations at first, being the technophobe that i am :o but it was easy peasy and i dont notice that i have it on anymore.

The team is doing so well we're number 743 of 39676 and it would be lovely to see us break into the top 500, Anastrophe's a top bloke & if you have any concerns he's pretty good at answering your questions.

Good on yer team 36425.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

well shucks, thanks for the kind words!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

BTS and I are members. It does not interfere with your computer when you are on it. As I understand it - it uses most of its time when you are not using your computer.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “News and Announcements”