Win $100 in cash! FG's Tag-line Contest!

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
ForumGarden

Post by ForumGarden »

Fine ForumGardeners, one and all! Forumgarden needs your help, and in return, you can win $100 in cold hard cash!

As you know, ForumGarden is an engaging, eclectic, interesting, funny, wide-ranging site. There's a million things to talk about, and a million opinions behind the talk.

We need a brief, pithy, concise 'tag line' to describe the ForumGarden experience. It can be funny, quizzical, offbeat, totally direct, obtuse, obscure, whatever! But most important, it must be brief. We want a tagline that can fit on the front of a baseball cap, or go on a coffee mug without making it look like someone forgot to wash it!

So, our contest: Send us your thoughts for a tagline. Send us one, send us a hundred. The more the merrier!

Once we've accumulated enough entries, we - the head gardeners - will select the top ten very best of those submitted. We'll then go American Idol on you! That's right - we'll post a poll of all the selected entries. Every few days, the tagline that gets the *fewest* votes will go bye-bye - and we'll start a new poll for the remainder.

When all is said and done, you, the gardeners, will have chosen the best tagline for us! And the person whose entry was selected will win $100! That's right! Cash. Good old money, which you can then spend on all the baseball caps, coffee mugs, tote bags, t-shirts, and sweatshirts that will carry your winning logo! :yh_money

So enter early, enter as often as you like. Please keep your tagline to twelve words or less. Yep, it needs to be that short! Also, please don't submit taglines that are already in use by other companies or organizations - that wouldn't help at all! Keep it clean, too, please. This must be for a wide audience.

The fine print: All submissions to ForumGarden become ForumGarden's property. By participating, you release ForumGarden or Smile Internet Networks from any claim to copyright or any other claim regarding the tagline.

The contest starts now! Good luck!

Enter Your Tag-lines Here:

contest@forumgarden.com

Be sure to include your ForumGarden username!
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

i need to think this one out, i am not in a creative mood tonight, maybe tomorrow, just don't bann me. later, pal.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

is more than one entry per person allowed?
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

We will not know who submitted which tag-line, right?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

JAB wrote: You can send as many as you like LC!thanks JAB...detective clouseau missed that! LOL
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

BabyRider wrote: We will not know who submitted which tag-line, right?
Correct! Not until the end!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

JAB wrote: You can send as many as you like LC!
That's correct!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

HUUMMMMMM!!! Now I must get busy and come up with a clever TAG LINE.!! :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

flopstock wrote: where/who do we send them to?hey Flop, there's a link in the first post here. or you may notice a place to click on at the top right of this page .
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Brill idea:-6
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

Hi so what is $100 in English money???????
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

BTS

Post by BTS »

Angel chocobo wrote: Hi so what is $100 in English money???????I think 75 cents and some change?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Post by BTS »

"Once we've accumulated enough entries, we - the head gardeners - will select the top ten very best of those submitted. We'll then go American Idol on you! That's right - we'll post a poll of all the selected entries. Every few days, the tagline that gets the *fewest* votes will go bye-bye - and we'll start a new poll for the remainder.

When all is said and done, you, the gardeners, will have chosen the best tagline for us! And the person whose entry was selected will win $100! That's right! Cash. Good old money, which you can then spend on all the baseball caps, coffee mugs, tote bags, t-shirts, and sweatshirts that will carry your winning logo! :yh_money "

So is it a popularity contest? Will we know who submitted the top ten when we vote? As one who is not that popular around here I would be concerned that my input would be voted down based on my popularity.........not my creativity.............. jusss wondering.......
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Angel chocobo wrote: Hi so what is $100 in English money??????? approx. 50 quid Angel xoxo
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

BTS wrote: "Once we've accumulated enough entries, we - the head gardeners - will select the top ten very best of those submitted. We'll then go American Idol on you! That's right - we'll post a poll of all the selected entries. Every few days, the tagline that gets the *fewest* votes will go bye-bye - and we'll start a new poll for the remainder.

When all is said and done, you, the gardeners, will have chosen the best tagline for us! And the person whose entry was selected will win $100! That's right! Cash. Good old money, which you can then spend on all the baseball caps, coffee mugs, tote bags, t-shirts, and sweatshirts that will carry your winning logo! :yh_money "

So is it a popularity contest? Will we know who submitted the top ten when we vote? As one who is not that popular around here I would be concerned that my input would be voted down based on my popularity.........not my creativity.............. jusss wondering.......
it will definitely not be a popularity contest. people will vote on the entries blind - all you'll get to see is the entry. as each is voted off, if the person wishes recognition, we'll post their identity. people will only get a single vote - no ballot box stuffing like american idol has - and anyone who solicits votes will have their entry pulled.

the last thing we want is a popularity contest for the people submitting, which is at odds with getting an honest vote on the value of the tag-line itself.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Angel chocobo wrote: Hi so what is $100 in English money???????Yes, I'd prefer it in the British sterling:)
ForumGarden

Post by ForumGarden »

Some feedback!

We've received a lot of entries so far. Thank you and most have been very good!

Now, something to think about: About 80% of the submitted taglines make some attempt to work in the 'gardening' metaphor.

We don't see any need for that, in fact we wouldn't mind if the tag line had absolutely nothing to do with a gardening metaphor!

We hope this broadens your creative horizons even more! Good luck!

BTS

Post by BTS »

Forumgarden wrote: Some feedback!

We've received a lot of entries so far. Thank you and most have been very good!

Now, something to think about: About 80% of the submitted taglines make some attempt to work in the 'gardening' metaphor.

We don't see any need for that, in fact we wouldn't mind if the tag line had absolutely nothing to do with a gardening metaphor!

We hope this broadens your creative horizons even more! Good luck!

Some feedback!

HUH............I found about 9 references to garden or gardener in your original message...........

Now you change up on us and holler that you would prefere we did not use the 'gardening' metaphor.........

So what then?

Maybe we should try using clear cutting? Or how about dust bowl.......

anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

BTS wrote: Some feedback!

HUH............I found about 9 references to garden or gardener in your original message...........

Now you change up on us and holler that you would prefere we did not use the 'gardening' metaphor.........

So what then?

Maybe we should try using clear cutting? Or how about dust bowl.......

that's just silly, bts. there are nice instances of the word "garden" in the original message, that's true. *six* of them are the name of our site, which is forumgarden. one of them is the term 'forumgardeners', which isn't exactly hammering the metaphor. that leaves two instances where we used the term "gardeners", one to refer to us, and one to refer to our members.

our original post wasn't "fertilized" with the word garden, nor did we "seed" the first post with metaphors along those lines. if we were really "digging" for people to use the garden metaphor, i'm sure we wouldn't have "pruned" it so closely and left out all those metaphors, using only the name of our site six of the nine times garden appears. now i'm getting a "furrow" in my brow just thinking about this.
Jika

Post by Jika »

^ :wah: @ anas. nice word play!
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

anastrophe wrote: that's just silly, bts. there are nice instances of the word "garden"
Doh!... that would be, of course, "nine" instances of the word garden. that they are nice instances goes without saying, but it is a tad self congratulatory.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

FG - where great minds don't think alike.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Sorry - i forgot to go to the top post - it's all good now.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

If you don't dig them all, I hope you're weeding out the worst ones! Some people claim to be perennial losers in these contests, but that's just sour grapes. A seed of a great idea can suddenly bloom, well above the everyday garden variety. So, use your bean, lay off the corn (unlike me!), don't stalk your neighbor :wah: , plant yourself in a well lit area, with plenty of water, and your ideas will mushroom
minks

Post by minks »

can ya post the worst ones too, Imean if not then I think I will just put my suggestions here

Plant yourself

come get potted with us

ahahahaha
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

I think if we read back, when the contest closes admin will pick the top 10 then throw them out to the general population sans posters name and let us pick the best of the 10

― Mae West
Jives

Post by Jives »

Let's get on with it! When's the contest over?! I can't wait!! :D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
abbey

Post by abbey »

Jives wrote: Let's get on with it! When's the contest over?! I can't wait!! :DPatience is a virtue my friend! ;)
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Jives wrote: Let's get on with it! When's the contest over?! I can't wait!! :D

awww...you smartie! some of us are still thinking! ya'll better not wait on me to produce something interesting though.

i'm excited to see what will be picked too!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I like your sig line right now Hotsauce, I can't think of anything witty for my sig, let alone one for the forum!!:thinking:
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

[QUOTE=Forumgarden]Once we've accumulated enough entries, we - the head gardeners - will select the top ten very best of those submitted. We'll then go American Idol on you! That's right - we'll post a poll of all the selected entries. Every few days, the tagline that gets the *fewest* votes will go bye-bye - and we'll start a new poll for the remainder.[QUOTE]

I don't think there is a closing date, it just seems to be when there has been enough suggestions.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I WANNA PLAY...............I WANNA PLAY !

Im gonna go think right now !
I AM AWESOME MAN
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

How about -hey come join our forum its a garden for all season`s ...ok to cheesy back to the drawing board .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i may be mistaken, but it appears entries are closed....it could simply be a result of software changes however......in any case, voting should be fun! ~~~~be sure to exercise your right to vote! :)
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

abbey wrote: Patience is a virtue my friend! ;)

Indeed! We still have a little ways to go. The submissions come in fits and starts.
minks

Post by minks »

flopstock wrote: my personal favorite:

forumgarden.com.....shhhh, people are listening.:D

Flopp you are going to get the absurd award hehehe your suggestions are hilarious.

FG... spread a little dirt

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

flopstock wrote: that's why i didn't actually submit any..and i have zillions! my concept of 'catchy' and the rest of the worlds never seem to agree..and that is just too embarrassing in a contest!:o

forum garden...have you hugged a conservative today?

forum garden..a 'meeting of the minds' and the mindless!

forum garden..where ideas blossom

todays favorite

forumgarden.com, where even idiots feel smart about something!:-3

Hahahaha silly girl go on and submit you never know what may float everyones boat.

FG, come on in and do a little muck flinging hehehehehe

― Mae West
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

spread a little dirt! i love it minks! you too flop...you clever cats. so did we decide? the thing isn't flashing at the top any longer. is there a winner?
BTS

Post by BTS »

hotsauce wrote: spread a little dirt! i love it minks! you too flop...you clever cats. so did we decide? the thing isn't flashing at the top any longer. is there a winner?

Oh you HOTTIE.......... We gotta vote first....... Waiting with abated (or is that bad) BREATH!!!!!! LOL:yh_whistl
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

the flashing thingy isn't up there anymore, but if you go to the first post in this thread you will see a link to email your entries.
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

conecting to each othere like vines.
kmhowe
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

The Forum Garden - Where every one can get a little dirt on everything & everyone...

The FG - We have flowers, bushes, blooms and even some BAD weeds.......LOL

Come dig in our dirt - we are bound to come up with something buggy!

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....

Return to “News and Announcements”