New ForumGarden Blogs

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Tombstone

New ForumGarden Blogs

Post by Tombstone »

New ForumGarden Feature: Integrated Blogs

Out with the old, in with the new integrated blog software. (Yes, the old blog area will remain intact.)

Fast Start

ForumGarden Blog makes it simple for community members to create their own space within the community. Getting started is as simple as posting the first message (using the same familiar ForumGarden editor). There is no lengthy setup process - blog owners are free to personalize their blog at any time by defining a title and a description that will appear at the top of every blog post.

Fully Featured

It is a feature-rich blog application, with support for fully formatted WYSIWYG posts, attachments, comments, trackbacks and pingbacks, draft posts and categories, as well as seamless integration with the overall ForumGarden system.

Blog Home Page

Available via a single click from any ForumGarden page, the blog home page aggregates activity from all member blogs into a single page – with information about the most recent and highest rated blog posts, recent comments, a featured blog post (selected by the administrator or at random), full support for browsing posts by date and overall blogging statistics.

Syndication and Subscriptions

Site wide and per-blog RSS feeds allow syndication to external readers, and full support for ForumGarden subscriptions enables users to join their favorite blogs and receive regular email updates.

Profile Support

Member blogs are integrated with the ForumGarden profile system – profile information is displayed alongside blog posts, and existing profile pages are enhanced with information about blog activity.

Blog Control Panel

The Blog Control Panel empowers members to control every aspect of their blogs, from permission controls (who has access to view and comment on the blog), to full management of blog categories, draft posts, trackbacks/pingbacks and subscriptions. Blog owners also have the ability to moderate comments on their own blog.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Chezzie

New ForumGarden Blogs

Post by Chezzie »

Are you hoping for the blogs to replace the journals or both to work together depending on the member preference?

Gotta love the blog:-6
Tombstone

New ForumGarden Blogs

Post by Tombstone »

Chezzie;881670 wrote: Are you hoping for the blogs to replace the journals or both to work together depending on the member preference?

Gotta love the blog:-6

Journals will be here forever. The blog feature gives you more latitude regarding comments, trackbacks, etc.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
abbey

New ForumGarden Blogs

Post by abbey »

Silly question, but how do I follow up on an entry?

I feel silly posting a new entry when it does'nt follow on to the last one.

It seems like a new one every time, I always assumed a blog was like a diary. :confused:

If I want to follow on from the last entry do I add it as a posted comment?
G-man

New ForumGarden Blogs

Post by G-man »

Follow up? Just post a new comment on the original post.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “News and Announcements”