ForumGarden Hardware Upgrade Today

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Hi All,

I will be migrating ForumGarden to the new server today. I plan on starting this process around 5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time. I expect the migration to take about 1 -2 hours.

See this post for more details.

Thanks for your patience!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
spot

Post by spot »

I hope you enjoy the experience. I would, it's fun concentrating and getting all the details right. If you manage everything in 2 hours I'll be very impressed.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Tombstone;709785 wrote: Hi All,

I will migrating ForumGarden to the new server today. I plan on starting this process around 5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time. I expect the migration to take about 1 -2 hours.

What's that in English sterling?
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

spot;709788 wrote: I hope you enjoy the experience. I would, it's fun concentrating and getting all the details right. If you manage everything in 2 hours I'll be very impressed.

I'll plan for the worst, and expect the best. :D The only item that may affect people will be their ISP's DNS not updating in a timely manner.

Other than having to move 7 Gigs of database data across the country and then making everything work on new hardware should be interesting. :rolleyes:
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

abbey;709806 wrote: What's that in English sterling?

This will enlighten you!

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/worldtimes.php
abbey

Post by abbey »

So in about 5 hours?

I'll be sleeping, cool. :yh_sleep
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow Tombstone, you do have the magical touch with these things. I wish you luck, and will see you on the flip side........................:)
Peg

Post by Peg »

Tombstone;709785 wrote: Hi All,

I will be migrating ForumGarden to the new server today. I plan on starting this process around 5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time. I expect the migration to take about 1 -2 hours.

See this post for more details.

Sorry TS. That is not a good time for me. That is my forum time. How about changing it to tomorrow while I'm at work? :p :wah:
guppy

Post by guppy »

Hope to see everybody after we move...i'm packed..ready to go...:D
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

To keep things exciting...I may start this process a little early! (Logistic issues...)

Who can guess the time?
guppy

Post by guppy »

any minute?:-3
abbey

Post by abbey »

Tombstone;709903 wrote: To keep things exciting...I may start this process a little early! (Logistic issues...)

Who can guess the time?
((((OIY BUGGERLUGS))))

I havent gone to bed yet!

Peg

Post by Peg »

Start it early? What happened to you waiting to do it until I'm at work tomorrow? :thinking:
spot

Post by spot »

4.48pm

(that's 00.48am british time which is 11.48pm GMT, if we're both on some form of summer time)
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Haha--while it's down, I may go to all the other forums and start rumors that the garden has been closed. :wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Tombstone;709903 wrote: To keep things exciting...I may start this process a little early! (Logistic issues...)

Who can guess the time?

This is exciting. And here I thought it was going to be another slow weekend. :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

Bloody hell, he got out through the air conditioning ducts again. Someone pass me the staple gun.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

What time is all this happening in Aussie time???????:confused:
FOC THREAD PART 1
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

kayleneaussie;781463 wrote: What time is all this happening in Aussie time???????:confused:

17th oct 2007 Kay lol...dunno why someone resurrecting this one:wah:
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Chezzie;781495 wrote: 17th oct 2007 Kay lol...dunno why someone resurrecting this one:wah:

omg:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
FOC THREAD PART 1
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

kayleneaussie;781499 wrote: omg:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

made me chuckle too:wah:
spot

Post by spot »

spot corners Nomad, pins him to the wall with several hundred 4-inch staples and throws a blanket over what would otherwise be a distressing sight until the clean-up squad arrives
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

spot;781520 wrote: spot corners Nomad, pins him to the wall with several hundred 4-inch staples and throws a blanket over what would otherwise be a distressing sight until the clean-up squad arrives

Spot, wipe that huge grin off your face, hes in pain :wah:
spot

Post by spot »

It took years of evening classes to learn exactly where to fire them all, too. That was sheer skill on my part.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

spot;781531 wrote: It took years of evening classes to learn exactly where to fire them all, too. That was sheer skill on my part.

hmmmm i have a mental image of a centre fold complete with staples :wah:

Return to “News and Announcements”