RPG's - A subject re-visited

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Jives

Post by Jives »

I think I'm getting the hang of it now, but Tomstone's already on level 1!

Here's some more quick tips:

Make sure to scroll down on the "battle" page until you hit "member vs. bot" and create a battle for yourself with "gollum". You can fight this guy as many times as you want, he's easy to beat once you have a weapon, and you can use the money you make to buy potions to heal yourself back up.

The list of battlebots goes, as you'd expect, from easy to harder. So don't scroll down until you are regularly beating gollum, or you'll get your heiney kicked.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Jives wrote: I think I'm getting the hang of it now, but Tomstone's already on level 1!

Here's some more quick tips:

Make sure to scroll down on the "battle" page until you hit "member vs. bot" and create a battle for yourself with "gollum". You can fight this guy as many times as you want, he's easy to beat once you have a weapon, and you can use the money you make to buy potions to heal yourself back up.

The list of battlebots goes, as you'd expect, from easy to harder. So don't scroll down until you are regularly beating gollum, or you'll get your heiney kicked.
It still don't work for me, I just keep getting beat up!
Jives

Post by Jives »

chonsigirl wrote: It still don't work for me, I just keep getting beat up!

OH NO! I forgot to tell you that after you buy a weapon, you have to go to "equip" and equip it!!!!:(
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Iwill try that Jives, if I have any money left.............I did get a job though.............hey, that's like life!
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

I picked the thief track and am at a pickpocket level. The shop won't let me buy anything saying I don't meet the requirements even though pickpocket is one of the classes. I want that bikini, dang it!

Gollum was easy for me so I skipped to the 4th thing on the list, 3rd level and beat it easy. Imagin if I can buy a weapon?! :-5
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I am clueless on how to fight-what do you do?
Jives

Post by Jives »

chonsigirl wrote: I am clueless on how to fight-what do you do?

OK, Chonsi....Make sure you have a weapon, and make sure you go to "equip" and equip it.

Then go to "battleground". Until you can get a little stronger and challenge other members here, scroll down to "make a AI bot battle". Choose "gollum", the first guy, from the list.

Now...when the battle begins, choose "use weapon" from the pull down menu and hit "attack". Watch your life and scroll down to scan the results of each turn. If you get too low on life, surrender before you are killed.

If you kill the Gollum, you get some money and some experience.

After the battle, go to the "Healing Center", buy a couple of potions and drink them to get your life back! (When you get some money built up, have three potions with you in all battles!)

It's hard at first, but soon you will be killing gollum easily, and you can buy new armor, spells, etc, and fight harder AI bots.

You can check the "member list" to find others who are at your same level. If they are online and you challenge them you can fight them!
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Jives wrote: OK, Chonsi....Make sure you have a weapon, and make sure you go to "equip" and equip it.

Then go to "battleground". Until you can get a little stronger and challenge other members here, scroll down to "make a AI bot battle". Choose "gollum", the first guy, from the list.

Now...when the battle begins, choose "use weapon" from the pull down menu and hit "attack". Watch your life and scroll down to scan the results of each turn. If you get too low on life, surrender before you are killed.

If you kill the Gollum, you get some money and some experience.

After the battle, go to the "Healing Center", buy a couple of potions and drink them to get your life back! (When you get some money built up, have three potions with you in all battles!)

It's hard at first, but soon you will be killing gollum easily, and you can buy new armor, spells, etc, and fight harder AI bots.

You can check the "member list" to find others who are at your same level. If they are online and you challenge them you can fight them!

Good advice Jives. Here's my only tidbit of advice for everyone.

Don't go against me, because otherwise you will lose!! :D
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

So.... how about getting the store stocked with low level stuff, eh? It's all sold out.

I would love to give the RPG a good chance, but things like that slow me down.

:-1
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Dizz wrote: So.... how about getting the store stocked with low level stuff, eh? It's all sold out.

I would love to give the RPG a good chance, but things like that slow me down.

:-1
I agree. It's time to stock the store, so we can buy stuff! All I can do is deposit my money in the bank, there's nothing I can buy!

And, how do you defeat Gollum, with no weapons and no armor?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Have you beaten anyone in there Snooze?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ha-ha, that's what I do, then deposit it in the bank for interest.

But I try a couple of times a week to fight, and loose everytime, waste of my money! (well, make believe money)
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

To defeat Gollum:

Go back to Character CP and change your element. It changes your stats. Poison is the one I have and it gave me 21 STR (strength). I combined that with the thief class and that gave me high evasion. GREAT combo! I defeat Xenii (level 5) while I am still stuck at level 0.

Try other element combos, see what works best with your job.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Thank you Dizz, I will try that! At least the store restocked, and I could go buy a weapon!
Jives

Post by Jives »

@#$%*&!!! I wish I had known that when I set up my guy! He's just a standard "bash everything that moves" kinda guy and it's taking me forever to level him up! Oh well... a little more each day!:(
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:p I just wanna beat the ugly dude at least once........................

I will one day!
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

a question for anyone who can answer....RPG-related i think, it must be. yesterday i got a PM from MYSELF!!! :confused: challenging me to some battle. how is that possible??? i have no clue how someone could send a PM that looks like it's from me, that could be dangerous! :thinking:
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

lady cop wrote: a question for anyone who can answer....RPG-related i think, it must be. yesterday i got a PM from MYSELF!!! :confused: challenging me to some battle. how is that possible??? i have no clue how someone could send a PM that looks like it's from me, that could be dangerous! :thinking:

beats me. :-2
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

SnoozeControl wrote: Our little love muffin Chris is a regular killing machine in there, the guy's at level 5.:D

Hehehe well if that big ugly Gollum is giving any of you problems, then let me know and I'll beat him up for you and them make him sincerly apologise to u all, for being so nasty!! :)

Little love muffin!! Ahh bless u Snooze!!!! :-4
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

chrisb84uk wrote: Hehehe well if that big ugly Gollum is giving any of you problems, then let me know and I'll beat him up for you and them make him sincerly apologise to u all, for being so nasty!! :)

Little love muffin!! Ahh bless u Snooze!!!! :-4

can beat up those mean nasty bullies called 'Broken' and 'Cyborg'.

there just too mean.

ohh by the way, i upgraded my knife with a implant that cost money...lots of money. then when i tried to down grade it to upgrade my axe instead i lost the implant for good.

is that supposed to happen or did i just waste money?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I still can't beat the ugly dude, but I'm getting better at being beat!

:)
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

chonsigirl wrote: I still can't beat the ugly dude, but I'm getting better at being beat!

:)

this is worrying.

your stats look good enough to me, once you recover all your lost health you should be more than capable of beating him.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I usually go into the fight with full health-should I go in defensive or offensive?
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

chonsigirl wrote: I usually go into the fight with full health-should I go in defensive or offensive?

you can't win on defense, so go in on offense.

smack him up at every opportunity.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I shall do that-after I get paid and get back my health......................I wanna kick the ugly dude!
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

chonsigirl wrote: I shall do that-after I get paid and get back my health......................I wanna kick the ugly dude!

sock it to'em.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yeah, you are rich! I keep spending mine and loosing it-like RL!
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

whens the lottery goin to be drawn.

for me it wa supposed to be drawn yesterday.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

*ears perk up*

Oh, I way to earn RPG moola?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

And you have lots of money to buy a ticket, Snooze!
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

yes by a ticket there only 25 each and the Lottery is still not drawn.

now 2 days past the draw date. :mad:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I bet you will be a winner, Alfred.

*always broke!*
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, I bet you will be a winner, Alfred.

*always broke!*

i don;t want to calculate the odds of that happening.

too exciting.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Alfred wrote: can beat up those mean nasty bullies called 'Broken' and 'Cyborg'.

there just too mean.

ohh by the way, i upgraded my knife with a implant that cost money...lots of money. then when i tried to down grade it to upgrade my axe instead i lost the implant for good.

is that supposed to happen or did i just waste money?

Ah I remember how annoying it was to try and beat Broken and Cyborg. I wouldn't recommend it until u are at least level 3, and make sure you have a few Tent's (the name of the potion not the real thing,) with u!

And I personally find that the weapons do not do more damage than fists, so I wouldn't even buy any weapons, unless u feel that u have enough free money to do so.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I don't really have any idea yet what the heck it really does. but I just created my own clan, so if anyone is interested in joining it, then let me know! :)
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

chrisb84uk wrote: Ah I remember how annoying it was to try and beat Broken and Cyborg. I wouldn't recommend it until u are at least level 3, and make sure you have a few Tent's (the name of the potion not the real thing,) with u!

And I personally find that the weapons do not do more damage than fists, so I wouldn't even buy any weapons, unless u feel that u have enough free money to do so.

i'm on level 5 and i can't make a dent in brokens health.

obviously i'll have to earn some precious skill points to boost my strength or something.
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

Is there a way to fix it so that it loads faster for us on dialup? I don't see why we need a separate page saying the damage done to us. It would also be nice to turn off images on the battle screen. It takes me a half hour to complete one battle.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

chrisb84uk wrote: I don't really have any idea yet what the heck it really does. but I just created my own clan, so if anyone is interested in joining it, then let me know! :)
Oh, do we get wear tartan!

*imagining Chris in a kilt*
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, do we get wear tartan!

*imagining Chris in a kilt*

Haha well I have a lot of scottish ancestory in my family, as that is where are surname came from, but the thought of me wearing a kilt!! No chance, it's far too cold to be able to wear one of those, and I'm sure half the population would just faint from sheer fright of me in one! :wah:
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

SnoozeControl wrote: Do we get cool little clan outfits to wear? I bet Chonsi would enjoy that.

Well we can all wear clan outfits if u'd like, but from what I gather they don't come provided, so you will have to bring your own. :p
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

clan outfits=chance to go shopping=happy+women.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Shop 'till you drop, men!:)

Return to “News and Announcements”