ForumGarden Blog Hosting Service Now Open!

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Tombstone wrote: I just tested again and created a new account - and we've had a few more people sign up so far.

Are you clicking to agree to the terms and services - *and - are you putting in the verification code?

OK, I've managed to get as far as registering (though I didn't do anything different, it just let me do it this time). I set the template and gave details, no problems, I verified my email, though the site I clicked on that was prompted in the reply email was just a blank white page. When I went to login though...no it wasn't having any of that. Well at least I'm 3 steps further than I was 2 hours ago. I will try to login in later tonight and we shall see.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Galbally wrote: OK, I've managed to get as far as registering (though I didn't do anything different, it just let me do it this time). I set the template and gave details, no problems, I verified my email, though the site I clicked on that was prompted in the reply email was just a blank white page. When I went to login though...no it wasn't having any of that. Well at least I'm 3 steps further than I was 2 hours ago. I will try to login in later tonight and we shall see.

Try hitting CTRL F5. That'll clear out your page cache and reload the page fresh.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Bez

Post by Bez »

anastrophe wrote: for those interested in learning more about just what blogs are, how they work, how to make one work, i highly recommend Dvorak's Primer:

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/primer/blogprimer1.htm

Really useful for a newbie...thanks anastrophe
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

nvalleyvee wrote: Dumb question of the night..................what is a Blog?

A blog gives you your own voice on the web. It's a place to collect and share things that you find interesting— whether it's your political commentary, a personal diary, or links to web sites you want to remember.

Many people use a blog just to organize their own thoughts, while others command influential, worldwide audiences of thousands. Professional and amateur journalists use blogs to publish breaking news, while personal journalers reveal inner thoughts.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Thanks Tombstone for your help. I'm on and have posted once.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Damn, its still not letting me login, I think I will have to register up a new account, I would like to blame forum garden, but as I realize I am an idiot, I shall reserve judgement on the system.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Galbally wrote: Damn, its still not letting me login, I think I will have to register up a new account, I would like to blame forum garden, but as I realize I am an idiot, I shall reserve judgement on the system.

When you use this link www.forumgarden.net do you get a page where you enter your name...'Galbally' and your password '*****' atthe top ??

That should take you straight in.

I have saved that page in 'Favourites'...cos my memory is 'shot' & it makes it easier to get back in
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Bez wrote:

When you use this link www.forumgarden.net do you get a page where you enter your name...'Galbally' and your password '*****' atthe top ??

That should take you straight in.

I have saved that page in 'Favourites'...cos my memory is 'shot' & it makes it easier to get back in

I do, but when I enter the name and password it just brings me back to the login page again, minus the password, most frustrating.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
minks

Post by minks »

Galbally wrote: I do, but when I enter the name and password it just brings me back to the login page again, minus the password, most frustrating.

still troubled today? Want help?
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

minks wrote: still troubled today? Want help?

I am, and I do, but we should concentrate on the blog thing first. What are your suggestions, I've tried to reregister using a different name, password etc, but it ain't having none of that. I can't login using the old one either, I have a feeling that this is more to do with me being an idiot than any inherent computer flaw, but you never know. Thank you for looking kindly upon this computer moron.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
minks

Post by minks »

Galbally wrote: I am, and I do, but we should concentrate on the blog thing first. What are your suggestions, I've tried to reregister using a different name, password etc, but it ain't having none of that. I can't login using the old one either, I have a feeling that this is more to do with me being an idiot than any inherent computer flaw, but you never know. Thank you for looking kindly upon this computer moron.

umm do you have caps lock on ahahaha sorry never mind, ok so you can get in period, my suggestion is let me try a fast setup for you and then give you a quick PM on details. I dunno if you have any kind of general computer setting that is dis-allowing you to get in there let me get back to you in a minute.

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

Galbally wrote: I am, and I do, but we should concentrate on the blog thing first. What are your suggestions, I've tried to reregister using a different name, password etc, but it ain't having none of that. I can't login using the old one either, I have a feeling that this is more to do with me being an idiot than any inherent computer flaw, but you never know. Thank you for looking kindly upon this computer moron.

I just sent you 2 PM's on this

― Mae West
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Getting better all the time

Forum Garden World Wide Forum
minks

Post by minks »

capt_buzzard wrote: Getting better all the time

holy cows my eyes deceive me, is that really you Captain OMG hope all is well with you sir. You have been missed.

― Mae West
Bez

Post by Bez »

capt_buzzard wrote: Getting better all the time

Hi Capt'n...missed you....are you going to get your own 'Irish Blog' up and running then....would be interesting.

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Okie dokie....went to the new-fangled weblog thingie and created my blog. Chose page colors, topics, titles and wrote my first entry. When I tried to check it out, I got my page to pop up for a split second and then it went to "page not available." It keeps doing that, however I try to access the page. Still working out kinks, Tombstone?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

comes up just dandy for me.

http://babyrider.forumgarden.net
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

anastrophe wrote: comes up just dandy for me.

http://babyrider.forumgarden.net
Well now, that link there works fine. :confused:

It was most likely a whoops in my computer. Makes me look rather foolish, though....:-3

Thanks Paul!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Dizz

Post by Dizz »

I'm emailing the link to my family and see if I can make it a miniforum for my family to keep in touch. We all live so far apart from each other.
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl
Lon

Post by Lon »

My Blog is up and running. Nice job FG.

http://www.forumgarden.net/entry.php?u=CYCLOPS&e_id=48

Return to “News and Announcements”