13 Russians indicted for interfering in US election

Discuss the latest political news.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

FBI says 13 Russians and 3 Russian organisations successfully interfered in the US elections. The detail provided by Rosenstein was remarkable, including emails from the indicted to family members saying the FBI were on to them and they were covering their tracks.

That's extensive.

I also noticed that Rosenstein said there was no suggestion in THIS indictment that Americans had knowingly colluded.

Just seen some Americans saying this is an act of war by the Russians and Trump is failing to do his duty in that he is not protecting the integrity of the electoral system.

Is the FBI bluffing?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Clodhopper;1517904 wrote: FBI says 13 Russians and 3 Russian organisations successfully interfered in the US elections. The detail provided by Rosenstein was remarkable, including emails from the indicted to family members saying the FBI were on to them and they were covering their tracks.

That's extensive.

I also noticed that Rosenstein said there was no suggestion in THIS indictment that Americans had knowingly colluded.

Just seen some Americans saying this is an act of war by the Russians and Trump is failing to do his duty in that he is not protecting the integrity of the electoral system.

Is the FBI bluffing?

Where did you get all this information from?

A link to the source for your comments would be appreciated, like a link.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Even if trump isn't directly implicated at this point do his suppoerters not wonder why the russians would want trump to win? What's in it for them
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1517912 wrote: Even if trump isn't directly implicated at this point do his suppoerters not wonder why the russians would want trump to win?

If I was a Trump supporter the question would cross my mind. More importantly, why should I care any more than anyone else?

gmc;1517912 wrote: What's in it for them

By that, I take it you mean the Russians.

I have never been a fan of trump. The Russians never expected to affect a change in the elections but did succeed in causing disruption and controversy.

Mission accomplished.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

tude dog;1517911 wrote: Where did you get all this information from?

A link to the source for your comments would be appreciated, like a link.

Oh, sorry tude. This was the BBC report showing Rosenstein reading the indictment - I assumed it would be all over the news everywhere. I also saw it on CNN and I think it was there a couple of talking heads said act of war.

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Obama was President during this election, not Trump. So it was his lack of security ( or any alphabet agency ) that may or may not of swayed the election. Again not Trump. If the anti Trumpers want us to go to war with Russia they are just stupid, who the hell wants more wars?

Now I'm no Trump apologist but I am pro American President. Including when Obama was President. However I am anti career politician. I haven't voted for an incumbent in over 25 years, I'm sick of the politicians caring only for their party, or themselves and not giving a damn what might be good for the U. S. & the world.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Maybe there is a case for Obama to answer about how did the Russians get in so easily, I don't know about that. Given the conspiracy theories that surround Pearl Harbor I expect the claim will be made. But the act of war comments come about after the event.

After Pearl Harbor happened war was a fact as a consequence of the act. Roosevelt said iirc, "Since the unprovoked and dastardly attack...a state of war has existed..." Has existed. Not, "I now declare war."

I don't think Trump can just say, "Oh well, happened under Obama so I don't need to do anything to protect the US electoral system," given all your spooks appear to be saying the Russians were playing silly buggers, and with considerable success and do you want them interfering in your mid terms, etc?

It's also a bit special when you have top US officials apparently telling foreign leaders to ignore the POTUS...

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Russian living here on a spy swap and his daughter in hospital after nerve agent use.

Investigating policeman also hospitalised due to contact with nerve agent. Extensive decontamination going on.

14 other cases now being looked at again, including this bloke's son.

I really don't like Putin's Russia. I think he's deliberately hammered us. Not sure we can do anything though...

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Clodhopper;1518225 wrote: Russian living here on a spy swap and his daughter in hospital after nerve agent use.

Investigating policeman also hospitalised due to contact with nerve agent. Extensive decontamination going on.

14 other cases now being looked at again, including this bloke's son.

I really don't like Putin's Russia. I think he's deliberately hammered us. Not sure we can do anything though...

We can not go to their world cup, that'll show 'em
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bryn Mawr;1518299 wrote: We can not go to their world cup, that'll show 'em

Scotland are already not going. How's that for forward planning?:sneaky:
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

My understanding is that Russian football hooliganism is a level beyond anything UK hooliganism ever achieved and is regarded rather indulgently as an expression of national virility. I think footie fans from anywhere should be careful and English ones, in the current climate, would be better not going.

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1518301 wrote: Scotland are already not going. How's that for forward planning?:sneaky:

And, as of today, not to the cricket world cup either.

Return to “Current Political Events”