Oh Dear

Discuss the latest political news.
gmc

Oh Dear

Post by gmc »

This would be funny if it wasn't so tragic

Nikki Haley seemingly tricked by Russian pranksters into commenting on fictional country 'Binomo' | The Independent
magentaflame

Oh Dear

Post by magentaflame »

she'll have to be sacked now. She just created false news about a country that doesn't exist..... goes to show how false these people are .

obviously to keep a close eye on this country she'll be navel gazing.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Oh Dear

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1516562 wrote: she'll have to be sacked now. She just created false news about a country that doesn't exist..... goes to show how false these people are .

obviously to keep a close eye on this country she'll be navel gazing.

Nah, she didn't create any of it. She just demonstrated that she doesn't know what she's talking about. She fits right in with the rest of his crew.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Oh Dear

Post by gmc »

She also doesn't

1) have the common sense to admit she has never heard of a country

2) The common sense to suspect someone might be conning her.

People in her position, or any adult with half a brain shuld not be so gullible.
magentaflame

Oh Dear

Post by magentaflame »

Well certainly not in her position thats fpr sure
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

Oh Dear

Post by AnneBoleyn »

gmc;1516592 wrote: She also doesn't

1) have the common sense to admit she has never heard of a country

2) The common sense to suspect someone might be conning her.

People in her position, or any adult with half a brain shuld not be so gullible.

You are too kind. She is an arrogant ignoramus. Fits right in with the rest of the Gang.
magentaflame

Oh Dear

Post by magentaflame »

I thought she was okay at first...she had balls...but shes shown herself up as a puppet recently and not a very good one. Backing Trump in threatening the rest of the world at tbe UN...instead of behind closed doors was a mistake.
AnneBoleyn

Oh Dear

Post by AnneBoleyn »

She did one good act as Governor of South Carolina---banning the flying of the Confederate flag on state property after the church murders. I've been watching her for years & have nothing else praiseworthy to say except I can't believe that you are being so kind to this person, you & gmc. None of this Gang are worth it.
magentaflame

Oh Dear

Post by magentaflame »

Its not a good idea to toy with countries you give money to. America gives money to Indonesia...we give money to them too. A month ago they allowed Russia to occupy an island to allow "navigational exercises"....probably should have told someone. Darwin military bases went into high alert. So if Trump wants to threaten countries they have to remember Russia is sitting off shore quite willing to lend them a hand
AnneBoleyn

Oh Dear

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"A month ago they allowed Russia to occupy an island to allow "navigational exercises"."

Who is "they?" Was Nikki Haley involved?
magentaflame

Oh Dear

Post by magentaflame »

Indonesia....thats what i mean. Dont threaten countries who have options. In the end it opens a can of worms for other countries as well. One of our prime ministers tried that funding threat ....he didnt have a job soon afterward. And i totally agree about the "gang" youre referring to

, it amazes me after all the shuffling and sackings and threats and backflips Americans havent had enough of it yet. You guys still havent seen Trumps taxes yet which by your own federal laws he must show the cpuntry ehere his interests are. We are well aware he has interests in Asia.
AnneBoleyn

Oh Dear

Post by AnneBoleyn »

We can't just throw Trump out because the majority don't like him. We have constitutional laws to follow and so far Trump hasn't broken them. If so, it would be up to Congress to bring impeachment, & Congress is majority Republican. It is not a federal law that he show his taxes, it is a tradition that he show them. The founders sought checks & balances by the three branches of government and didn't imagine a collusion between branches if and when Trump would break any laws, which, I repeat, he has not yet been legally accused of.
magentaflame

Oh Dear

Post by magentaflame »

So he cant be replaced by a member of his own party? He has to actually break a law? Does nobody in his party understand how much he is screwing with the world?

When some of your best minds refuse to take diplomatic positions leaving them vacant this long after his intro to presendancy you guys have a real problem.
AnneBoleyn

Oh Dear

Post by AnneBoleyn »

His party supports him. His party is worse than he is. IMO, being a Republican is a mental illness. Of course, they feel the same about those who are not them. So, it's a draw. The diplomatic & State Dep't. positions left unfilled are not so because any "best minds" refused them. Where did you get that idea? The positions are not filled as Herr Trump is dismantling them. He doesn't want them filled, and he can't be forced to do so.

eta--we are not Parliamentary. What you describe "So he cant be replaced by a member of his own party?" is Parliamentary. Trump can only be replaced by his Vice-President, in this instance, based on the 25th Amendment to the Constitution, but Pence must lead the charge backed by the cabinet & that ain't going to happen.
magentaflame

Oh Dear

Post by magentaflame »

So you's are ****ed then?
AnneBoleyn

Oh Dear

Post by AnneBoleyn »

magentaflame;1516620 wrote: So you's are ****ed then?

For Now.

btw, magenta, you have passed into the new year, & I wish you a happy, healthy, fulfilled 2018! 6&1/2 hours to go here in NYC!
LarsMac

Oh Dear

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1516617 wrote: So he cant be replaced by a member of his own party? He has to actually break a law? Does nobody in his party understand how much he is screwing with the world?

When some of your best minds refuse to take diplomatic positions leaving them vacant this long after his intro to presendancy you guys have a real problem.

The Republican party is gone completely Batsh t crazy, and the members of Congress have realized that he will not interfere with them. They have free rein while he babbles and plays golf.

THEY aren't going to do anything to mess with that. At least not until he refuses to sign a bill they put before him.

And the Democrats are going to be forced to st and watch and try to interfere where they can.

If we're lucky, in 2018 the Democrats or some independents can take a couple or three seats away from the GOP.

This could prove to be the worst congressional session since the days of Coolidge and Hoover.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Oh Dear

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1516620 wrote: So you's are ****ed then?

That about sums it up.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Oh Dear

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1516623 wrote: That about sums it up.

You know, Lars, I spent the entire year depressed (or something) over this. NOT THIS YEAR!

Happy New Year!!!!!!
LarsMac

Oh Dear

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1516624 wrote: You know, Lars, I spent the entire year depressed (or something) over this. NOT THIS YEAR!

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Happy New Year to you, Too, Anne.

I refused to spend the year depressed. I decided to focus on what was really important.

"It's faster horses, younger women,

Older whiskey, and more money"
- Thanks to Tom T Hall
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Oh Dear

Post by magentaflame »

Thanks Anne...... ive begun the year by naming a small spider "siegfreid"....thats what sensory deprivation does to you.

And just wittnessed another guard doing the nutbush to keep themselves alert......happy new year lol
Wandrin

Oh Dear

Post by Wandrin »

AnneBoleyn;1516624 wrote: You know, Lars, I spent the entire year depressed (or something) over this. NOT THIS YEAR!

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Thank you. You just summed up my situation exactly. And you're right. Thank you again, Anne. And a Happy New Year to you.

Return to “Current Political Events”