The Presidential Election of 2020

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:08 am
spot wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:15 am I suspect the bit on the left has been photoshopped.
I suspect that you are right.
Snooze has previous, of course.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

You know, you're on the internet. It's a simple matter of looking for yourselves if you think I'm posting sh*t.

The shirts were supplied by Candace Owens (look her up, I'm not going to do the work for you) and they were paid to be there wearing those shirts.

spot

Post by spot »

It didn't stop me from a big grin though.

Okay, I'm appalled but maybe it is what happened.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

You know, you're on the internet. It's a simple matter of looking for yourselves if you think I'm posting sh*t.

The shirts were supplied by Candace Owens (look her up, I'm not going to do the work for you) and they were paid to be there wearing those shirts.

Since when does the Don need to pay for an enthusiastic audience? :o
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:04 pm Since when does the Don need to pay for an enthusiastic audience? :o
That's an irrelevant question - Snooze never said he did. Assuming the current popular story about Ms Owens is true - and I have no opinion about that - she's an independent actor.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Trump seldom pays for anything. That is well documented.
However, his supporters have paid for a number of Trump's enthusiastic audiences.
"In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute."
- Thurgood Marshall
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Is it just me or did he sound a little more unhinged than usual during that rally/speech?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:48 pm Is it just me or did he sound a little more unhinged than usual during that rally/speech?
Define "Usual"

Frankly, I avoid listening to him.
"In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute."
- Thurgood Marshall
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:06 pm
magentaflame wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:48 pm Is it just me or did he sound a little more unhinged than usual during that rally/speech?
Define "Usual"

Frankly, I avoid listening to him.
I won't say despotic. Manic? His delivery, his has voice has changed.
spot

Post by spot »

He adopted a triumphal back-from-the-grave I'm the new Messiah follow me to glory tone. With three weeks to the election he's got his timing perfect.

President Trump resembles the hero of Gore Vidal's "Kalki" death-cult, the book is prescient. I thought it was before it turned out to be.

"His birth will be the end of the Kali Yuga, the final of the four eras in the endless cycle of existence". It's where Vidal got the name. It's why Sam was called Kalkin too, in Lord of Light.

"By the end, it doesn't seem like fiction at all that we're reading, but just another clever dissertation by Gore Vidal" - from Wikipedia. Surely that's true of every book the chap wrote though, it's why I enjoyed them so much.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:56 pm He adopted a triumphal back-from-the-grave I'm the new Messiah follow me to glory tone. With three weeks to the election he's got his timing perfect.

President Trump resembles the hero of Gore Vidal's "Kalki" death-cult, the book is prescient. I thought it was before it turned out to be.

"His birth will be the end of the Kali Yuga, the final of the four eras in the endless cycle of existence". It's where Vidal got the name. It's why Sam was called Kalkin too, in Lord of Light.

"By the end, it doesn't seem like fiction at all that we're reading, but just another clever dissertation by Gore Vidal" - from Wikipedia. Surely that's true of every book the chap wrote though, it's why I enjoyed them so much.
Bah Humbug! ......I think we're going to have to begin running a betting book. I can't see the population of the US being that dumb. Fool me once kind of scenario.
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:24 pm Bah Humbug! ......I think we're going to have to begin running a betting book. I can't see the population of the US being that dumb. Fool me once kind of scenario.
Seriously?

I'll be very surprised if he loses next month.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

spot wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:41 pm
magentaflame wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:24 pm Bah Humbug! ......I think we're going to have to begin running a betting book. I can't see the population of the US being that dumb. Fool me once kind of scenario.
Seriously?

I'll be very surprised if he loses next month.
If he wins, I'm going to come back to this thread and call you a filthy name.
spot

Post by spot »

Snooz wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:14 pm If he wins, I'm going to come back to this thread and call you a filthy name.
What puzzles me is that although the result of the election will have an impact on my health, my welfare and my peace of mind, I'm not allowed a vote. If I ever need a definition of "Empire" I'll base it on that single fact.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I'm sure you're all familiar with the Lincoln Project, a group of "never-Trumper" Republicans. They've done some really good political ads (in addition to some amusing attack ads) but I think this is the best one yet.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Snooz wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:44 pm I'm sure you're all familiar with the Lincoln Project, a group of "never-Trumper" Republicans. They've done some really good political ads (in addition to some amusing attack ads) but I think this is the best one yet.

I had that conversation in the Pub before all the lockdowns about that very subject. I posed the question 'doesn't the republican base have daughters and wives? Or do they think certain women deserve his crap and theirs are different and nobody would ever assume the same stance toward their daughters? One of our Prime ministers was a dead set mysoginist. When people got all up on him about being one he went and made himself "minister for women" . beyond reckoning.
spot

Post by spot »

Has anyone a feel yet for which way the election will go? It's not far off now. Fifteen days. I assume there will eventually be some television coverage.

Hopeful news for the Trump campaign, there are two states this week whose average number of reported cases over the past week has dropped. Vermont and Missouri.

There seems to be a convention on the Internet recently for denying anyone's paying for posts. For the record, nobody has paid me for posting. Not even Moscow. It's enough to make a chap weep.

Return to “Current Political Events”