The enchanted isle.

Journals - The Events of Your Life.
Raven

The enchanted isle.

Post by Raven »

Who says Britain has lost it's magic? The land of Kings and wizards still has an enchantment on it. We went in search of that magic recently. I'm going to show you some. I'm starting this journal as I travel over the width and length of the island, in search of a more mysterious side to this ancient land Britannia.

Attached files
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
lady cop

The enchanted isle.

Post by lady cop »

i love England and my Englishman...cannot wait to get there. it is a land of mystery and enchantment.
Raven

The enchanted isle.

Post by Raven »

The search for the green man.........way back to our pagan past. Do remnants of him still linger in this place? I would say they do! In old oak trees.....and in old monuments to the past....they do.

Attached files
Raven

The enchanted isle.

Post by Raven »

lady cop wrote: i love England and my Englishman...cannot wait to get there. it is a land of mystery and enchantment.
Oh LC! It's such a wonderful place! (I absolutely ADORE my englishman!);)
lady cop

The enchanted isle.

Post by lady cop »

soon God, oh please. i love my Brit so much. my job is keeping me here, and he flies over. but i am going there before i die! i am so envious of you Raven. i want to be there.
buttercup

The enchanted isle.

Post by buttercup »

great thread raven, are you adventures on weekends or is this a full time thing?
Raven

The enchanted isle.

Post by Raven »

This one was a ten day camping trip to north wales. We have another one coming up in october. I'm hoping to get to Scotland soon! I dont care what ANYONE else says.......I've seen it for myself! This island is absolutely MAGNIFICENT! Theres just something about creeping around old ruinous castles, having lunch in gothic graveyards, (pics to follow) and discovering our primal past, that appeals to me. It's a total journey of discovery here. With the anglo-saxon chronicles in one hand and the mabinogion in the other, I'm discovering my roots. The people who built the great stone circles of Britain are my ancestors too. The magic of the druids is still in evidence here if you know where to look. I'm on a bards quest of history.

Attached files
buttercup

The enchanted isle.

Post by buttercup »

raven i live near the ruin of the magnificent slains castle where bram stoker was inspired to write dracula, also to the south of me is the ruin of dunnotter castle where im told some braveheart scenes were shot, if you get up to the north east i'd be more than happy to show you around & tell you about the history of both areas, we also have some remarkable standing stones
Betty Boop

The enchanted isle.

Post by Betty Boop »

Give me a shout if you make your way down this end of the isle!! We have quite a few standing sones down here, one of which is in a field next to my sisters farm!!!

Tintagel would be a good place to go check out http://www.tintagelweb.co.uk/Tintagel%20Castle.htm
Raven

The enchanted isle.

Post by Raven »

In october we were thinking of Cornwall. I'll let you know for sure when we decide. It's one of the hubby's favorites. Cant wait to find out why!
Betty Boop

The enchanted isle.

Post by Betty Boop »

Raven wrote: In october we were thinking of Cornwall. I'll let you know for sure when we decide. It's one of the hubby's favorites. Cant wait to find out why!

I'ts beautiful down here, but then I'm biased!!!

Rugged and dramatic like Scotland but with Palm Trees!!!:wah:
gmc

The enchanted isle.

Post by gmc »

posted by betty boop

I'ts beautiful down here, but then I'm biased!!!

Rugged and dramatic like Scotland but with Palm Trees!!

We get palm trees Scotland round the west coast where the coconuts get carried by the gulf stream.
lady cop

The enchanted isle.

Post by lady cop »

nice to see you GMC!

Return to “Journals”