The Barbados Cruise---December 6, 2009

Journals - The Events of Your Life.
Lon

Post by Lon »

My wife and I are looking forward to this trip and she began her packing two days ago. Me? I can pack in 15 minutes the night of the 5th. At this moment my wife is having her nails done. Me? I cut my finger and toe nails last week. Tomorrow my wife will have her hair done. Me? I had a haircut three weeks ago. This will be my first attempt at doing a Journal of a trip and will try to keep it current with pictures as well as commentary. My new mini computer and digital camera should make this fairly easy to do and the fact that there will be wi fi access at many locations. I am doing this not only for my own enjoyment but for family members and friends via FB, and for any others that may find the posts of interest.
Lon

Post by Lon »

In 24 hours we will be out of here and on our way. Despite lots of travel in my life, I'm like a kid, couldn't sleep last night in anticipation of leaving.

Last minute preparation amounts to picking all the lemons off our tree before the frosty mornings get to them and going online to print boarding passes for our flight to Miami where we will spend one night before taking another flight to Barbados. A couple hours of water volleyball this afternoon and dinner out tonight since we've emptied the fridge.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Saturday night 9:45 PM----Arrived in Miami two hours ago after a flight from Sacramento via Denver. Denver from the air was pretty white with snow and had that frosty look. Met a number of people on the plane that were like wise going on a cruise to somewhere. We all agreed that the cruise lines were offering some deep discounts to fill their cabins, since the economy has impacted their advance bookings.

Looking forward to the flight to Barbados tomorrow.
Lon

Post by Lon »

We arrived in Barbados after a little more than a three hour flight from Miami and had to complete more forms and health statements than I ever recall having to do before when traveling abroad. Probably due to the H1 thing and the ongoing terrorist security.

Sat next to a interesting South African and his wife that were on their way to take the same cruise as my wife and I. They run a big commercial crocodile farm in So. Africa with the skins being sold for boots, purses etc. Showed us some interesting pictures.

We boarded the Windsurf at 4 PM and were greeted with fresh fruit, cheeses & wines and then taken to our suite. WOW----nice digs----best yet that I have had on a cruise. His and her bathroom, toilet and shower, dressing table, two flat screen TV’s, free Ipods to use. Wi Fie via satellite. Sure beats the days of Captain Bligh and the Bounty.

Dinner was at one of the three restaurants last night and consisted of a 6 course meal that was outstanding with the main being veal. We are both tired after all the travel and will go to bed at 11 PM & have breakfast in our suite Monday at 7:30 AM

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2009
Lon

Post by Lon »

I had to give up on keeping this journal current as although the ship had wfi, the satellite connection was unbearably slow and up loading messages let alone pics was next to impossible. We are now back in Florida and on our way back to California. I will post pics and comments later.

Return to “Journals”